AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 58 29.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 30.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-20, 10:30   Link #81
da-xia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavrielo View Post
Lol Raki reminds me of Frodo Baggins, the most useless character of all history. Although I'm not really a big LOTR fan, I hope Raki does more stuff too, 'cause no one likes a useless hobbit. Well I detest em >_> and I really hated the LOTR plot, it just dragged on and on, trying to milk the fans of their precious money.
he reminds me of shirou in fate/stay night.. how he was the same and wanted to protect saber but really couldnt do a damn thing.. at least earlier in the series..
Old 2007-06-20, 10:37   Link #82
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ophelia is really really scary...so she enjoys killing just for the thrill of seeing someone struggle in fear...i was seriously WTFBBQ when i saw clare's legs separating from her body (oh and her sexual groping beforehand ) ...and she just took care of such a powerful awakened so effortlessly...next ep is going to rock my world

and the kiss was oh so sweet! ^.^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-20, 10:44   Link #83
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Remember ep. number 3?

Perhaps it made that expression for Raki follow the order.

ps: Sorry my english
Old 2007-06-20, 10:44   Link #84
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyPrey View Post
Ophellia fondling Clare's breasts, now that is a big deal.

-EasyPrey
Watching my share of anime where breast fondling is done regularly as the way of common greeting, (see Ai Yori Aoshi) I would say Ophelia wasn't fondling Clare's breast just because Ophelia has put her hand inside of Clare's blouse. There was hardly any hand movement that could be seen over the garment of Clare's blouse to indicate her breasts were being fondled. If anything was fondled, it was Clare's lung. Ophelia's blood soaked finger tips would indicate that. The way Ophelia chose to lick that blood off from her finger.... well, that's another subject of discussion.

Breast fondling is such an important topic, that I storngly felt I must contribute somehow.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:00   Link #85
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
@Above;
The holy shit face is reasonable, I bet you would look like that if someone groped you at your private parts, especially someone of the same sex.
I meant to say before Ophelia even grabbed Claire and appeared behind her back. You can see the Hellsing and Berserk art elements I was talking about that weren't visible in the anime in the picture below. Claire's face was completely different as was Ophelia's.

This picture shows Ophelia's emotionless face I was talking about. They didn't even show her face while she was saying "THERE" in the anime. I was seriously dissapointed...I was really looking forward to that scene animated the right way because it really shows Ophelia's sadistic side, but they just spin the camera around Raki -_- with some freeze frames of Ophelia swinging her sword.

So now you see why some posters aren't liking this episode b/c of the way it was animated.

Last edited by superzombie23; 2007-06-20 at 11:31.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:02   Link #86
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, that wasn't groping. It was the fastest way to get to a blood vessel and restraining Claire without killing her first imo.

Ophelia looks really psycho/sadistic in this episode imo. Do we ever find out who that Awakened One was?

This was another setup to kill off Claire imo.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:22   Link #87
zato_1one

I have a mix feeling watching this Ep. - -"

I prefer how anime deviate from manga when Clare told Raki to stay in the forest instead of took him with her. It makes more sense because Clare shouldn't carelessly taking her boy to battlefield. I prefer this path more than in manga though.

But unfortunately, that could make Raki looked so stubborn for insisting to follow Clare. If Raki didn't interfere when Ophelia molested Clare. Clare might find a good excuse for herself and the situation might not be bad like that. But well, who knows what will happen if Raki didn't come.

One other thing, I felt they did a very good job to show Raki determination. It convinced me to believe that he truly want to be strong and help protect Clare. In manga, I didn't feel like this at all. I felt he just a side character until... You know what I mean right?

And for Ophelia, my only complain is that she looks cuter and younger in manga. But it's not a big deal. She's still hot because she's elf.

And... that KISS scene. To tell the truth, I don't fond of this path in manga. It's kind of meh to me. I was stunned because it looked so suddenly. Just whisper to myself, WT... are you doing Clare!!! I thought she might only want to shut him up. But in later chapter... Fear to be banned so I just want to say that I think the relation between Clare and Raki now is not just sister and brother anymore. Both in manga and anime.

In anime, Clare looked so scary to me. >< Clare, are you a shota-con? I understood that Raki attitude could make your heart uneasy. But Hey! He's just a kid you know!!!

This episode left me so much mixing feeling. I don't even sure how to rate it.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:39   Link #88
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
I just watched the episode. I think i'm so critical right now b/c I just read the manga version of this episode last night for the 2nd time (read it a couple months ago), since I was hyped about this episode with Ophelia. I would give it an 8/10 b/c it did not meet my expectations from what I got from the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one
I have a mix feeling watching this Ep. - -"
*SIGH*

I empathise with you guys. I give this episode a solid 6. It just doesn't gel. Poorly drawn faces (again!). Mis-expressed emotions (Clare kisses Raki because she was moved by his determination, not because she was overwhelmed by shota sensibilities -.-*). Action so lame, BGM so singularly unimpressive, that I could have slept through the episode.

I repeat my reservations from Episode 10 -- this director has very little talent for staging action scenes. Instead of fast-paced, blood-thumping action, I get by-the-book, walking-through-motion direction. At no point in this episode did I feel as inspired as I did in the manga. *haiz* (see the above screenshots of the manga scenes -- and feel your heart sink in the vast disparities between manga and anime...)

