AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-25, 10:32   Link #721
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I've played with many chess sets and I've never seen a set like it is used in Code Geass.
I do like the designs though.

I have a feeling you are making that one up. The Queen piece looks nothing like C.C. Not to mention the King piece doesn't look like Lelouch. The King piece looks like it's peaked with a crown.

I also would of thought the designers would be CLAMP and that's an all female design team, from what I hear.
I mis worded its from the extra books that come with the DVD's but no I am not making it up. Below I jotted down what they said in the DVD magazine. Besides why would I make it up?

Spoiler for Quote from CG DVD book volume 3:
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:28   Link #722
Kusaja

I don't really see the big deal there, because they can both be classified as Queens, just in a different sense.

The chess piece was designed after C.C., and that is logical considering her status as an accomplice to both Lelouch and Zero, but Kallen is still Q1 in battle and the chess theme most directly applies in that context, so there is more than one symbolic meaning.

But well, that's just how I see it.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:30   Link #723
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I don't really see the big deal there, because they can both be classified as Queens, just in a different sense.

The chess piece was designed after C.C., and that is logical considering her status as an accomplice to both Lelouch and Zero, but Kallen is still Q1 in battle and the chess theme most directly applies there, so there is more than one symbol.

But if they designed the queen and king pieces after C.C. and Lelouch officially they IMO intended for LXC
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:48   Link #724
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Please remember the purpose of this thread. We have no objection if you wish to discuss the relevance of chess pieces to CG but this thread isn't the place to do it. It is for specific CG merchandise, not about wish-lists or "what if" scenarios.

Due to this recent posts have been removed, Infractions will now be issued for those who dragged the thread off-topic.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:53   Link #725
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post

The chess piece was designed after C.C., and that is logical considering her status as an accomplice to both Lelouch and Zero, but Kallen is still Q1 in battle and the chess theme most directly applies in that context, so there is more than one symbolic meaning.

I just don't think the pieces even slightly look like any of the characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Please remember the purpose of this thread. We have no objection if you wish to discuss the relevance of chess pieces to CG but this thread isn't the place to do it. It is for specific CG merchandise, not about wish-lists or "what if" scenarios.

Due to this recent posts have been removed, Infractions will now be issued for those who dragged the thread off-topic.
I understand. I'm not trying to argue the relevance of the game to the characters. I'm talking about how the pieces appear. The chess pieces could become merchandise of the series.
I wasn't aware we could only talk about merchandise that actually existed.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-09-25 at 14:05.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:53   Link #726
Isegrim

Code Geass R2 DVD Volume 2

Contains the "rag" and a booklet with character information. No further giveaways.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:13   Link #727
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

You know guys what would be cool if they DID??

A ZERO FIGMA. With the whole suit and mask, but also interchangeable head parts for:

Spoiler for characters:

Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:24   Link #728
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Upcoming Action Figs (sry can't extract the pics)
Spoiler for Knightmare Frames:

Last edited by Sprite_Coke; 2008-09-28 at 17:59.
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:15   Link #729
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

anyone know if there are any other websites selling this:
http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=4828

it's sold out at toyslogic. =_=''
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:20   Link #730
LordJedi

Does the dvd #2 of R2 come with a picture drama?
LordJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 20:51   Link #731
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJedi View Post
Does the dvd #2 of R2 come with a picture drama?
Yes. This one is about Suzaku, Cecile, Gino and Anya. Cecile is anxious about Suzaku, as he faces pangs of remorse if the way he took is right. In the battlefield, they dig out a little girl, and Suzaku wants to use Lancelot to find her father. But then, the girl starts screaming and accuses the Knights of Rounds of murdering her family. This gets on Anya's nerves, so she shoots the girl, and Gino and Anya are like "so what?!", while Suzaku is like "what, you can't do this!".
Not really much new information, but Cecile is worrying about Suzaku like a mother, at least that's my impression.
Old 2008-09-30, 21:01   Link #732
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Damn, that's pretty brutal of Anya, though not terribly surprising.
Old 2008-10-01, 00:43   Link #733
plau

I think anya just lacks emotions in general...
plau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:01   Link #734
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Has there been any news what-so-ever on the releases of more bandai english DVD's?
Old 2008-10-01, 22:10   Link #735
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Has there been any news what-so-ever on the releases of more bandai english DVD's?
I saw a release date at Amazon for Code Geass LotR: Volume 3 in February 2009.
What I'm trying to find is when they could have a release for that first Nintendo DS RPG
Old 2008-10-01, 22:30   Link #736
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Quote:
I saw a release date at Amazon for Code Geass LotR: Volume 3 in February 2009.
What I'm trying to find is when they could have a release for that first Nintendo DS RPG
For a second I thought you meant Code Geass: Lord of the Rings and can you provide a link? I am not seeing at all.
Old 2008-10-01, 22:35   Link #737
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
For a second I thought you meant Code Geass: Lord of the Rings.
Yeah, I realized that myself after typing it. lol Have C.C. running around for pizza going "My precious.".

That seems like a long wait between the DVDs. The first two volumes are even out. It's nice the picture dramas are on the DVDs. I read you can also have commentaries on them.
What I love about DVDs are that if you want both English or Japanese dialog you can have both. During VHS era you could only choose one.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:34   Link #738
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, I realized that myself after typing it. lol Have C.C. running around for pizza going "My precious.".

That seems like a long wait between the DVDs. The first two volumes are even out. It's nice the picture dramas are on the DVDs. I read you can also have commentaries on them.
What I love about DVDs are that if you want both English or Japanese dialog you can have both. During VHS era you could only choose one.
There was a post on Kit-chans journal where she had the picture of Lelouch holding that pink sword during 23 when he was addressing the troops before the battle. The caption underneath read "Rise men of the west!" and then "FOR GONDOR!". After she noted how it would be pretty disturbing to have Lelouch as Aragon...I couldn't help but agree

The commentaries aren't all that great in my opinion but I like all the extras-the picture drama's are a great addition to the set. I just hope that two volumes will be coming in February that way I can get another special edition.
Old 2008-10-02, 00:09   Link #739
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
The commentaries aren't all that great in my opinion but I like all the extras-the picture drama's are a great addition to the set. I just hope that two volumes will be coming in February that way I can get another special edition.
I'm curious. How many episodes are on per disk? That's something the website I look up haven't been very clear about. The box set said the two disks go from episodes 1-9. On one disk is there four episodes and on another there are five?
Just strikes me as an odd number
Old 2008-10-02, 00:48   Link #740
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Quote:
I'm curious. How many episodes are on per disk? That's something the website I look up haven't been very clear about. The box set said the two disks go from episodes 1-9. On one disk is there four episodes and on another there are five?
Just strikes me as an odd number
That's because in Japan disk 1 was just simply episode 1. Bandai instead combined volumes 1 and 2 of the Japanese version. So technically volume 2 is actually volume's 3 equivalent in Japan.