AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-15, 16:13   Link #941
mikethepokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
She go with caeser because Mitsu didn't confess and take her to first base.
Maybe but who knows
mikethepokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 16:29   Link #942
Zakoo

It became very good recently, the beginning were hard but it's something enjoyable to see now.
The revengence of Hannibal will be harsh, I hope Jeanne won't suffer too much from her hands.

On a side note, japanese speaking french is -as ever- priceless.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 16:31   Link #943
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
The revengence of Hannibal will be harsh, I hope Jeanne won't suffer too much from her hands.
She won't, given that Hannibal is kind of dead. Now Cesare Borgia and Machiavelli... how they'll treat her is another question.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 16:34   Link #944
Zakoo

I wondered why you said that, so I went watch it again.

Dat after ending, I never watch them, rolf. Perfect I didn't like those two, Caesar is the true winner here.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:50   Link #945
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
She won't, given that Hannibal is kind of dead. Now Cesare Borgia and Machiavelli... how they'll treat her is another question.
It's Cesare Borgia and Machiavelli, it won't end well.

Have just seen the episode. Uesugi Kenshi's entrances was sufficiently boss.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 02:41   Link #946
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It's Cesare Borgia and Machiavelli, it won't end well.
Well yeah, the preview doesn't really seem all joy and happiness for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Uesugi Kenshi's entrances was sufficiently boss.
He was badass. Come in, slaughter the enemy without blinking or breaking a sweat, win the battle.

Really, I know Nobunaga is the main character and all, but so far all the main enemy commanders are more charismatic and badass than him...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2014-04-16 at 04:13.
Old 2014-04-16, 06:58   Link #947
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I've been following this series for day one, if only because of truly wacky premise, and King Arthur being presumably a villain (c'mon, how often do you see that?)

That said...

>Remembers when Caesar was introduced as selfish, unrepentant narcissist, who casually backstabs his allies and gives heroes a run for their money.

"Ohhh, this will be good.

>Just watched this episode
>Good cake guy Caesar
>Backstabs his bros to steal waifus even harder
>Brings Kenshin to the party
>Crubstomp ensues.

I practically squee'd. Never before was I more glad to be a European than today.

And next week, fem!Machiavelli of all people...my nose, it's already bleeding.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:26   Link #948
kuromitsu

You left out the part where he also curbstomped Mitsuhide poor Mitsu, he's like "damn him, he just won our pissing contest by a mile, how am I ever going to top this???"

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2014-04-16 at 11:24. Reason: i know english i really do
Old 2014-04-17, 02:15   Link #949
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Basically this ep Caesar and Uesugi stole the show, end of story. Goddamn, no wonder Nobu had trouble against Takeda Shingen.

...Also, it really looks like The Fool is just a customised version of the standard grunt mecha the West use. Maybe like a Hazel or a Blue Destiny to the normal GM Quell or GM.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 22:24   Link #950
RoboMambo

Kinda late to this episode, but this one was the best so far.

Caesar being smooth and a gentleman, and saving the day for LOVE. Kenshin being cool in that terrific mecha (I love the halo).

Nobu and company get curbstomped. I guess in the end, they were only mid tier.

