AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-08-29, 11:31   Link #1081
zato_1one

@SeijiSensei
I afraid that you may find the answer only in manga. Because the anime start to diverge from manga and I'm not sure that the anime route will provide the answer for your question.

But it's possible that the anime may has its own answer which isn't as same as in manga.
Old 2007-09-03, 07:35   Link #1082
anime4evar

is claymore being released or is it finished?
anime4evar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 11:38   Link #1083
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime4evar View Post
is claymore being released or is it finished?
The translated english version is at vol 9 while the japanese version is halfway vol 13. Apparently the serie will stop at vol. 25 so that might take another 5-6 years since its a monthly release.
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 01:49   Link #1084
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Claymore DVD sales of vol. 1

from Aug. 6. 2007 Anime DVD TOP 100 (only those coming in this week)

1. 30571 Code Geass vol. 7
2. 27510 Lucky Star vol. 1 limited edit.
4. 18665 Nanoha vol. 1
9. 14933 Grenragan vol. 1 limited edit.
10. 14397 Gintama vol. 1 limited edit.
21. 8945 Hayate no Godoku vol. 1

36. 5712 Claymore vol. 1 limited edit.<----------------------------------------

41. 4455 Maria Samaga Miteru OVA 5 collectors' edit.
52. 3821 Setou no Hanayume vol. 1 limited edit.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 16:57   Link #1085
Ace_Sky

Claymore! Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit, Claymore is turning into Dragonball. The whole pacing after episode 20, it's like they went from gradually getting powerful to all out over 9000 points powerful!

This is my favorite anime of all time! Plz don't ruin it like this! Everything up to episode 18 or 19 is a masterpiece.

By the rate they're going, the anime might end with season 1! I know they just wanna follow the manga, but I think they're trying to cram everything into one season! Which makes the pacing seem like, everything was gradual until the last few episodes, everyone's super powerful! C'mon u don't have to follow the manga!

The organization is so stupid. Why did they send all the Claymores to fight the North King. When they know it's all gonna be a suicide mission.

They could of saved all those warriors lives, just let the West Lady and the North King duke it out! Because the west lady is planning a attack against the North King anyways!
Ace_Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 19:22   Link #1086
daedalus25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Sky View Post
Damnit, Claymore is turning into Dragonball. The whole pacing after episode 20, it's like they went from gradually getting powerful to all out over 9000 points powerful!

This is my favorite anime of all time! Plz don't ruin it like this! Everything up to episode 18 or 19 is a masterpiece.

By the rate they're going, the anime might end with season 1! I know they just wanna follow the manga, but I think they're trying to cram everything into one season! Which makes the pacing seem like, everything was gradual until the last few episodes, everyone's super powerful! C'mon u don't have to follow the manga!

The organization is so stupid. Why did they send all the Claymores to fight the North King. When they know it's all gonna be a suicide mission.

They could of saved all those warriors lives, just let the West Lady and the North King duke it out! Because the west lady is planning a attack against the North King anyways!
1. The anime IS going to end after this season.

2. They aren't following the manga. That's the problem. If they WERE following the manga, the story would be much better and there would be a season 2. Because they're doing their own thing, this series has gone from #1 on my list to last place on shows I look forward to watching each week.

3. The organization isn't stupid - quite the opposite. They INTENTIONALLY sent those Claymores on that suicide mission because they wanted to get rid of them. They had no problems replacing all of them.

4. Nobody has become "Dragonball" powerful - well maybe in the last couple episodes of the anime because they DIDN'T follow the manga. But in the manga, only Miria and Clare are significantly more powerful than an average single-digit warrior, but they are still nowhere near the level of Alicia (ranked #1), Riful, Isley, or Priscilla.

Seriously, you should just read the manga and stay away from the anime trash. It frustrates me that they ruined such a good story like that.
daedalus25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 22:27   Link #1087
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus25 View Post
1. The anime IS going to end after this season.

2. They aren't following the manga. That's the problem. If they WERE following the manga, the story would be much better and there would be a season 2. Because they're doing their own thing, this series has gone from #1 on my list to last place on shows I look forward to watching each week.