I don't know what else to say. I know there are bound to be people who would accuse me of not giving the anime a fair chance, because I've already read the manga. Seriously though, me reading the manga beforehand has very little to do with how disappointed I feel right now.

Let me put it this way, if I were a pure-anime viewer watching Claymore up till now, I would be dropping the series after this episode -- let alone be intrigued enough to catch up with the manga to see what else I'm actually missing.

Oh well, I'm glad this episode still managed to get its fair share of fans. Ophelia is a great character -- she deserves the attention if nothing else.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:43   Link #89
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
*SIGH*
Mis-expressed emotions (Clare kisses Raki because she was moved by his determination, not because she was overwhelmed by shota sensibilities -.-*).

That scene made Claire such a shota-pervert (Edit: I don't care about the kiss, it's just out of character the way she kissed.) The anime version of that scene makes her so out of character like she's gonna sex him up in the future or something.

Last edited by superzombie23; 2007-06-20 at 12:04.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:52   Link #90
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Ophelia looks really psycho/sadistic in this episode imo. Do we ever find out who that Awakened One was?.
Nope. Just some random awakened.

Man i hate character with peronatilites like Ophelia's but i love to see them suffer afterwards. ( yeah yea h i know XD )

And i liked the kiss because i never saw their relationship as sister/brother and there's not such thing being to young for a relationship in medival type fantasy worlds.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-06-20, 11:52   Link #91
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
What is wrong with Claire having eros love with Raki? She did not age, nor she going to have a normal relationships. So she showed affection for him and this stage of heightened crisis, blossomed into love. Perfectly human emotion, afterall both of them shared a common tragedy that gets them closer. People are more vulnerable to drastic emotional outburst in life/death situation.

And like it or not, she fell in love with him. Shota or not. Raki will grow up and Claire will not age at all, looks wise.

As long they both happy with each other and wants to be lovers, why not?
Old 2007-06-20, 11:53   Link #92
SimplyEd
Claytard

I'm beginning to realize that people around here are not so much upset that there's a kissing scene in this episode, they are upset because it's a kiss between an "adult"and a "minor".

This is so ridiculously pointless, i can't even find words to express my speechlessness.

Raki made an effort, seized his prize and now he's up, up and away. End of story.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:03   Link #93
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
I'm beginning to realize that people around here are not so much upset that there's a kissing scene in this episode, they are upset because it's a kiss between an "adult"and a "minor".

This is so ridiculously pointless, i can't even find words to express my speechlessness.

Raki made an effort, seized his prize and now he's up, up and away. End of story.
I don't care about the kiss. I care about the fact she looks horny which seems so out of character (compared to the manga where she has a very serious face). She's supposed to be serious about their safety.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:05   Link #94
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Considering what Raki went through prior to getting that kiss, I can't hate him for that. Boy tried the hardest he could at the time - let the little man be. And as for an adult vs a minor - the 'adult' won't age a bit, but the little youngin will so in about oh say...4+3 YEARS, it will be a moot point.

I think Clare's got just a wee bit more to worry about other than child services coming after her for doing 'stuff' with minors.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:10   Link #95
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
I don't care about the kiss. I care about the fact she looks horny which seems so out of character (compared to the manga where she has a very serious face). She's supposed to be serious about their safety.
Oh, and she isn't allowed to show a more tender side? This is supposed to be a lasting,sweet memory for him. I don't see her being "horny" there, sorry. Maybe it's more along the lines of make-believe.

Seriously, there are more noteworthy things happening all over the episode. I admit that the kissing scene didn't fit in the anime and in the manga, but it's just a kiss. No sweat.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:14   Link #96
orion

Oh well, it is what it is. A kiss on the lips between an adult and a minor. If Raki was 16, no one would have cared. But he ain't. And now Claire is a shotacon.

So, Raki now has incentive to become stronger. Claire fans can now be teased. Good times for all imo.

But, Teresa remains a saint.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:17   Link #97
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I agree with SimplyEd. People are overreacting the kiss because of the age difference. Well, you know what? It`s a medieval time, age or morarality can fall from a cliff for all I care.
Besides, Clare face was very well done even though the budget seemed average.

HELL!! I am quite happy with this. Finaly I can say that Clare is not a saint, quite the opposite I might add. And please, lets not talk about Teresa and all Claymores in general.

They are women, all of them have needs and Helen was not joking when she bullied Clare. Claymores are known to be Silver Eyed Witches..Of course people have to be carefull. The golden rule is not killing humans. But it doesn´t stop them from atacking a human in the woods. if you get what I´m saying.

Of course that is my opinion. The kiss was just to make him quiet....
Old 2007-06-20, 12:24   Link #98
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
The kiss was just to make him quiet....

.. and then it was as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced..only to come to this thread to cry out "shouta-con" again...
Old 2007-06-20, 12:25   Link #99
superzombie23

I guess I wouldn't be serious about it if he was older, even though I don't really care about the age difference, just the difference of Claire's personality. I guess I'm used to Claire's pervert face now -_-... it just scared me at first, that's all.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:26   Link #100
orion

But it's hardly a defense for what happened Defiled_one. A forehead kiss, a slap on the face, shaking him are methods to bring a guy to his senses. Not a full kiss on the lips with those dreamy eyes imo.

Dragging down the others without animation proof of past deeds of the others...