AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 23:44   Link #181
Kakkou
Tch.

Cecil confirmed to be a cheater using magic to write his lyrics.

That "la la la la" scene with all the shiny hearts and shit was hilarious. Moreso since they were apparently visible? lmao. Good ol' UtaPri. Still, I don't like the whole "Oh mah gawd Cecil is the one thing we're missing. Cecil makes everything perfect" schtick. So forced and feels really sue-ish. Actually I don't like how they've been handling Cecil's character and his inclusion into STARISH at all. It's like a really bad teenager's fanfic with their OC. Thankfully UtaPri is something to be enjoyed without being taken seriously, else I would've prob hated this week's episode and be a lot more irritated with the writers sledgehammering Cecil into the story
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 00:09   Link #182
akire_and_atem

Oh god I enjoyed this episode a ton!
Went all "kya kya" several times LOL; and I really liked the way others "grew up" in character: Ren talking about teamwork and Masato laughing (!!)... it became awkward after some seconds but thankfully they all joined in on the fun ^^Uuuu

Didn't like that Cecil this season is what Tokiya was in last, kinda unoriginal but oh well I was kinda expecting it...

Overall I like it!!!! and I want a Maji Love 3000% soon!!!, this time let's focus on the senpai and Kaoru and the teachers and_____... please!!!!! <3 (and don't make me wait that many years please ORZ)

P.S.: sorry if I sound all over the place with my comment...but I'm very excited!!!
Old 2013-05-23, 03:55   Link #183
kuromitsu

Haruka, why so moe.... >o<)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This episode was cuter than I expected from a Cecil ep, but the highlight was the lalala~ the sparkle explosion and the post-orgasmic aftermath. XDDD Loved the shot of Reichan & Co. just staring at them, and then the little heart floating toward them. XD Classic UtaPri moment.

And yes, Cecil is a dirty cheater. XD;;

I wonder how the senpai are going to figure into the story, perhaps they're the mysterious rivals who will compete with STARISH for the UtaPri award?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Still, I don't like the whole "Oh mah gawd Cecil is the one thing we're missing. Cecil makes everything perfect" schtick. So forced and feels really sue-ish. Actually I don't like how they've been handling Cecil's character and his inclusion into STARISH at all. It's like a really bad teenager's fanfic with their OC. Thankfully UtaPri is something to be enjoyed without being taken seriously, else I would've prob hated this week's episode and be a lot more irritated with the writers sledgehammering Cecil into the story
Yeah, at this point Cecil is a total Sue. Tokiya was pretty bad last season, but even he wasn't this bad and blatantly Sue-ish, and we're not even at the angsty part of the story. Personally I wouldn't even have minded the whole "oh, it's you who we were missing" etc. in this episode, but it kind of tops a chain of "Cecil is the most speshul thing ever", I mean really, even when he's ordered to go back home it's not because "a member of a royal family shouldn't shake his butt for screaming girls" or anything, it's because he's going to be a ~king~! Oh well, as you said, it's UtaPri. XD;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
Overall I like it!!!! and I want a Maji Love 3000% soon!!!, this time let's focus on the senpai and Kaoru and the teachers and_____... please!!!!! <3 (and don't make me wait that many years please ORZ)
If there's ever a 3000% I want it to keep focusing on the princes. >_< (Kaoru can come.) I'm in this for them, but the senpai have almost completely taken over, in the latest game the "Rainbow route" is just an afterthought (you can only play it if you've cleared all senpai and both teachers, all guys' routes follow the same story for most of the time, and it's very short... people say it's very sweet, though). So more princes, less senpai for me!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 10:04   Link #184
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
the highlight was the lalala~ the sparkle explosion and the post-orgasmic aftermath. XDDD Loved the shot of Reichan & Co. just staring at them, and then the little heart floating toward them. XD Classic UtaPri moment.
I love your description of the scene

I didn't find it as enjoyable as previous episodes, like previous comments said the way they're handling Cecil as the ultimate idol isn't really great but I wasn't bored either.

The best is how Haruka seems to ignore people confessing to her, 2 of them already told her "I love you" and she doesn't give a f*ck

I wouldn't mind a season with the senpais except Ranmaru because he annoys me with his attitude. I mean Camus is awesome (best route of All Star imo), Ai has some good moments and Reiji because maracas.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:40   Link #185
ookamigirl

Resort facility. Fishing part was nice.
Ichinose was a wet blanket most of the time.
Everyone was doing their own thing this time.
Haruka is always the busiest. Always writing new songs.
Cecil's feeling poured out. He's the braves of them all.
Well, at least he finally decided to become an idol.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:55   Link #186
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
The best is how Haruka seems to ignore people confessing to her, 2 of them already told her "I love you" and she doesn't give a f*ck
Maybe she's lesbian and has a crush on Tomochan. Her standard reaction to the boys trying to get anything across to her is "uh, er, I... @_@)" so maybe she's just trying to tell them that their efforts are totally wasted on her. (OK, probably not. XD;; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Ichinose was a wet blanket most of the time.
Tokiya is a wet blanket most of the time. In this ep it was hilarious how first he had to be talked into having fun, then according to the stills he did the whole "ahahaha ^o^) I'm playing in the water! ufufu ^o^)" thing, and then walked off looking like "I just had fun, it was awful. ಠ_ಠ)"
Old 2013-05-23, 14:13   Link #187
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post

I wouldn't mind a season with the senpais except Ranmaru because he annoys me with his attitude. I mean Camus is awesome (best route of All Star imo), Ai has some good moments and Reiji because maracas.
Ahahaha you beat me to it ^^U
Yes, it's amazing how all of her love confessions go to the tangent and we never get a straight answer (only one missing, her Hayato-sama/Tokii and I hope I see her more in-love D:<!)

Ren: "I'll wait 'till you become an adult" Haruka:*gazes over*
Otoyan: "Nanami I... I" H: *does NOT get the hint*
Sakkun: *about to kiss her TWICE!!* H: *thinks nothing of it*
Cecil: "I REALLY REALLY like you" H: "I want you to become an idol! ^^"

... avsvagajsg SERIOUSLY?! >< this makes me more and more suspicious with her relationship towards Tomo-chan >____>Uuuu (Surprisingly, I wouldn't mind a GL route ^_^)

Give Ranran a chance!! :3 <3 he's sweet and manly <3
Old 2013-05-23, 14:29   Link #188
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

LOL. It's so true...Haruka has her pick of basically all of the Fish, including two who have had flat out said that they were in love with her and one who can't make up his mind and Haruka's all...0____0

You know, if this was any other series, I'd probably would HATE Cecil for taking up facetime....but I can't hate the Cat Even if this episode kind of sucked compared to other episodes...though the sparkly hearts and shit was LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And I say this as someone who generally likes Cat Boy. He and NatSatSuki are my faves.

Better than Natsuki's epi last week, but not as fabulous and manly and camp as Ren's burning song of Nekkidness/RenBro slamming the CD like a boss.
Old 2013-05-29, 15:03   Link #189
kuromitsu

Ep 9:
Aaand this is why UtaPri should leave the drama to fanfics and doujinshi.

Blah blah blah Cecil is so special, blah blah blah drama drama blah blah blah he's back, nobody ever expected this blah blah blah....

I had to giggle at Otoya's "it's like I found a brother", oh Otoya, if you only knew. (I hope he'll never know, though.)

Shining and the song sequence saved the episode, though, the latter was hilarious in good old UtaPri fashion. XDDD 1000% had nothing on this. XDDD

As for the rival band, I'm sure of two things:
-Broccoli is testing the waters for some new characters (since the senpai initially received a less than warm welcome)
-They'll try to recruit Tokiya into their band.
Old 2013-05-29, 15:48   Link #190
Bern-san

I honestly found myself skipping parts of the episode because the Cecil drama didn't interest me.
At least Shining came to scene and had the orgasmic experience again.

I was honestly laughing when I saw the rival group with that generic band name. Let's see what do they offer.

Broccoli I know you're going to make a game about them after the season is over and milk the franchise even more. At least in October we have Kamigami no Asobi
Old 2013-05-29, 16:38   Link #191
LKK

I didn't expect Cecil back in this episode. I thought he'd be out until at least the next episode in order to draw out the drama even more.

Wow. And I thought the last episode overdosed on the shoujo sparklies. Obviously I underestimated the animators.

Finally, I have to admit that I giggle like a school girl every time I hear whoever it is sing "I want you. H." Cheeky and to the point, isn't he?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 16:47   Link #192
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Finally, I have to admit that I giggle like a school girl every time I hear whoever it is sing "I want you. H." Cheeky and to the point, isn't he?
I always LOL because everyone else sounds and moves sexy.... and then there's Masato haha
Old 2013-05-29, 17:34   Link #193
mistress_kisara

Pffftt...HEAVENS LOL I think this and Valvrave are the only shows that I could accept the ridiculous!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 19:18   Link #194
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
I always LOL because everyone else sounds and moves sexy.... and then there's Masato haha
I'll take Masato over Mr. 'I'M GOING TO BANG YOU WHEN YOU GET OLDER' anyday....
Old 2013-05-29, 20:55   Link #195
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Just finished episode 9

Thanks UtaPri. I kinda hate Cecil now.... WOW...talk about a total Gary Stu...

Spoiler:

So now we got a new group on the horizon: Heavens. I"m guessing that if UtaPri gets a third season, these guys are going to show up instead of the Senpais.

Are the Senpais not bishie enough or something?
Old 2013-05-29, 21:42   Link #196
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Are the Senpais not bishie enough or something?
Maybe they're not likeable enough? I, for one, haven't warmed up to them yet. Their superior air rankles.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 00:05   Link #197
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Maybe they're not likeable enough? I, for one, haven't warmed up to them yet. Their superior air rankles.
But it's mostly because they haven't had enough screen time ;___;
Old 2013-05-30, 00:08   Link #198
Kakkou
Tch.

"We can't sing this song unless the seven of us are together" YES YOU CAN, fuck Cecil (with something hard and sand papery). You were fine without him.

Most of the first half of this week's episode was insufferable and utterly unlikeable thanks to all the Cecil Sue being shoved down our throats. I'm maji 2000% unamused by his shit right now I couldn't even laugh when he parachuted down.

Thankfully as always, everything became better once SHINING SAOTOME arrived and the usual shenanigans began and saved the episode. I hope HEAVENS will have a few speaking lines and at least one song. I'm curious about them now especially the blonde on the right.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 06:04   Link #199
ookamigirl

This time Cecil's dream got sidetracked.
It was sad since it happened right after he decided to become an idol.
Looks like even the guys missed him.
At least Haruka got a nice incentive to write a new song.
Well, it was nice he returned so soon, kinda expected though.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 06:16   Link #200
kuromitsu

I just hope that whatever the next conflict will be (my bet: the HEAVENS guys trying to recruit Tokiya, he still hasn't had his episode and going by the OP he's still supposed to be the "main boy" so has to have some big drama) Cecil is not going to be the one to save the day with his ~MAGIC~ or ~STU POWERS~ or whatever...

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo