Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-17, 23:32   Link #5781
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Well he manipulated memories to make people think he was part of the royal family so that is not entirely true. Its all about what would forward his plans whether to fix things like you said or manipulate events as necessary. His interest in Lux just makes me feel there is more to Lux which with the info on aerils past makes me think maybe it could be Lux as well. Perhaps Fugil saw himself in Lux because of his friendship with the more idealistic aeril and brought him to the future like the princesses did
Did he? Lux's father is clearly aware that Fugil is not his son but the benefactor who saved their ancestor (the family of traitors) in the past.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 01:17   Link #5782
Bugfragged

Is it possible that the emperor went through Baptism?
Bugfragged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 09:43   Link #5783
Mirable
ミラベル

^I doubt it and we will never know since he's dead.
Old 2018-10-19, 13:24   Link #5784
digitalak27

Did the manga end?
digitalak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 14:37   Link #5785
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalak27 View Post
Did the manga end?
yeah but the LN continues
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 04:37   Link #5786
Doe, John

I've been rereading past volumes and had an idea for a fanfic.

In Volume 12, Lisha talks about how she created her Over Unit upgrades during her fight against the Dragon Marauders leaders. It's only a few paragraphs, but for some reason it stuck in my head and I wanted to try fleshing it out. There's not a lot of fanfics for this series right now.

Below is a preview.

Spoiler:
Doe, John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 04:49   Link #5787
darkofficer
just a devil

Cause fanfics for a harem series Mostley delete the mc

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 06:09   Link #5788
whiteshadow
Slowly Dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe, John View Post
I've been rereading past volumes and had an idea for a fanfic.

In Volume 12, Lisha talks about how she created her Over Unit upgrades during her fight against the Dragon Marauders leaders. It's only a few paragraphs, but for some reason it stuck in my head and I wanted to try fleshing it out. There's not a lot of fanfics for this series right now.

Below is a preview.

Spoiler:
Is your fanfic? I see the name lisha I automatically get demotivated, she annoys me
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 06:17   Link #5789
Mirable
ミラベル

I remember there is bahamut fanfic, the story almost look the same with original but it add more one male in acedemy beside Lux and he serve as duo protagonist with Lux.

I'm not read that fanfic much, see new protagonist flirt with Krul and other give me NTR vibe..
Old 2018-11-07, 06:38   Link #5790
Doe, John

This fanfic would be an expansion of canon, there won't be any NTR or anything.
Old 2018-11-07, 08:13   Link #5791
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
I remember there is bahamut fanfic, the story almost look the same with original but it add more one male in acedemy beside Lux and he serve as duo protagonist with Lux.

I'm not read that fanfic much, see new protagonist flirt with Krul and other give me NTR vibe..

Yeah, i hate seeings fanfics where author create now protagonist(often Self-Insert) just to steal original MC harem(Hello there High School DxD and many others harems), why they can't create new characters or take characters that already exists and are not in love with MC.

I'd love to see fanfic that expands universe or to see more interactions beetwen MC and his harem(for example Post-Ending content).
ThorPL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 17:36   Link #5792
choreprince

This reason is I why I never read fanfiction because for the most part that's all it is. OC takes over followed by retarded changes to the story that make no sense. I can't agree more if you want to write make your own story with it's own characters isn't that the fun but I suppose your free to do whatever you like but I personally will never really care for fanfiction it's stupid. The story is most of the time best left to it's own devices.
choreprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-08, 07:50   Link #5793
LeftSeven
2D artist

lol..that's like you steal people's story and you self-insert yourself as your oc, i'd rather read doujin without character change than fanfic.
Old 2018-11-17, 16:46   Link #5794
Doe, John

I was thinking about a possible second season of the anime. While the ending for the anime that we did get makes it unlikely, it's nice to dream about.

If a hypothetical second season were 12 episodes long, there are 3 ways to adapt the material. They could adapt 2 volumes (as done by e.g. High School DxD), 3 volumes (as done by e.g. Date A Live, with an option for including some of the short stories in Volume 9) or 5 volumes (as done by the first season of Bahamut). As I see it, all 3 options end at a reasonable point: with the introduction of the Lords; with the first defeat of Sacred Eclipse; and with the reform of the Heiburg Republic and the defeat of Metatron, respectively. The third of these does have the problem of being rushed.

If the second season were 24 episodes long (which would be incredibly lucky), then there are two options: adapt 8 volumes or 10 volumes. The former is better in terms of pacing and has a decent ending, with the Lords fleeing, Fugil revealing (some of) his capabilities and the final scene with Aeril is even similar to how the first season ended. The latter option is more rushed and has 2 sub-options: end on a cliffhanger for a hypothetical third season with the reveal of Raffi being the next villain (unlikely, given that they skipped all of the foreshadowing about Endless in the first season); or have an anime-original ending where Fugil and Sacred Eclipse get defeated once and for all. I think that an anime-original ending would be more likely, and this would involve the Seven Dragon Paladins fighting and getting defeated as in the LN, only for Lux and the others to step up to the plate and defeat Fugil.

