AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-22, 00:42   Link #1
deadyeti

New Fan

Hello everyone, I just started watching Naruto and I am enjoying it very much. I have one question for some of you that might have already been answered in another thread but I am worried about spoilers.

I have watched up to Episode 33, and it seems that the show should be called Sasuke, not Naruto. What I am wondering is around what time does Naruto stop being the "Comic Relief" in the show and start whipping some serious Tail?

Thanks in advance for any information, and thanks to the people who allow me to watch this great show.
deadyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 00:44   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

My advice is just to pretend that Sasuke is the title character. If you have been enjoying the show for 33 episodes, then it must be doing something right. If you are loosing patience with a show built around the comedy relief, then you are better off quitting right now before you see another 33 episodes of him being comedy relief.

In other words, if it is "tail whipping" you want, Sasuke is the man to deliver it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 00:45   Link #3
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

When the 3 chuunin exam begins
I also tought that for a while! But just keep on watching and see how strong Naruto really is!(Maybe you did notice some in episode 17 where he battles against Haku)
Oh and Naruto is allways serious on the battle field where he try to protect what is precious to him! But why he is a comic releaf is because of he tryed to make people acknowledge him that way!
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 00:47   Link #4
Nooj
Disabled By Request

Hello deadyeti!

Yeah the show should be called Sasuke for the ~40 first episodes. After that, Naruto becomes alot stronger and starts to show his real power.
Nooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 00:54   Link #5
AburameShino

I was thinking that exact thing myself, deadyeti...And then I realized, Sasuke just doesn't sound like a good name for a show to me for some reason; Naruto sounds much cooler somehow. You'll see that Naruto is a pretty great main character later on, I think he has the best character development. And the coolest techniques.
AburameShino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 01:06   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Atually, I believe that the whole point was that Naruto has so far to rise from his pathetic beginnings. The idea is that if someone can rise from being such a looser, then there is hope for anyone. Remember that he was paralyzed with fear in his first fight. That's quite a distance he is going to have to travel to become Hokage and it just won't flash by in a couple of episodes. Due to the long wait, once you finally see him winning a fight on his own it is that much more impressive.

Spoiler for How many episodes until Naruto becomes cool:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 01:08   Link #7
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadyeti
Hello everyone, I just started watching Naruto and I am enjoying it very much. I have one question for some of you that might have already been answered in another thread but I am worried about spoilers.

I have watched up to Episode 33, and it seems that the show should be called Sasuke, not Naruto. What I am wondering is around what time does Naruto stop being the "Comic Relief" in the show and start whipping some serious Tail?

Thanks in advance for any information, and thanks to the people who allow me to watch this great show.
Quote:
Player hater ^_^ j/k . I'd say that there would be a gap between these episodes
- 41-50 (prelims tournament arc, minimum comedy
Spoiler:
)
- 51-69 (final tournament arc)
- 70-79 (Sasuke & Naruto against Gaara, though there's a little bit of comedy snippets on ep 79. But not a whole lot)
- 80 (memorial episode to the 3rd Hokage, no comedy)
Old 2004-04-22, 01:09   Link #8
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Aren't you basically asking to be spoiled on this? ^_^;;

Sasuke's superiority in the beginning never really bothered me because it was already explained that he was much better than Naruto performance wise to begin with--he almost acts as a growth meter Naruto compares himself to. Give the story some time to show Naruto's progression and don't worry about the boy; this show is titled after his name, afterall!

Since you are asking for "around what time does Naruto stop being the 'Comic Relief' in the show and start whipping some serious Tail," I'm going to answer that he already has long time ago when he beat off Haku...it's just that no one else knew about it. But to be more technical, I'm going to have to say
Spoiler:
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 01:15   Link #9
Kouji
StrykerX

But any episode past 79. You can clearly see that there'll be minimum comedy (if none at all). Due to the future events happening (which would be the equivalent chapters past 139) Like Sasuke being unconscious and his body being thrown in to wack etc...
Old 2004-04-22, 01:16   Link #10
deadyeti

Thanks much for the quick replies.

I will continue watching this show because it has kept me watching for a while now, and most times way past when I should be going to bed. ((Gotta watch one more Episode!!)) The show just seems to get better and better with each episode. Now I cant wait until Naruto matures into a great ninja.
deadyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 03:09   Link #11
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Eh. The series should really be called "Shikamaru".

But yeah, Naruto's going to become stronger soon. He never stops being "comic relief", per se, and he's still fairly obnoxious (even in the manga) but he stops being useless.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 04:31   Link #12
bal
Gaara of The Desert

LOL Its mentioned a couple of times that Naruto is the type that can never become the main character

But believe me... he certainly does whips some serious Tail.. 9 of em
bal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 07:20   Link #13
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Eh. The series should really be called "Shikamaru".
Such betrayal, I thought you would've wanted it to be called Moustache Man
Old 2004-04-22, 08:36   Link #14
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Such betrayal, I thought you would've wanted it to be called Moustache Man
Then it wouldn't be long before we hear of RGA--Ramen Girl Ayame
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 11:56   Link #15
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Well the anime just caught up to the part where Naruto is not such a douchebag anymore. I say keep watching :P
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 12:22   Link #16
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Well the anime just caught up to the part where Naruto is not such a douchebag anymore. I say keep watching :P
Lex is right keep watching from now on it's much more about Naruto
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:27   Link #17
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Eh. The series should really be called "Ramen Girl".

But yeah, Naruto's going to become stronger soon. He never stops being "comic relief", per se, and he's still fairly obnoxious (even in the manga) but he stops being useless.

there. you had a typo in your post.

i must have missed the parts where naruto was obnoxious

= =
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:40   Link #18
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
there. you had a typo in your post.

i must have missed the parts where naruto was obnoxious

= =
Dude, there are plenty of series that can be Ramen Girl. Anyway, if the series was called Moustache Guy, it'd be over in like 2 episodes. Episode 1, we meet Orochimaru, Episode 2, Moustache Guy kills him, and then spends the next 45 minutes trying on hokage hats.

I thought Naruto, the character was pretty obnoxious all the way through the Zabuza arc.
Old 2004-04-22, 13:58   Link #19
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
I thought Naruto, the character was pretty obnoxious all the way through the Zabuza arc.
i see how that could work... ... but he is just striving for recognition! have some pity!
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:19   Link #20
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
i see how that could work... ... but he is just striving for recognition! have some pity!
Don't you remember the rules of the Cobra Kai?

NO MERCY!

And how does striving for recognition translate to yelling at a little kid and jumping into Haku's Ice Prison?