AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 08:10   Link #1
Westlo
Lets be reality

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

It's back baby!

Quote:
Arc System Works is proud to announce the upcoming Guilty Gear title at their "Arc System Works Festival", which took place in the Yokohama Pacifico venue on 5/19/2013.
Be sure to stay tuned, as Daisuke Ishiwatari takes the director's chair once again, to bring you, THE latest installment to the beloved fighting franchise:Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-!

Guilty Gear Xrd Portal Site : http://ggxrd.com/
Can't wait for Ishiwatari to show why he's better in charge than lol Mori. Also that 3d over 2d is looking alright, powered by Unreal engine, makes this the 3rd Unreal Engine fighter after MK9 and Injustice IIRC.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 08:15   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---!!!!

Let's rock !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 08:20   Link #3
Shadow5YA

Eh... not a fan of Unreal Engine, but it's still Guilty Gear so who cares
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 08:22   Link #4
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Eh... not a fan of Unreal Engine, but it's still Guilty Gear so who cares
If they didn't say it was the Unreal engine I highly doubt you or anyone would know it was, so it's a moot point, and besides they've managed to animate 3d characters like a 2d fighting games, so obviously it worked out well for them.

And if takes a lot less time to make than a traditional 2d hd fighter, all the better, IIRC KOFXIII characters took 10 months to make.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:28   Link #5
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If they didn't say it was the Unreal engine I highly doubt you or anyone would know it was, so it's a moot point, and besides they've managed to animate 3d characters like a 2d fighting games, so obviously it worked out well for them.

And if takes a lot less time to make than a traditional 2d hd fighter, all the better, IIRC KOFXIII characters took 10 months to make.
I think I notice it on games games MK9, Injustice, and DmC fine without anyone telling me, thank you. I also don't like how those games look, but that's another story.

It's not like I'm suddenly going to ignore this just because of Unreal Engine. Give me a break.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:32   Link #6
Chase

This is awesome news to the max. It looks dope
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 08:38   Link #7
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I think I notice it on games games MK9, Injustice, and DmC fine without anyone telling me, thank you. I also don't like how those games look, but that's another story.
That's nice and all but we're talking about this game, not DmC or Gears of War or whatever the hell you want to bring up now. I fail to see the point of bitching about the Unreal engine when it doesn't even look like a typical UE game.

Guilty Gears back and your first reaction is to bitch about the graphics engine, lmao.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:43   Link #8
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Heaven or Hell! Duel One. Let's Rock!!!

First a BB anime and now news of a new Guilty Gear. This just keeps getting better and better.

I'm truly hyped for this being a dediced Arc System Works fan and huge a fighting game enthusiast. The gameplay looks slow and not a fan of the Unreal Engine, but can't wait to see future gameplay and where the direction will go from this. I don't care which engine they use just as long as the gameplay will be fast and fun, and I have faith that ArcSys will deliver on that factor.

My mind is going a mile a minute right now. Best news I've heard all day.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:52   Link #9
Shadow5YA

Quote:
That's nice and all but we're talking about this game, not DmC or Gears of War or whatever the hell you want to bring up now. I fail to see the point of bitching about the Unreal engine when it doesn't even look like a typical UE game.

Guilty Gears back and your first reaction is to bitch about the graphics engine, lmao.
And this game is exactly what I'm discussing. I don't like how it looks or the engine that runs it.

What the hell do you want me to discuss with nothing but a trailer? It's not like we can suddenly talk about the gameplay.

Jesus... just because I say something not entirely sunshine and rainbows and you get on my case. What's next, are you going to berate this guy too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I'm truly hyped for this being a dediced Arc System Works fan and huge a fighting game enthusiast. The gameplay looks slow and not a fan of the Unreal Engine, but can't wait to see future gameplay and where the direction will go from this. I don't care which engine they use just as long as the gameplay will be fast and fun, and I have faith that ArcSys will deliver on that factor.
This is the same as what I said.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:53   Link #10
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Our prayers have finally been answered!

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 09:00   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
And this game is exactly what I'm discussing. I don't like how it looks or the engine that runs it.
No it was not, you bring up DmC, MK9 and Injustice looking like Unreal Engine games, don't bullshit me that this does as well.

