AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 03:31   Link #2961
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
She is a young milf, there is nothing uncanny about that. She had Shu in her early 20s, she was around 27 in the picture seen at the end of episode 7 and now she is 37-38 in the current time (2039). Also remember that japanese do look much younger than their real age (even more in anime).
Has it really been announced that she's his real mom? I cannot tell from the subtitles.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 03:44   Link #2962
EroKing

It's hard to tell at this point as there can be some twist later in the series revealing she isn't.
Till now though anime has pretty much been indicating she really is his mom.
Old 2011-12-06, 12:56   Link #2963
SagaraSouske

A pretty good cosplay of Inori

http://theotakukid.com/2011/12/yuzur...y-by-k-miyuko/
Old 2011-12-06, 13:14   Link #2964
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I know where you're looking Mr. Robot.... Now pay up some pictures for the fans you created with that picture of Inori like that.
How is that NSFW?

Her regular battle outfit is almost as revealing as that.

This is as bad as the time when my class had to write an essay on "Should Donald Duck wear pants?"
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 15:43   Link #2965
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
How is that NSFW?

Her regular battle outfit is almost as revealing as that.

This is as bad as the time when my class had to write an essay on "Should Donald Duck wear pants?"
The panty shot. You don't want a passing employee seeing you staring at a picture that exposes this. Inori's battle outfit doesn't reveal that part so it doesn't count.
Old 2011-12-06, 16:19   Link #2966
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Heard the full version of Euterpe. It's really lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
I love it from the head down to about her torso... the sparkly parts and those shoes are a big turn off. :/ But it's a bit higher quality that other Inori cosplays I've seen so far, so she gets points for that.
Old 2011-12-06, 16:55   Link #2967
Soji

Really beautiful both the cosplay and the fan art. Too bad for now Inori does not have a character that reflects her beauty or voice when she sing.Anyway since we are close to the next episode ,I have a question that came to me thanks the preview.We saw that the crystals that form when Shu pulls out a void and the crystals that are formed on the bodies of the victims of the apocalyptic viruses are similar(if not the same). So my question is what will happen if Shu try to draw out a void from a victim of apocalypctic viruses that already show the Symptoms (the crystals on his/her body) ?I'm curious to see what you think about this.After all, if we're lucky maybe we will see a similar scene in the next episode.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 21:29   Link #2968
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That's a fantastic Inori cosplay. So much so that it's renewed my appreciation for why she's so stunning visually.

Seeing the live-action version of that outfit, I'm struck by how much it's like a superhero costume or a pro wrestler costume. In fact, the me of 10-to-15 years ago would have instantly thought that this was a female Japanese pro wrestler if someone had showed me those cosplay pics without putting them in context. I wonder if Inori's character design was inspired by pro wrestling, as I know that's fairly big in Japan.

Anyway, the only thing I dislike about this particular Inori cosplay is the sparkling red super-high heels. That looks a bit cheap, not to mention really impractical. Still, the rest of the costume looks gorgeous here, and it just needs better footwear to go with it.
Old 2011-12-07, 00:53   Link #2969
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well I think the time for me to tap out of this affair has finally come at last. I've given this show 2 months to at least somewhat improve and have been pretty generous in trying to find the humour in the comically inept writing and characterization, but the novelty has more or less worn off by this point and there's really just nothing I can see that justifies me watching this week to week anymore. Just really nothing interesting happening in this show anymore as it crawls along while barely maintaining the pretense of an overarching plot.

The one tease that may potentially prove mildly interesting has yet to be the focus of an episode and that's really the only thing I'm remotely interested in seeing from this show anymore now that I've had an ample dose of all the cute/hawt girls that seem to have become the sole focus of Guilty Crown of late. So yeah, that's it, I yield Guilty Crown, time for something else.

If I had to cite a specific last straw for me it's been the introduction and focus on the new female characters, specifically the mother one. In a show that counts Daryl Yan and American Dan among it's cast this Haruka character just manages to be the most cringingly dumb, pointless and annoying one yet. I don't know why it is that every character in this show has to be annoying and intolerable on some level, but this one was just one to many for me. It's like they are now actually in on the joke that the cast is hilariously awful beyond measure and it kind of ruins it for me when they just seem to be pushing out ridiculous character after ridiculous awful character just to fill what is starting to look like a bi-weekly quota. To quote Reinhard Von Lohengramm...."worthless pfft!".
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 01:27   Link #2970
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I honestly disagree. I still think the inept writing is hilarious, as this show keeps on finding new ways to make bad writing an art.

Okay, that's not the only reason I'm staying with this show. As bad as the show can be at deciding when to be entertainingly dumb (Dan Eagleman) and annoyingly dumb (Haruka), I'm still curious on just how this show is going to turn out. While I think the creators don't seem to realize that aiming for the teenage demographic isn't easier than aiming for the adult demographic, I'm still interested for the sole fact that I want to see what they envisioned as a "cutting-edge" anime. Sort of like Yamakan with Fractale. His vision was so off that it was almost hilarious.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 01:45   Link #2971
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I honestly disagree. I still think the inept writing is hilarious, as this show keeps on finding new ways to make bad writing an art.

Okay, that's not the only reason I'm staying with this show. As bad as the show can be at deciding when to be entertainingly dumb (Dan Eagleman) and annoyingly dumb (Haruka), I'm still curious on just how this show is going to turn out. While I think the creators don't seem to realize that aiming for the teenage demographic isn't easier than aiming for the adult demographic, I'm still interested for the sole fact that I want to see what they envisioned as a "cutting-edge" anime. Sort of like Yamakan with Fractale. His vision was so off that it was almost hilarious.
I don't know man, this latest one was a little too by the book on all friends. The plotline with the beach visit is pretty much every single shot/scene in the book from the frolicking in the surf to the breast fondling in the hot spring, the whole love triangle was eh cause all three characters involved are pretty blah, and to top it all off a lot of the things about the fight scene just don't add up to me like the part with Inori shooting a guards rifle out of his hands and then somehow kneeing him in the face when she should be quite a few yards away, but then after a pretty much impossible athletic feat she's back to running like a cutesy damsel in distress. It's like there's some even disconnect then I could possibly have imagined that runs from the head writer down to the storyboarder and then down to the animators themselves so that the left hand doesn't know what the other ones doing.

That said having come to this realization I can sort of see a reason to continue watching to see if I can pinpoint other instances of this possible disconnect and see where exactly it is. There also seem to be some issues with character depiction. Like for example how Kanon seemed like a stern no-nonsense authority like figure in her first appearance, but now apparently is fond of girls skin and frolicking on the beach. Not enough character development for her to have such a shift in portrayal I think.
Old 2011-12-07, 02:20   Link #2972
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
If I had to cite a specific last straw for me it's been the introduction and focus on the new female characters, specifically the mother one. In a show that counts Daryl Yan and American Dan among it's cast this Haruka character just manages to be the most cringingly dumb, pointless and annoying one yet. I don't know why it is that every character in this show has to be annoying and intolerable on some level, but this one was just one to many for me. It's like they are now actually in on the joke that the cast is hilariously awful beyond measure and it kind of ruins it for me when they just seem to be pushing out ridiculous character after ridiculous awful character just to fill what is starting to look like a bi-weekly quota. To quote Reinhard Von Lohengramm...."worthless pfft!".
Yea, the mother is probably the weakest character thus far (says a lot. ). Do we have a female character that's not a sex object here? Hmm... but in Haruka's case it's definitely the straw that broke the camel's back. The latest episode I would have definitely liked more had it not been for the opening scene.

I think sometimes the fanservice comes off as being creepy in the show. (If we're gonna do this, why not just go all the way and pull a Yosuga no Sora ) It's why I didn't mind the latest episode mostly (what episode are on again lol) because fanservice in it was mostly just standard fare rather than that. But I can see why people want some more substance and respect.