Mitsu gestures are like a running joke by now.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 02:46   Link #951
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, initially I was not a fan of Caesar. I thought he’s just a poor man’s Char Aznable-clone. All of his actions in earlier episodes are predictable and cliched. And when he did does the unpredictable, it’s actually pretty stupid. By that I meant the episode where he fell for Nobunaga’s simple one-two attack trick in that 3-to-1 battle and dumb enough not to realize the limitation of his own weapon (being a general and all) and had to be saved by the Dragon energy Deus-ex-Machina to survive. I gave up on his character after that. But then the Tea Ceremony-episode happened and all the reasonable discussion with Oda made his character more interesting than before. And this episode made him even more interesting. Betraying Arthur openly is indeed a risky move and I didn’t know he’ll go that far for Ichi. I guess he really is into her (and I guess I also underestimated both Caesar's resolve and his love for Ichi). Caesar making a cake just to see Ichi smile instead of forcing himself on Ichi that night (as a husband) is indeed sweet and I actually didn’t really see that coming given his “pushy” characteristic in earlier episodes. Now, I can safely say that watching Caesar’s actions and how he ended is one of the biggest reasons I still follow this series (watching Mitsu & Ichi is my other reason). Still didn’t care that much about Nobu and Jeanne, but their characters received more fleshing out during and after the Tea Ceremony-episode which I like (and want more).
Old 2014-04-18, 03:58   Link #952
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And when he did does the unpredictable, it’s actually pretty stupid. By that I meant the episode where he fell for Nobunaga’s simple one-two attack trick in that 3-to-1 battle and dumb enough not to realize the limitation of his own weapon (being a general and all) and had to be saved by the Dragon energy Deus-ex-Machina to survive.
It's not that he didn't realize the limitations of his own weapon, he simply didn't count on Himiko's ship draining the energy away. His surprise wasn't over the cannon needing to recharge, it was over it recharging a lot slower than it should have.

By the way, that part was where he made the jump into one of my favorites. :3 The villain pulling the HEROIC POWER-UP THROUGH SHEER WILLPOWER thing that's usually reserved for the heroes, and actually getting the power-up, overpowering the good guys and winning the battle - that's not the kind of thing I see often.

And the tea ceremony with him going out of his way to stay in seiza and be polite and respectful (as much as he can manage, anyway), and the way he turned the tables on Nobunaga, how he brazenly asked for Ichi's hand, etc. etc... Episode 14 with the romance, the cake and saving the day in the coolest way ever was the cherry on the top.
Old 2014-04-18, 05:17   Link #953
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It's not that he didn't realize the limitations of his own weapon, he simply didn't count on Himiko's ship draining the energy away. His surprise wasn't over the cannon needing to recharge, it was over it recharging a lot slower than it should have.

By the way, that part was where he made the jump into one of my favorites. :3 The villain pulling the HEROIC POWER-UP THROUGH SHEER WILLPOWER thing that's usually reserved for the heroes, and actually getting the power-up, overpowering the good guys and winning the battle - that's not the kind of thing I see often.
That’s the thing. After the battle in Takamagahara, if Caesar is actually a good general, he should’ve known that Nobu’s faction has a means to manipulate ley lines (even if he doesn’t know a thing about the Quantum Condenser) especially after receiving full report from Brutus who actually fought during the raid. But Caesar doesn’t even seem to realize it or just brush it off even though his trump card weapon really depends on ley lines (hence limitation). He should’ve had a backup plan in case his lance didn’t work, but no, he pulled a “heroic power up” instead like a shonen MC.
Old 2014-04-18, 18:36   Link #954
Destined_Fate

Started watching this and it's "really" good!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:26   Link #955
dragon1412

Guys, when will this show change it's name to Caesar: the lover.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:35   Link #956
Frontier

I would totally watch that !

I like the new opening, partly because it's by JAM Project, and partly because it doesn't just completely reuse animation like the second openings of Satelight mecha shows tend to do .

The new ending doesn't quite live up to "Axis" for me, but I do quite like the art style of it.

If you've ever wanted to hear Kaito Ishikawa speak Gratuitous French or Mamoru Miyano flub any English that's not "The Fool," then Nobunaga The Fool is pretty great in that regard .

Hannibal and Charlemagne were pretty effective antagonists in this episode, with some deadly and well-designed War Armors, which made their deaths at the end all the more shocking. I definitely wasn't expecting that. Still, Charlemagne went out in a cool way, and at least now he'll be reunited with Hannibal. Though I have to wonder... were they actually incestuous twins or just a pair of twisted lovers who were referred to as twins ?

I also have to echo the opinions about Ceasar. I never expected he'd turn out to be such an awesome and enjoyable character. He doesn't force himself on Ichihime after their marriage, and even bakes for her so she'll smile. The guy even sets aside his loyalty to his own Star and King for the sake of love. Setting aside his messed up sense of honor that he got from the West Star, Caesar's a pretty great guy .

I feel bad for Mitsu, but he partially has himself to blame for this current situation. Though while he would probably never admit it, he's not that different from Caesar. Especially considering how they both have eyes for Ichihime and have killed a member of her family for political reasons. Though a big difference between them is how Caesar is completely upfront about his feelings, which could be the deciding factor in shifting Ichi's affections for Mitsu to him.

Kenshin's entrance, and the Visra, was also pretty awesome. I guess Kenshin would rather fend off dishonorable interlopers from the West Star than fight Nobunaga. Though I wonder if Nobu will have to settle things with him before he goes after Jeanne?

As for Nobunaga... well, The Fool is still an awesome looking mecha so he at least has that going for him .

Poor Jeanne though... while it didn't work out, I have to respect how she stood up against Nobunaga to prevent him from becoming the Destroyer-King. Both that and her giving him her Regalia just goes to show how much faith and loyalty she has in him. Though I'm not sure if Nobu's really proven to be worthy of such loyalty, especially when a part of me wonders if he even remembers that Jeanne's name isn't Ranmaru .

At least with Jeanne finally back on the Star of the West, she's more likely to wind up back in her armor and Nobunaga now has a more pressing motivation to go and confront Arthur. Still, with Cesare and Machiavelli using her for some goal, things are probably going to get really tough for Jeanne before they get better .
Old 2014-04-19, 00:07   Link #957
Darthtabby

This is one of those episodes were there wasn't anything particularly wrong on a basic conceptual level (well okay I think the re-imagining of Charlemange may have gone a bit far ) but it feels like it could have been better executed. I seem to remember episodes three to five were like that as well.

One of the things that may have particularly distressed Jeanne about Nobunaga's action towards the hostage is that he was using fire. Also, anyone think this trip back to the West is going to somehow lead to her finally getting that enormous sword she was carrying in the first OP? It is a western style sword.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 01:48   Link #958
kuromitsu

Quote:
That’s the thing. After the battle in Takamagahara, if Caesar is actually a good general, he should’ve known that Nobu’s faction has a means to manipulate ley lines (even if he doesn’t know a thing about the Quantum Condenser) especially after receiving full report from Brutus who actually fought during the raid.
Not necessarily. I can't rewatch the episode right now, but I don't think anyone realized that the energy lines were manipulated by Nobunaga & Co, they were all like "omg wtf how can this be?"... No-one on the Western side made the connection between Himiko's ship and the energy. And Brutus' fight never involved the energy lines, his enemy was only Hideyoshi.

Also, if Caesar had known about it he wouldn't have gotten to the point of getting that awesome powerup scene, so yeah, I'm not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Guys, when will this show change it's name to Caesar: the lover.
Oh my god, I'd love to watch that. Caesar riding around Planet East in his awesome white mecha, fighting various enemies, charming all the ladies with his awesome Western sweets, but of course he has eyes for only one girl: the beautiful, noble Lady Ichi who pines after him but is held captive by his bumbling, stupid brother, at the instigation of Mitsuhide, the Jelly Monster. Can Caesar save her and be happy with her forever?!

(Written and directed by Julius Caesar, shot by a very embarrassed Brutus. )

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2014-04-19 at 02:41. Reason: typo
Old 2014-04-19, 04:40   Link #959
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Not necessarily. I can't rewatch the episode right now, but I don't think anyone realized that the energy lines were manipulated by Nobunaga & Co, they were all like "omg wtf how can this be?"... No-one on the Western side made the connection between Himiko's ship and the energy. And Brutus' fight never involved the energy lines, his enemy was only Hideyoshi.

Also, if Caesar had known about it he wouldn't have gotten to the point of getting that awesome powerup scene, so yeah, I'm not complaining.
Actually, the clue is quite obvious. War Armors can’t be used in Takamagahara due to Ley line turbulence. For anyone who wants to use War Armors there, he/she/they must manipulate the ley lines and make the turbulence calm (It’s more or less stated by DaVinci himself in that episode) which those tower operators should know better than anyone, and include it in the report for either Brutus or Caesar. The fact than Nobu’s troops were able to operate their War Armors during Takamagahara raid is one big clue that ley line manipulation is involved and the fact that the perpetrator of the raid is the first one who instantly took advantage of it gave another big clue that the manipulation is somehow their doing. Someone just need to put two and two together to come with that conclusion even without Sherlock’s deductive skill. So it can be either the operator or Brutus’ fault for not even trying to figure it out before reporting to Caesar, or it's Caesar’s fault for not thinking much about how both the enemy & Brutus can operate the War Armor in Takamagahara to begin with. It can also be both, which makes it even more stupid (or the writer of this show just choose to ignore that plot point so that Caesar can have his big shonen moment ).
Old 2014-04-20, 15:52   Link #960
kuromitsu

Episode 15 - um. This episode was... well.

Yes, it was an okay character episode for Jeanne, but... look, I don't expect Dostoyevsky here, and I'm willing to forgive a lot to a show that so obviously runs on "anything is fine as long as it looks cool!" but come on writers, put some effort into your work!

Random observations:
1) Being Jeanne really sucks.

2) I know Nobu is the hero and everything, but nope, I still don't feel him. We're supposed to think he's really awesome and cool, even though he has zero charisma, and we STILL haven't seen any real indication of what makes him so special other than people saying that he is. The part where he defeated Machiavelli's people with his awesome archery skills made me roll my eyes so hard.

3) Related to the above, it's kind of hilarious how suddenly it's Nobunaga who defeated Hannibal and Charlemagne with his awesome power. It's not like he was kneeling on the ground defeated, while Caesar and Kenshin saved the day... come to think of it, where's Kenshin? My guess is that they left him at home because he's too badass and would've stolen everyone's thunder.

4) I know the story was rushed this time, but this is something I found weird before: just how on earth is Caesar OK with playing second, no, third fiddle to Nobunaga? Never mind that this is totally against what we've seen of his personality so far, but right now they're on his (and Leonardo's) home planet, dealing with enemy that he knows better than anyone on that ship. He should be all "FOLLOW MY LEAD, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING" or something. But no, he's quiet and obedient, and apparently lets Nobu & Co. boss him around. (Ichi totally has him whipped. XD)

5) So after Hannibal & Charlemagne we have another pair of degenerate sickos. I expected more of Cesare, but Machiavelli was at least amusing with her plans-within-plans, also her completely random leg licking. And that "ha??" when Jeanne refused her offer was hilarious. Oh well, at least both Cesare and Machiavelli live so they're something to look foward to.

6) Really, are Alexander and Gupta the only sane(-seeming) members of the Round Table?

7) NOT ENOUGH CAESAR. GIVE ME MORE CAESAR. And more Caesar and Ichi interaction, don't tell me last episode was all we get of these two until one of them dies!

8) So Nobu had a vision of Honnouji burning. Well well.

9) Those dragonhorses are so weird. Why do they look like they're semi-aquatic? (Come to think of it, how comes that the planets apparently share the same flora&fauna?)

Quote:
Actually, the clue is quite obvious. War Armors can’t be used in Takamagahara due to Ley line turbulence. For anyone who wants to use War Armors there, he/she/they must manipulate the ley lines and make the turbulence calm (It’s more or less stated by DaVinci himself in that episode) which those tower operators should know better than anyone, and include it in the report for either Brutus or Caesar.
Perhaps, but I think this is one of those "don't think too deeply about it" things. The energy turbulence was only important insofar as otherwise Nobu would've just waltzed in with The Fool and Hideyoshi would've never gotten his moment in the spotlight (nor his mech), and I don't think we're supposed to care any further. I mean, they clearly stated that Leonardo's machine manipulated the lines to the advantage of Nobu & Co. - in this case how was Brutus able to fight with no problems and even dominate the fight until Hideyoshi powered up? Yeah.

Tags
bishonen, mecha