AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-01-24, 21:10   Link #2121
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I'm struggling to finish Assassin's Creed: Unity (my God is it bad) within the next 2 weeks so I can start Firewatch as soon as it comes out and have it be the only game on my slate. Nothing else really interests me right now. I'll do my usual and wait to get Assassin's Creed: Syndicate until next holiday season.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 03:52   Link #2122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

List of all the playstation games coming out next month, or rather next week

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...66#post5763466
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 04:06   Link #2123
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Hmm, I don't see The Witness, possibly the most anticipated puzzle game in years, mentioned anywhere in that thread. Its coming out for PS4 and PC within 24 hours!!

Though I still need to get my Platinum trophies in The Uncharted Collection...

Last edited by OH&S; 2016-01-25 at 04:55. Reason: release date trailer
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 11:31   Link #2124
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah it's for February list only.
Old 2016-01-25, 23:30   Link #2125
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

You all talking about new games and here I am, still working on my Trine Platinum
Old 2016-01-26, 12:03   Link #2126
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Playing Blade & Soul, MMO game from 2012 Also still play a lot of Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom, which is a 2002 game.
Old 2016-01-26, 19:08   Link #2127
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I don't even try to keep up with new releases anymore. Not that I don't play some new games sometimes, but I just play whatever I can get into. I find that I have a hard time getting into many games these days. My interest in gaming is decreasing and I dislike it because I've always really liked video games for most of my life, going back to when I was probably age 5.
Old 2016-01-27, 05:16   Link #2128
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I don't even try to keep up with new releases anymore. Not that I don't play some new games sometimes, but I just play whatever I can get into. I find that I have a hard time getting into many games these days. My interest in gaming is decreasing and I dislike it because I've always really liked video games for most of my life, going back to when I was probably age 5.
I'm the same way, I've found that I've become very particular about the type of games that I am into these days. Elder Scrolls and Dragon usually uphold my interest for a while, others warrant at least one playthrough. I can go back and replay my old PSOne era games for hours though.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 11:55   Link #2129
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
No no no. Your interest in games hasn't decreased, its just that there's a lot of sucky games now. You should be glad you're not too into most of them. All the copy/pasting of the same old mechanics, "me too" syndrome, and the toxicity from the gaming community every time a dev tries changing the aged genre formulas from the past 10 years isn't helping one bit either. Of the few games that even try to be good a lot are extremely poor in execution; its sad but there's a ton of crappy "spiritual successors" to old games (not to mention sequels, those are almost all mediocre at best). The situation with kickstarters and early access has just made it even worse; even at the best of times it will feel a bit cheaped out in certain parts.

All that said, the biggest problem is the growing costs which have been somewhat trimmed down but progress in tech but not really. It's just so stupidly expensive, its a miracle games are even made with the budgets involved.

Well, at least everyone seems to be somewhat capable of making pretty/shinny games these days. Too bad I don't really care much for that.
Old 2016-01-27, 15:12   Link #2130
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
No no no. Your interest in games hasn't decreased, its just that there's a lot of sucky games now. You should be glad you're not too into most of them. All the copy/pasting of the same old mechanics, "me too" syndrome, and the toxicity from the gaming community every time a dev tries changing the aged genre formulas from the past 10 years isn't helping one bit either. Of the few games that even try to be good a lot are extremely poor in execution; its sad but there's a ton of crappy "spiritual successors" to old games (not to mention sequels, those are almost all mediocre at best). The situation with kickstarters and early access has just made it even worse; even at the best of times it will feel a bit cheaped out in certain parts.

All that said, the biggest problem is the growing costs which have been somewhat trimmed down but progress in tech but not really. It's just so stupidly expensive, its a miracle games are even made with the budgets involved.

Well, at least everyone seems to be somewhat capable of making pretty/shinny games these days. Too bad I don't really care much for that.
For me, one thing is I'm overwhelmed with choices, heh. With Steam and a couple of consoles and a 3DS and even a select amount of iOS gems, I have so much to choose from and sometimes I don't know what game to pick up and get into next, because I have way more to choose from than I actually have time to play when balancing between this hobby and responsibilities in life.
Old 2016-01-27, 15:54   Link #2131
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
For me, one thing is I'm overwhelmed with choices, heh. With Steam and a couple of consoles and a 3DS and even a select amount of iOS gems, I have so much to choose from and sometimes I don't know what game to pick up and get into next, because I have way more to choose from than I actually have time to play when balancing between this hobby and responsibilities in life.
You probably cant choose because you constantly give yourself more to choose from; like every other day. Media coverage (videos, streams, news, podcasts) has become quite overwhelming and overbearing in recent years. If you get too into the "talk" about games rather then playing them you'll end playing the game of collecting games like pokemon rather then playing games. Give yourself some room to breath once in a while and you'll be fine... well so long as you don't forget to stop playing before its 4am anyway.

Also don't play stuff you yourself don't get fun out of. Other peoples fun is not your fun, it's at best your fun of enjoying other peoples fun/reactions.
Old 2016-01-28, 20:00   Link #2132
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
So, somehow I missed that Mirror's Edge: Catalyst is going to feature the same composer/scorer. SWEET. ME had such a great soundtrack.

Also, I somehow missed that it got delayed 2 months. Crap. Well, only 4 more months to go, I guess?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 16:34   Link #2133
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yes it is, actually. I checked and it's the 1215A model, and it has all the updated physical features.
I must be confused then. I thought the newer PS4 model that's lightweight, cooler and quieter has still not been released yet in U.S.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 17:12   Link #2134
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
I must be confused then. I thought the newer PS4 model that's lightweight, cooler and quieter has still not been released yet in U.S.
I think it started quietly showing up in the market during Christmas.
Old 2016-01-30, 17:54   Link #2135
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I think it started quietly showing up in the market during Christmas.
Oh huh, well that's awesome if true. I just assumed it hadn't happened yet since PushSquare never announced the newer model was available in the U.S. yet.

Do you know if most sellers on Amazon would have this newer model?
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 18:24   Link #2136
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Oh huh, well that's awesome if true. I just assumed it hadn't happened yet since PushSquare never announced the newer model was available in the U.S. yet.

Do you know if most sellers on Amazon would have this newer model?

If you really want to make sure you get the correct model, find out the model number online, write it down, go down to GameStop and an employee can check out the number on a PS4 box with you so you can be sure you have a unit you want before purchasing. Otherwise, with Amazon...I dunno how you could make sure you are buying the model you want.
Old 2016-01-31, 12:11   Link #2137
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
You all talking about new games and here I am, still working on my Trine Platinum
I fucking did it,

So Trine 2 is next
Old 2016-03-08, 13:58   Link #2138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

PlayStation Store Launch Party 2016 lineup announced

Quote:
All the listed games will have a 10 percent discount offer for pre-orders.

Here’s the full lineup:
  • Salt and Sanctuary (PS4) – March 15
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4, PS Vita) – March 22
  • Enter the Gungeon (PS4) – April 5
  • Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4) – April 12
  • Invisible, Inc. Console Edition (PS4) – April 19
  • Alienation (PS4) – April 26

Looking forward to Salt & Sanctuary, Stories and Alienation!

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2016-03-08 at 14:12.
Old 2016-04-07, 10:18   Link #2139
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anyone tried out the new PC remote play?
Old 2016-04-07, 10:49   Link #2140
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

My PC still use Windows 7.... Don't want to upgrade to 10 yet so I can't use the remote play T_T