AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-30, 20:50   Link #1061
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@FaceSmasher - Over watching another emo boy for gad knows how many episodes, I like Jin the way he is now.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-30, 20:58   Link #1062
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
The conveniently timed flashback sure helped Jin achieve that. But surely this issue can't be over, right? Toa will have to come up with some explanation for crashing into the shuttle in the first place.
The ISDA have a question or two to anwser as well. Like why they let a shuttle take off into the path of incoming hostiles. Or are they not watching the skies and the flight vectors from Thanatos for dragons?

Its not like they couldn't have held the shuttle launch on some pretext. "I'm sorry, Captain Kamishina, we are going to have to hold your launch for a few minutes while a meteor passes by overhead. We are holding launch ten minutes to to be safe from secondary bodies." It is not like he's having to lauch in time for a Hohman transfer orbit since those take longer than earth moon shuttle flights are shown to do in this series.

It does look like the ISDA and the Jillard Army have artificial gravity inside thier ships though. I'm wondering why they don't use it for flying cars.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 21:04   Link #1063
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
It does look like the ISDA and the Jillard Army have artificial gravity inside thier ships though. I'm wondering why they don't use it for flying cars.
I had this conversation with my motor head friends before in the past and they all go that it would be just wrong to have a car that doesn't have wheels. They were going on about needing to feel the road through the wheels and all that stuff, I only drive when I am forced to so I couldn't relate.

So it could be personal preference, or too big to fit in a car.
Old 2007-11-30, 21:55   Link #1064
Guppy

Aside from that, allowing widespread use of flying cars starts to open up a large can of worms. Who handles air traffic control for hundreds or thousands of small air vehicles? Does every driver have to pass a pilot's test, or file a flight plan before leaving the house? Breakdowns and accidents also become a lot more dangerous when you're talking about low-altitude flight over populated areas.

Automatic computer control might help to solve some or most of those problems, but implementing such a complex system while guaranteeing total reliability would pose a serious challenge of its own.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 21:57   Link #1065
grey_moon

Parking would be pretty cool
Old 2007-11-30, 22:42   Link #1066
Nvis
Where are the good animes

http://i2.tinypic.com/85532mp.jpg

Last edited by Nvis; 2007-12-01 at 01:08.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 01:43   Link #1067
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
The ISDA have a question or two to anwser as well. Like why they let a shuttle take off into the path of incoming hostiles. Or are they not watching the skies and the flight vectors from Thanatos for dragons?
They didn't know it was coming. If you go back and watch the first episode, the dragons don't show up on radar until the very last minute, before the shuttle has a chance to avoid it. There's no way the ISDA would let a shuttle launch, only to have it be destroyed and kill all the passengers except one. I mean, people don't like the ISDA so far but they haven't done anything that's actually bad or negligent.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 02:20   Link #1068
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

@grey_moon: When I wrote the "can you comprehend it" part, I didn't mean you personally, I was writing as if I was speaking to Jin and how fast he got over it. So I hope you didn't get that wrong, I didn't mean to be rude or anything

But I guess the resonance between them could have made that awesome forgiveness come too soon but it was rushed. Definitely not impossible but rushed.

@dahak: You've got a point right there.
Anima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 03:22   Link #1069
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Just a thought though, Kazuki is gay!!! he had tentacle sex with Gio >.<

That would explain his emo factor going through the roof over him and Jin, it's not so much 'you stole my dragon' as in 'you stole me lover' ROFLMAO
It actually makes more and more sense as the episodes progress

Kazuki is definitely gay, why else would he be so full of Gio when he has the hottest dragon, Widow, with him?

And someone before speculated that Kazuki didn't make any effort in looking for, contacting, and comforting Jin after the shuttle incident. well, now we know it's the direct opposite, Kazuki has actually tried a lot to comfort and cheer Jin up and wanted to keep contact with him, but obviously Jin completely rejected him, so Kazuki was indeed in love with Jin but got dumped!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 03:43   Link #1070
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
It actually makes more and more sense as the episodes progress

Kazuki is definitely gay, why else would he be so full of Gio when he has the hottest dragon, Widow, with him?

And someone before speculated that Kazuki didn't make any effort in looking for, contacting, and comforting Jin after the shuttle incident. well, now we know it's the direct opposite, Kazuki has actually tried a lot to comfort and cheer Jin up and wanted to keep contact with him, but obviously Jin completely rejected him, so Kazuki was indeed in love with Jin but got dumped!
Not just got dumped by Jin, but the guy who he got intimate with earlier dumped him for Jin. If I think about it that way, maybe he deserves to be so emoish

But you are oh so right about having the hottest dragon, if I was him I would be on the forums posting about how I rode this sexy widow.

Spoiler for sexy hot widow:
Old 2007-12-01, 09:57   Link #1071
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
What a crazy episodes...I liked it even though it had some incredible plotholes. Why the hell didn't Kazuki and Widow take part in the battle and stayed in the shuttle as it seemed to be plunging to their death? Why the hell didn't Jin and Gio escape once again in the end and why did Gio need Jin anyway, in the first episodes he did very well without anyone "riding" him? Who the hell are these Gillard Army fellows? Their dragons look like some cyborg Aliens. And the new Dragonaut chick appearing out of nowhere to save the day was pretty silly. OK, now I see that's a lot of complaining for an epsiode I liked but what can a man do.

It was nice to see Liner making a fool out of Garnet, even though later he himself fell for the totally obvious diversion like an even bigger fool. And it's about bloody time we hear some explanation from Toa what her agenda is, it seems this will happen in the next episode.

The battle was pretty nice, as was the initial capture of Gio and Jin in the beginning of the episode, this sure took me by surprise.
guess I'm the only one who doesn't like ep9 that much, but then it's not particularly bad either, just the usual trainwreck like all the previous episodes that I can enjoy laughing at while watching it. I always expected the Liner guy bail Jin and Toa out of the predicament at the beginning by arresting them all, considering he has bugged Kazuki all the time, but Kazuki's excuse was a surprise and really made me laugh, more so when it actually worked

Now the CG battle scenes, well, I don't think the CG battle scenes is any better than those in Vandread, which is one of GONZO's first attempt at 3D CG space battles more than seven years ago. And to me it still looks as plastic as back then, or maybe even a bit worse? Anyway yea many lasers and blasts and explosions and whatever here and there, but it doesn't look anything impressive to me.

And everyone is still as stupid as ever, except Gio that is. Every single character has his/her IQ floating dangerously near the zero line in this episode. Only Gio is still cool and badass, only if he can explain why he needs Jin to pilot him to save Toa.

Liner's trick is just a joke, I figure what he told Garnet is along the line "hey I have the data you want in this SD card, and it's encrypted, oh and I have forgotten the password, so you should go back and try crack it yourself to see whether I have put the proper data in it, or some GON NOODLE recipe that I may have misplaced in there". Oh and the noodle recipe, I guess he decided to put some noodle recipe encrypted there instead of something that can at least look like the resonance's data, so it will enrage Garnet the moment the data is decrypted, instead of buying some more time.

And why did Jin bother to save the shuttle to "save Toa"? I'm pretty sure Toa won't have a scratch even if she drops to Earth naked. It seems there are only Toa, Widow, and Kazuki inside, so the worst (or best?) case scenario is Kazuki burns to ashes while Toa and Widow survives without a scratch, while the most likely outcome is just that Widow saves Kazuki while Toa lands on Earh with no problem.

Anyway I just laughed practically from start to finish, and I expect more fun next episode
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:10   Link #1072
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
They didn't know it was coming. If you go back and watch the first episode, the dragons don't show up on radar until the very last minute, before the shuttle has a chance to avoid it.
That was the shuttles own radar. Which admitedly only picked them up 4 seconds before impact. And pretty much the instant it cleared the launcher.

This was 18 years after Thanatos ate Pluto. And at least three after the ISDA has dragons [Since they had them before the Jillard army experiment]

But they don't appear to have a deep space sensor net capable of picking them up before they start atmospheric reentry. Even though they have regular fast flights to the Moon and should reasonably have better near space observation than is currently available.

Are they not bothering to watch for attacking aliens? Or did they not have enough time to work out where they were coming down? Or not think they might hit something? Or do dragons emit Minkowski particles?

I'm not accusing the ISDA of deliberately allowing the crash, More it is another point where it appearrs they are a little sloppy.
Old 2007-12-01, 11:48   Link #1073
outlaw97

Ok, I'm seriously starting to think Resonance involves some sort of brainwashing - it's a bond so deep that you can get over things that normally would be a pretty big deal. I mean, Kazuki almost seemed sane this episode - he exhibited some uncharacteristically quick thinking when trying to cover for himself, and in general he was ok - up until the end of the episode when he saw Jin using Gio. Seriously, I couldn't help but laugh the second he pounded his fist on the window.

Also, Jin's speedy forgiveness of Toa - I don't care what you say, the average person just can't let that slide so easily. It's hard to say whether it's real forgiveness - like others have pointed out, Jin may have kept Toa alive partially because he wants more answers - why she crashed into the shuttle, etc. But again, I guess Resonance is such a deep bond it surpasses these details. I really hope that they dive into this issue a little further, because if Jin really does give Toa a clean slate, I'm going to be rolling my eyes for the rest of the show and chalking them up ass the token relationship of the series.

I am going to assume that the shuttle had people on board other than Kazuki, Widow, and Toa - otherwise there'd be no point in protecting it, as both Toa and Widow could've actualized and escaped. But in the end we have a nice juxtaposition of scenes - first the flashback of Toa protecting Jin after the shuttle crash, followed by Jin protecting Toa through Gio. And it's great to see the G in Gio stands for GAR - he really is quite the badass when he's not fretting over being the third wheel.

And once again, the soundtrack is really showing its strengths - the pieces played during the dragon battles and Jin's resolved to save Toa saved what otherwise would be laughably mediocre scenes. Can't wait to get a release date for it!
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 12:29   Link #1074
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

About the Toa actualizing part, I believe she was still locked up in those restraints which keeps her from actualizing, or so they said. Though I don't know if she still could have survived without having to.
Old 2007-12-01, 12:45   Link #1075
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
Ok, I'm seriously starting to think Resonance involves some sort of brainwashing - it's a bond so deep that you can get over things that normally would be a pretty big deal. I mean, Kazuki almost seemed sane this episode - he exhibited some uncharacteristically quick thinking when trying to cover for himself, and in general he was ok - up until the end of the episode when he saw Jin using Gio. Seriously, I couldn't help but laugh the second he pounded his fist on the window.
you call that normal? he is just showing us another side to his emoness - his yellow livered o' self - that bastard wouldnt even blink while betraying gio and he wonders why gio would rather be with jin
Quote:
Also, Jin's speedy forgiveness of Toa - I don't care what you say, the average person just can't let that slide so easily. It's hard to say whether it's real forgiveness - like others have pointed out, Jin may have kept Toa alive partially because he wants more answers - why she crashed into the shuttle, etc. But again, I guess Resonance is such a deep bond it surpasses these details. I really hope that they dive into this issue a little further, because if Jin really does give Toa a clean slate, I'm going to be rolling my eyes for the rest of the show and chalking them up ass the token relationship of the series.
i dont think it will be a clean slate as it seems that he will be asking her a tonn of questions afterwards. but i wont base that as the only reason, more like just a bonus from saving her. imo jin has come to the realisation that he needs to move on with toa rather than just dragging his past on any further - and that she is probably the only one he can call "family/friend"
Quote:
I am going to assume that the shuttle had people on board other than Kazuki, Widow, and Toa - otherwise there'd be no point in protecting it, as both Toa and Widow could've actualized and escaped. But in the end we have a nice juxtaposition of scenes - first the flashback of Toa protecting Jin after the shuttle crash, followed by Jin protecting Toa through Gio. And it's great to see the G in Gio stands for GAR - he really is quite the badass when he's not fretting over being the third wheel.
nope, toa cant escape because that straightjacket is modified so that she cant actualize.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 13:06   Link #1076
grey_moon

Someone falling in love with their kidnapper ain't normal but it happens.

I do have to admit both Kazuki and Jin's need for the partner dragon's is very unnatural, but Kazuki is a bit too freakish in his pursuit of the cool dark one also known as Gio.
Old 2007-12-01, 13:41   Link #1077
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
That was the shuttles own radar. Which admitedly only picked them up 4 seconds before impact. And pretty much the instant it cleared the launcher.

This was 18 years after Thanatos ate Pluto. And at least three after the ISDA has dragons [Since they had them before the Jillard army experiment]
Yeah, but the perception of a world crisis wasn't until after the shuttle accident more than likely, at least as far as we know. I mean, the first time they found a dragon egg was 19 years ago, a year after Pluto was destroyed. The first time they found Atrum was 2 years ago which was shortly after the accident. We're still missing some information though so the timeline is incomplete. We need to know when the first time Thanatos was percieved as a threat or when the ISDA first learned the truth behind it (beyond seeing it destroy Pluto).

Quote:
But they don't appear to have a deep space sensor net capable of picking them up before they start atmospheric reentry. Even though they have regular fast flights to the Moon and should reasonably have better near space observation than is currently available.

Are they not bothering to watch for attacking aliens? Or did they not have enough time to work out where they were coming down? Or not think they might hit something? Or do dragons emit Minkowski particles?

I'm not accusing the ISDA of deliberately allowing the crash, More it is another point where it appearrs they are a little sloppy.
It's possible that they didn't appear on radar or it looked like a normal thing until the very last second. The control tower gave them the go to fly and the shuttle didn't detect it until the last second so there has to be a specific reason. Besides, Sakaki's family was on the shuttle too so I doubt the agency would be sloppy when the wife an daughter of their Dragonauts commander is on board.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 14:39   Link #1078
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
the theme song for this eps is nice, I like it , around 16:30... also ToA looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cuter/younger 2 years ago (maybe cuz she has no clothes back then )
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 18:15   Link #1079
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
It's possible that they didn't appear on radar or it looked like a normal thing until the very last second. The control tower gave them the go to fly and the shuttle didn't detect it until the last second so there has to be a specific reason.
The way the linear accelerator is laid out would most likely have stopped the shuttle from spotting the dragons until after the shuttle cleared the top.

I'm struggling to think of any "normal thing" you'd want doing a high speed reentry over your shuttle launch pad during takeoff.
Old 2007-12-02, 05:19   Link #1080
Guppy

Quote:
The control tower gave them the go to fly and the shuttle didn't detect it until the last second so there has to be a specific reason.
I'm surprised the shuttle even picked up the inbound objects at all. Most aircraft-mounted radars have a fairly limited field of view (typically a wedge-shaped slice of sky in front of the nose) and the three dragons intersected the shuttle's path at very high angle-off from above and behind. I don't think even an AWACS-type radar would pick up a target closing from that particular aspect.

I suppose it's possible that the shuttle might have had additional proximity-warning sensors covering its blind spots, to help avoid collisions with other air traffic during a slow-speed landing; those would be short-ranged to minimise weight, complexity and false alarms, so that might explain the last-second warning.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi