AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-09-17, 01:55   Link #261
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Well, sorry if I sounded rude, just that saying she overshadows Nemesis as the main heroine makes it pretty obvious she likes Ray to me. (Not often a main heroine doesn't like the protagonist)
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-17, 06:59   Link #262
Nishaven

^No problem mate.
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-17, 19:45   Link #263
Zen Quarta
AI Number 0

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2018-09-17, 20:16   Link #264
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Quarta View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for New WN Chapter:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 02:07   Link #265
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2018-09-22, 03:54   Link #266
Hikaru8

So, which has been your favourite main arc and side story arc until now? Also, Liliana gets more screentime in future arcs? She looks super strong and would be nice to see a battle of her or something.
Hikaru8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 04:22   Link #267
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Don't know about favourite arc (I'm bad with choosing), but for Liliana, sorry to say that to you, but by the current standard she's weak.

At the start of the story she looks strong because, well, it's the start and all, but at the current stage of the story where we see all the freaks OP as hell, she wouldn't be able to do anything.
Of course, Masters with their Embryo and special Tians aside, you can say she's strong, but that's it.

We can't say anything about the future, though, as she could get a Superior Job (you can guess which one) thus making her more relevant.

Also, one of the answers to our spoilers as been revealed in the latest chapter.
Old 2018-09-22, 10:05   Link #268
Outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru8 View Post
So, which has been your favourite main arc and side story arc until now? Also, Liliana gets more screentime in future arcs? She looks super strong and would be nice to see a battle of her or something.
Main: Arc 5.
Side: Gloria.
Liliana doesn't get all that much screentime, but I have a feeling she will when the stage will switch to Granvaloa.
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 15:10   Link #269
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
Main: Arc 5.
Side: Gloria.
Cmopletely agree. These arcs were amazing. Pale Psalm 2 was pretty good too.

Quote:
Liliana doesn't get all that much screentime, but I have a feeling she will when the stage will switch to Granvaloa.
Did the author say something about this happening?

Old 2018-09-23, 07:25   Link #270
Outsider

You mean the stage switching to Granvaloa?
I think he did. Don't quote me on that, though.
But even if he didn't, I'd say it's extremely likely that that's where Ray's going after the war. My reasons for this:
-As stages for the story, Altar and Dryfe will be pretty much exhausted at that point
-Altar and Dryfe both see Caldina as a threat, so, regardless of the result of the war, they'll likely want to gain more allies against it
-Legendaria is already allied with Altar
-But Granvaloa isn't
-According to the map Kaido posted, Granvaloa is currently close to the western side of the continent (Dryfe, Altar, and Legendaria)
-Liliana is a Grandria — a member of one of the four great families of Granvaloa (and perhaps even the Celestial Knight at that point of the story)
-Milianne is a Grandria, too, and is even implied to be something more
-Both are great for negotiation with Granvaloa
And so, Altar sends them out, and Ray's group joins them because friendship and as an indication that they mean business.
Old 2018-09-23, 10:26   Link #271
Hikaru8

I am totally interested in seeing Legendaria and Tenchi in the main story. I've only read the light novels, but as Legendaria is just below Altar kingdom I guess there is some chance for some kind of event there. And Tenchi just for the fanservice of the feudal japan setting, although if we saw Kouga Empire instead I wouldn't complain.

By the way, since they hinted from the beginning of the series that there will be a major change in the ID world once the superior masters count reach 100 (I imagine who the 100th person will be), I'm hyped to see what it will be, anyhow I guess that the 7th form of embryos won't be the real last one or there will be new places or something like that, but you guys know a lot more, so if you feel free you can enlighten me.
Old 2018-09-23, 13:16   Link #272
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
You mean the stage switching to Granvaloa?
I think he did. Don't quote me on that, though.
But even if he didn't, I'd say it's extremely likely that that's where Ray's going after the war. My reasons for this:
-As stages for the story, Altar and Dryfe will be pretty much exhausted at that point
-Altar and Dryfe both see Caldina as a threat, so, regardless of the result of the war, they'll likely want to gain more allies against it
-Legendaria is already allied with Altar
-But Granvaloa isn't
-According to the map Kaido posted, Granvaloa is currently close to the western side of the continent (Dryfe, Altar, and Legendaria)
-Liliana is a Grandria — a member of one of the four great families of Granvaloa (and perhaps even the Celestial Knight at that point of the story)
-Milianne is a Grandria, too, and is even implied to be something more
-Both are great for negotiation with Granvaloa
And so, Altar sends them out, and Ray's group joins them because friendship and as an indication that they mean business.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru8 View Post
By the way, since they hinted from the beginning of the series that there will be a major change in the ID world once the superior masters count reach 100 (I imagine who the 100th person will be),
I think that's far from happening, based on what we've seen.

Quote:
I'm hyped to see what it will be, anyhow I guess that the 7th form of embryos won't be the real last one
There is a form beyond that, yes.

Old 2018-10-01, 14:07   Link #273
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Vol 8 illustrations: https://imgur.com/a/kDvx7MF (order was messed up during the upload, and don't know how to order things on Imgur)

Only one colour and the style seems kinda different from usual? And really surprised by Tom, didn't imagine him like that at all.
Old 2018-10-01, 15:06   Link #274
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Vol 8 illustrations: https://imgur.com/a/kDvx7MF (order was messed up during the upload, and don't know how to order things on Imgur)

Only one colour and the style seems kinda different from usual? And really surprised by Tom, didn't imagine him like that at all.
Rather than a new style, the illustrations look unfinished almost. Tom does look different than what I expected as well, I expected him to look like Hans from Rokka no Yuusha, but he looks like a hipster instead. I guess the original Tom looked something like that.

Also, did I spy Mario in the illustrations too?

Old 2018-10-01, 18:57   Link #275
TsundereRic

If the seiza yukata one is Nemesis, then she looks lolier than usual
TsundereRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:24   Link #276
Hikaru8

Finished reading volume 7 and one interesting thing to point out is that the author said in the afterword that "they can't afford to release a volume only filled with side stories" so it seems that sadly the light novels are going to have have another aproach to the story, one with less info. Hopefully someone in the future gets to translate the side stories or at least make summaries about them, the only thing that this series need is a bit of fame, something that a good anime adaptation would grant it (maybe its just a matter of time).
On another note, it totally looks that arc 5 is going to be adapted in 3 volumes just like arc 3, seeing the length of that story and where the illustrations of last volume get to. At least volume 9 should have a really cool character making her "debut".
Old 2018-10-14, 11:28   Link #277
Outsider

^I'm quite sure there was nothing about cutting any side stories altogether. I feel like they'll just postpone them, at worst.
Episode Superior I is crucial Figgy and Shu development, the White Pages are necessary for Hugo and because it's a glimpse at the world from another country's perspective, and Gloria is Gloria.
Old 2018-10-14, 11:32   Link #278
FormerLurker

I don’t get why they won’t do that though, a lot of novels do release side stories volume or a side story series side by side with the main series
FormerLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 14:38   Link #279
superhotdogzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post
I don’t get why they won’t do that though, a lot of novels do release side stories volume or a side story series side by side with the main series
It won't sell as well as the main story.
If the main story is insanely popular, yea, but for this book i think it would be a bit risky business wise, not to mention a lot of the side story content is pretty important for the main story, that would leave the people who didn't read side story with "did I miss couple book or not?" kind of feeling which is not good.
superhotdogzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 20:41   Link #280
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

JNC just licensed the manga.

Tags
high fantasy, science fiction, vrmmorpg