Obviously, there's the issue of Lisha becoming queen in the final episode of season 1. The easiest way to get around this would be a retcon (as done by DxD's season 4 to the previous season, which was not well received).
Old 2018-11-17, 16:55   Link #5795
DragonOsman
Dragon King

For DxD Hero: Actually, the Japanese fans liked it as far as I've heard. It's mainly the western fans that didn't, because they like BorN's art and/or like Raynare (ew). I even heard that the western fans don't even know Le Fay. Like, seriously?

Anyway, we probably shouldn't talk too much about the anime here since it's for the LN.
Old 2018-11-18, 06:43   Link #5796
LeftSeven
2D artist

anime? you people are surely masochist, aren't you?
Old 2018-11-18, 08:44   Link #5797
haseo0408

Any wor on when is the volume 17 coming out? I can't hardly wait considering all that is happenning in the story right now.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 14:34   Link #5798
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftSeven View Post
anime? you people are surely masochist, aren't you?
You really don't like those anime adaptations, don't you?

I understand(or rather "know) that you dislike that they are greatly rushed or cut big part of material, but they have positive sides such as art style and maybe animation too(i have lacking/weak imigantion so i always appreciate more illustrations in LN, Anime and Manga adapations), music, and they can be good beggining place for people who didn't read/know about original source and after watching anime they might want to continue series(and also they boost sales)

I don't like when LN don't have illustrations(For example how character look like or their clothes) for something or at least description, Manga and Anime adaptations are great help for me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
For DxD Hero: Actually, the Japanese fans liked it as far as I've heard. It's mainly the western fans that didn't, because they like BorN's art and/or like Raynare (ew). I even heard that the western fans don't even know Le Fay. Like, seriously?

Anyway, we probably shouldn't talk too much about the anime here since it's for the LN.
On reddit(i think it can be good representation of western fans) IIRC opinions were rather positive(except of circle jerk about animation style from fans 1-3 seasons)

About Le Fay, i assume(if it's true) that many western fans didn't read material source(also there is high chance that they are anime-only fans and maybe dub too) and 4th season of DxD Hero: was first time when they saw Le Fay.

Rayanre is probably popular because of "Draco in Leather Pants" trope, and Issei's harem(especially Rias) because of The Ron the Death Eater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe, John View Post
I was thinking about a possible second season of the anime. While the ending for the anime that we did get makes it unlikely, it's nice to dream about.

If a hypothetical second season were 12 episodes long, there are 3 ways to adapt the material. They could adapt 2 volumes (as done by e.g. High School DxD), 3 volumes (as done by e.g. Date A Live, with an option for including some of the short stories in Volume 9) or 5 volumes (as done by the first season of Bahamut). As I see it, all 3 options end at a reasonable point: with the introduction of the Lords; with the first defeat of Sacred Eclipse; and with the reform of the Heiburg Republic and the defeat of Metatron, respectively. The third of these does have the problem of being rushed.

If the second season were 24 episodes long (which would be incredibly lucky), then there are two options: adapt 8 volumes or 10 volumes. The former is better in terms of pacing and has a decent ending, with the Lords fleeing, Fugil revealing (some of) his capabilities and the final scene with Aeril is even similar to how the first season ended. The latter option is more rushed and has 2 sub-options: end on a cliffhanger for a hypothetical third season with the reveal of Raffi being the next villain (unlikely, given that they skipped all of the foreshadowing about Endless in the first season); or have an anime-original ending where Fugil and Sacred Eclipse get defeated once and for all. I think that an anime-original ending would be more likely, and this would involve the Seven Dragon Paladins fighting and getting defeated as in the LN, only for Lux and the others to step up to the plate and defeat Fugil.

Obviously, there's the issue of Lisha becoming queen in the final episode of season 1. The easiest way to get around this would be a retcon (as done by DxD's season 4 to the previous season, which was not well received).

I agree that retcons would be needed(a lot of them, because for example we would need introduce Aeril and people from other kingdoms)

As for adapation, i would prefer more episodes(24) and less volume(2 or 3?) that would allow to adapt LN''s more faithfully, do some heavy worldbuilding(IIRC "1st season" was rather lacking in that aspect) and give characters more screen time.

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-11-20 at 14:46.
Old 2018-11-20, 14:46   Link #5799
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorPL123 View Post
As for adapation, i would prefer more episodes(24) and less volume(2 or 3?) that would allow to adapt LN''s more faithfully,do some worldbuilding(IIRC "1st season" was rather lacking in that aspect) and give characters more screen time.
That'd be the ideal way for Anime-only Viewers, but it rarely works that way. Most Anime Adaptations function as ads for the source materials, so the more stuff they can cram in a series, the better to them, since it shows more potential waifu materials to get as many new fans as possible to buy the source materials.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 14:53   Link #5800
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
That'd be the ideal way for Anime-only Viewers, but it rarely works that way. Most Anime Adaptations function as ads for the source materials, so the more stuff they can cram in a series, the better to them, since it shows more potential waifu materials to get as many new fans as possible to buy the source materials.

Yes, I'm aware of that, because of reasons you listed and that production of anime is quite expensive.

Unless you are Sword Art Online.(Alicization is 4 seasons long, and other seasons were 2 seasons long IIRC) But Saijaku Bahamut isn't popular as SAO(golden goose of LN's).

Tags
action, bakapervert, crossdressing, harem, harem done right, harem end, kuudere, mecha, op mc, robot, true harem, tsundere