Quote:
What the hell do you want me to discuss with nothing but a trailer? It's not like we can suddenly talk about the gameplay.
Yes, that's why thousand and thousands of pages of discussions are caused by trailers like the one we just watched. You think people are going to talk about gameplay on gamefaqs and everywhere else when the next Smash Bros trailer hits?

Quote:
Jesus... just because I say something not entirely sunshine and rainbows and you get on my case. What's next, are you going to berate this guy too?

No, nowhere near the same at all, lol. Don't try and attach your shit post to his one.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:08   Link #12
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
By the time you posted your comment I was too busy finishing mine, so sorry if our thoughts were similar, but our views are different. As for me, regardless of whatever engine being used I'm being optimistic on how things will turn out. It's still the first trailer and things will most likely change as time develops, and we can't really base full judgement on something with little gameplay and information available at this time.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:14   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm guys, can we all just calm down?

We haven't even cross the first page yet and the air around here is already tense
Old 2013-05-19, 09:15   Link #14
Rayneing
Trombe!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Too awesome. Those models are beyond amazing.

Not really a fan of the sudden camera angle change every time someone lands a Dust, though.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:19   Link #15
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Ky looks really cool not going to lie. ArcSys are really going all out on this one.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:20   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Not really a fan of the sudden camera angle change every time someone lands a Dust, though.
That might just be for the trailer.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:22   Link #17
Shadow5YA

Quote:
No it was not, you bring up DmC, MK9 and Injustice looking like Unreal Engine games, don't bullshit me that this does as well.
The point was that I can tell which game uses what engine with you having to tell me.

The engine does not go so well with fast paced games in my opinion, and the ones I listed are just examples. I also said I'm more than willing to see this game prove otherwise.

And then you come in and tell me what I know or don't know, and what I think?

Quote:
Yes, that's why thousand and thousands of pages of discussions are caused by trailers like the one we just watched. You think people are going to talk about gameplay on gamefaqs and everywhere else when the next Smash Bros trailer hits?
When people see a trailer, they talk about whether it looks good or not until more information is provided, or they talk about whether it will be similar to past installments in the series.

All I say is that it looks iffy based on what I see but I'm still going to give it a chance unconditionally because it's Guilty Gear. If that bothers you, then it's your problem, not mine.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:23   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

Someone on GAF posted this comparison pic for Guilty Gear.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Yeah I wasn't a fan of that either, it's obviously their "look, we're 3D!" move, kinda takes you out a bit like the launchers in SFxTK. But I guess we'll get used to it.

Quote:
The point was that I can tell which game uses what engine with you having to tell me.

The engine does not go so well with fast paced games in my opinion, and the ones I listed are just examples. I also said I'm more than willing to see this game prove otherwise.

And then you come in and tell me what I know or don't know, and what I think?
Sigh, reading comprehension, what is it?

You - Eh... not a fan of Unreal Engine, but it's still Guilty Gear so who cares (You're talking about this game!)
Me - If they didn't say it was the Unreal engine I highly doubt you or anyone would know it was, so it's a moot point, and besides they've managed to animate 3d characters like a 2d fighting games, so obviously it worked out well for them. (I'm talking about this game!)
You - I think I notice it on games games MK9, Injustice, and DmC fine without anyone telling me, thank you. (You're talking about other games and getting butthurt because I told you can't recognize the Unreal Engine, completely missing the point)

I'm done.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:30   Link #19
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:

Yeah I wasn't a fan of that either, it's obviously their "look, we're 3D!" move, kinda takes you out a bit like the launchers in SFxTK. But I guess we'll get used to it.
I feel that way, but I hope that they'll make it so that you'd be able to pull off many neat things with the Dust Attack in this one. The AoA mechanic from P4A is another example to this.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:39   Link #20
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I feel that way, but I hope that they'll make it so that you'd be able to pull off many neat things with the Dust Attack in this one. The AoA mechanic from P4A is another example to this.
Who in a match have ever used a ground Dust attack? I always thought of them as pretty useless from X onward.

Still, the announcement is a great news and it makes this Sunday the best ever, with the newest announcement for Touhou.