3. The organization isn't stupid - quite the opposite. They INTENTIONALLY sent those Claymores on that suicide mission because they wanted to get rid of them. They had no problems replacing all of them.

4. Nobody has become "Dragonball" powerful - well maybe in the last couple episodes of the anime because they DIDN'T follow the manga. But in the manga, only Miria and Clare are significantly more powerful than an average single-digit warrior, but they are still nowhere near the level of Alicia (ranked #1), Riful, Isley, or Priscilla.

Seriously, you should just read the manga and stay away from the anime trash. It frustrates me that they ruined such a good story like that.
I would also like to add that the reason for getting rid of them is not shown or stated in the Anime. That's I urge people to read the manga since the anime has turn out to be trash.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 03:09   Link #1088
hierophant
anime freak

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Sky View Post

Blame the anime version.

The problem is that, after episode 19, they started to diverge from manga, as they are trying to end the series (including the many subplots) in few episodes.

That is why I say a rushed ending do more harm than good. People start blaming the story for the gaps and think it is from the original source.

In the manga....
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
You will only find the answer in manga:
Spoiler for manga events:
hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 00:02   Link #1089
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

The shoulder harness and sword on the grave at the end of the EP appears to be Teresa's. I've looked at her shoulder harness and it looks pretty close. Also there is a glimpse of her symbol on the sword.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 02:14   Link #1090
the follower 89
Refreshed by peace

I also think the same, animes just ruin a good manga story.

I finish the manga so far, waithing for next chapter, and i have to see like four or five episodes to catch up whit the anime.

Anyway i like it so far until episode 20 that follow the manga in every aspect, but i don't like it when i discover that they were doing whit the anime, i felt very dissapointed the anime makers just ruin every thing every time

I mean if they will not give it a proper end as the manga, better not do it.

At least Naruto follow the manga, as far as i know, thats how it should be, unless the manga was crap but if thats so they will never be doing an anime

PS. A theory of mine is that maybe they whant to make a second season that follows the manga, so they are just trying to give time to the manga to advance before keep up, but they change to much already, just an idea.

my first oficiall signature send me a private message and tell how godd or bad it was
the follower 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 07:57   Link #1091
BaronNoir

Hi guys. Just discovered Claymore, love the show, but I have a sort of very peculiar request. Might I ask it around here ?
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 16:46   Link #1092
poptart
come tess me now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronNoir View Post
Hi guys. Just discovered Claymore, love the show, but I have a sort of very peculiar request. Might I ask it around here ?
as long as it follows the Forum Rules then you can ask away
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 06:58   Link #1093
BaronNoir

Well. It's quite simple.

As I have a lot of time to lose (lol), I decided to try my hand in fantasy writing. On critical plot element MIGHT look a little like Teresa and Claire.
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 08:58   Link #1094
Deathwish

Anyone know where i can find a good torrent file for Calymore downloading?
Deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 11:00   Link #1095
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Umm, you're at the forums of one of those sites?
kureshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 12:52   Link #1096
Rotary Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish View Post
Anyone know where i can find a good torrent file for Calymore downloading?
haha
you're on one.......
animesuki.com
Rotary Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 21:43   Link #1097
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

So after what episodes does the anime get any better? I only watched ep. 1 which didn't leave much an impression on me.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 03:06   Link #1098
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronNoir View Post
Well. It's quite simple.

As I have a lot of time to lose (lol), I decided to try my hand in fantasy writing. On critical plot element MIGHT look a little like Teresa and Claire.
Oh well. It's not like Claymore invented it, either.

He who wishes to imitate nothing will produce nothing, and all that.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 07:37   Link #1099
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
So after what episodes does the anime get any better? I only watched ep. 1 which didn't leave much an impression on me.
Consider reading the manga Anime and manga get better with Teresa-arc (ep. 5), but the anime has destroyed the ending. >.<
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 07:43   Link #1100
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Yeah the teresa arc sends this anime from a 7 to a 9-10, and then the ending eps bring it back down to like an 8 still definitely worth sticking it out tho

DazarGaidin is offline   Reply With Quote