It's really hard to explain, but I did post a fanservice rant earlier. In essence, Haruka's scene and that unfortunate groping scene falls under the part of the series that offends me, and the rest really doesn't. But I am a fanservice fan after all. :3

It is good that Tsugumi hasn't been ridiculously humiliated yet, though it may be a matter of time due to her not having that much screen time

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 02:39   Link #2973
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yea, the mother is probably the weakest character thus far (says a lot. ). Do we have a female character that's not a sex object here? Hmm... but in Haruka's case it's definitely the straw that broke the camel's back. The latest episode I would have definitely liked more had it not been for the opening scene.

I think sometimes the fanservice comes off as being creepy in the show. (If we're gonna do this, why not just go all the way and pull a Yosuga no Sora ) It's why I didn't mind the latest episode mostly (what episode are on again lol) because fanservice in it was mostly just standard fare rather than that. But I can see why people want some more substance and respect.
I found Haruka funny in the last episode for the fact that I can't believe the writers thought she would be a good idea, but that train has passed, as she is not funny. The other fanservice in this episode, I didn't mind, because it wasn't unusual. It's just standard high school stuff.

And oh god, Yosuga No Sora. I want to block that anime from my head. The characters in that anime make the characters in this anime look developed.

Old 2011-12-07, 02:57   Link #2974
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
And oh god, Yosuga No Sora. I want to block that anime from my head. The characters in that anime make the characters in this anime look developed.
That's because that anime targets those who had played the game.

Quote:
When did anime characters became sex objects? And I disagree that Haruka's character is weak. I don't think she was made for comedy either. It feels more like she really "just acts that way" around her son. Besides, I could feel some serious mode from her when she: 1. appeared in the ship where she talked to the old guy; 2. In the lab, the first time she appeared and; 3. when she told Shu to visit his dad's grave.
Old 2011-12-07, 23:31   Link #2975
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Looks like japs didn't really like the last episode:
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 23:46   Link #2976
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
When even Japan can't stands it no more folks. By the way is this an amazon.jp ranking or something else? Either way it doesn't look particularly good for a cutting edge anime.
Old 2011-12-08, 00:03   Link #2977
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Hmm, is this from amazon? Can we have a source link?
Old 2011-12-08, 00:13   Link #2978
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Yep, that seem like amazon.jp ranking.

LOL so much for targeting otakus n feed them stupid thing is profitable eh.
Old 2011-12-08, 01:06   Link #2979
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
That's because that anime targets those who had played the game.
And it shows, believe me. Then again, I never professed to be a fan of those alternate-route series. I consider it lazy.

Quote:
When did anime characters became sex objects? And I disagree that Haruka's character is weak. I don't think she was made for comedy either. It feels more like she really "just acts that way" around her son. Besides, I could feel some serious mode from her when she: 1. appeared in the ship where she talked to the old guy; 2. In the lab, the first time she appeared and; 3. when she told Shu to visit his dad's grave.
I wouldn't be surprised when she becomes serious, but trying to pass off that behavior as acting naturally? Really? It works as well as taking Inori's costume seriously. Well, maybe less.

And ow! That's gotta hurt. When your intended audience is not liking your cutting-edge blockbuster, something has gone seriously wrong.

Old 2011-12-08, 01:34   Link #2980
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
And it shows, believe me. Then again, I never professed to be a fan of those alternate-route series. I consider it lazy.
I would had liked it if they did the extended version too. More H-scenes are ok.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised when she becomes serious, but trying to pass off that behavior as acting naturally? Really? It works as well as taking Inori's costume seriously. Well, maybe less.
Well, there's no other way to explain it.

Quote:
And ow! That's gotta hurt. When your intended audience is not liking your cutting-edge blockbuster, something has gone seriously wrong.
At least it's being topped by Persona 4 and Horizon, (Last Exile too, maybe). If I see Majikoi or Maken-ki topping Gulty Crown, I'll rage: that show is as horrible as a bad Freezing(or in Majikoi's case Hyakka Ryouran) fanfic

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig