AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 19:03   Link #61
videoman190

Here's the blog translation!

Quote:
Here's a more accurate translation of the blog (found on Orochinagi, posted by Yuki Yagami):

Q: Tell us about the 'drive cancel.'
A: Drive cancelling is a system where you use up some of the hyperdrive gauge to cancel special moves into special moves or special moves into DMs. You can even use EX special moves and EX DMs.

Q: What sort of situations would you use a drive cancel in?
A: The basic idea is to do more damage by comboing your specials into one another. As for more interesting uses, let's see ... you can deliberately use a special move that has some recovery lag, to bait a guard cancel attack from your opponent, but you can cancel the lag from your special move using a drive cancel to beat his guard cancel attack. Alternatively you can cancel your special move into a special move that will let you escape from the guard cancel attack without getting hit.

So you can use it in various situations to create an advantage for yourself.

(ST's note: Certainly sounds a lot like roman cancelling from the GG series)

Q: What's the difference between drive cancelling and hyperdrive mode?
A: A drive cancel is a single cancel, but hyperdrive mode is a mode where you can do as many cancels as you want for a fixed time. Hyperdrive cancels will also let you cancel more types of moves than a regular drive cancel, so you can do different types of combos in hyperdrive mode than you can with a regular drive cancel.

Therefore, drive cancels are something that you might do depending on the situation. Hyperdrive mode is something you use when you want to land a high damage combo.

Q: Looks like fun to go for a high damage combo!
A: Yeah. We think that a lot of the fun of fighting games comes from crushing your opponents with powerful combo attacks, so we're in the process of figuring out how best to let players go on the offensive in the manner that they desire .

Even in terms of graphics, we added the afterimage effect to give the impression of speed and acceleration while doing these cancel combos.

Q: So I guess I should show my skills through coming up with my own combos, eh?
A: I mentioned powerful combos are, but the truth is that these combos vary depending on the opponent character, your distance from the opponent and so on. Practice will help one figure out which combos are best on which opponents and at what distances.

We want to create a system with numerous possibilities where you can say "I can research hyperdrive mode combos and show off my dominance!", So please, do try many different combos.

Of course, don't restrict yourself to just practical combos - we're also happy to see people try out combos that stupefy others with their flashiness!

Q: Finally, please tell us your favourite combo using drive cancels or hyperdrive mode.
A: OK, here's a combo that uses drive cancels.
My recommendation would be to drive cancel Athena's Psycho Sword into her EX Psycho Ball. The EX version of Psycho Ball does multiple hits, so you can make use of the extended stun time to run forward and do followup attacks. It's easy to do, and it's a combo that hasn't been seen in KOF until now.

Q: Eh? That actually connects? Drive cancel and hyperdrive combos definitely seem very deep and entertaining.

Next week, we'll talk about KOF XIII's story. Until then!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 20:49   Link #62
videoman190

Quote:
By deidos
Here I put exactly what it says in the last three lines in the table. http://loda.jp/test_test/?id=177.png
  • [li]DRIVE CANCEL - Input commands of a SDM during certain DMs - Using Hyer Drive Gause besides the SDM, enables to link a DM to a SDM.[/li]
    [li]NEO MAX SDM - Input certain commands - A Super which is realized by using three power gauge.[/li]
    [li]MAX CANCEL - Input commands of a MEGA POWER MAX SDM during certain SDMs - Using the HD Gauge, enables to link a SDM to a NEO MAX SDM.[/li]

I tell you that this one has been translated by a Japanese, word by word without assuming anything.
New Info on the new systems!
Old 2010-04-15, 08:21   Link #63
Nayim

Note:

I found this forum/blog/etc from Japanese website and Pixiv website, the KOF fan demand if the he/she are most favourite not appear in arcade version,they wanted full demand in console version which is already decided by fan:

Rock Howard
Kasumi Tendoh
Shingo Yabuki
Ryuji Yamazaki
Blue Mary
Billy Kane
Gato
Tizoc
B.Jenet
K
Kula
Angel
Momoko
Malin
Marco Rodriguez
Xiao Lon (From KOF Maximum Impact R.A)
Eiji Kisaragi
Adel
Lynn Baker (Those people don't know who she is, she came from another SNK fighthing game: Rage of The Dragon - link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_of_the_Dragons & http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/lynn.html - kinda like special guest star from KOF XI, Buriki One & Savage Reign)

The character will disposed to keep balance is:

Chang Koehan
Choi Bounge
Heavy D
Lucky Glauber
Brian Battler
K9999
Foxy
Vice ( I don't know if she still alive.)
Seth
Tung Fu Rue

I disapointed that never mention Ramon & Vanessa in this list because they are not popular in Japan, i hope these two character will reveal someday.
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 17:35   Link #64
videoman190

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/event/
The official site has been updated with Team Japan story and a new Loketest is at Club Sega in Shinjuku Nishiguchi in Tokyo on April 24 and 25.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/
Old 2010-04-15, 22:09   Link #65
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
i actually liked Vanessa, would be nice to include her in XIII but i highly doubt it... maybe she'll be added as a dlc.

I agree with you, most people think making sequel is the easiest way is 2D sprite fighthing game. But making the character HD 2D sprite taking about 1-12 months O_O Just like you say, some people play their own favourite character, I disapointed they disposed Seth, he was my favourite too, but due lack of popular, SNK take advantage to take coolest character first. The workers from SNK feel they think make any low character will waste of time when player don't play low character, it will cost budget to avoid any fan won't disapointed. If they are make whole a lot of character in KOF, they need another KOFXIII sequel.

Sorry about my language XP.
Old 2010-04-16, 07:24   Link #66
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
It still takes quite a bit of time to draw out the new sprites so there's only so many characters SNK can cram in there before their planned deadline.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 16:31   Link #67
koffy
beggar

No Ramon nor Seth? What a pain :c I liked Foxy aswell. Anyway I hope they make it an entertaining game.
koffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 16:53   Link #68
videoman190

Latest vids from the location test and another Location test in Kong Kong on April 23-25.
http://www.snkplaymore.com.hk/xiii_pre/index.html

Last edited by videoman190; 2010-04-17 at 20:34.
Old 2010-04-22, 07:22   Link #69
Nayim

Good NEWS for everyone - Vice & Takuma confirmed will be playable character

Bad NEWS for me - These characters is not my favourite, which is lame, i mean really.

How the hell Vice is alive? Does she been ripped by Iori, thi is unforgiveable so many level.
Old 2010-04-22, 08:08   Link #70
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
How the hell Vice is alive? Does she been ripped by Iori, thi is unforgiveable so many level.

Mature also suffered the same fate, and yet I don't see you complaining about that.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 08:44   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well that was pretty much confirmed for Vice and Takuma , finally it's confirmed .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 09:15   Link #72
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post

Mature also suffered the same fate, and yet I don't see you complaining about that.
I know Vice and Mature died in KOF 97 but it kinda strange how Vice & Mature survive from attacked by Iori.

Mature's eye already ripped & wearing eyepatch, what about Mature? I don't see her injury or something?

Maybe i should watch Iori's ending again.
Old 2010-04-22, 10:56   Link #73
Blackbeard D. Kuma

If I recall correctly, it was never actually stated that Mature and Vice were dead. People only presumed that. So seeing them miraculously survive Iori's onslaught is no surprise.

Anyways, I'm happy Takuma is in. He's always been one of my mains.
Old 2010-04-22, 11:36   Link #74
videoman190

Quote:
From Frankfurt of Neogaf

You guys are going to love this:

Vice and Mature are dead. Their spirits came back to protect Orochi.

Also, Takuma's stance is Doppo's (Baki) stance:

http://www.betomachado.com/?attachment_id=1272

Doppo, like Takuma, is based on Oyama.

Quote:

(thanks to speksnk for the gifs )
know the translation is ruff but it's better than nothing!

Quote:
Given the hot weather of this place that night, but never hot, there may occasionally strong winds, and even Ieta Spend rather easy.
Nonetheless, the eyes 醒Mashita Chizuru Kagura, rather than blame the heat again, maybe it was foreboding.
"----"
Shine the light of the moon facing the garden shoji watermark has quietly put the blue light in the room.
Noticed that the moment is reflected in long shadows on shoji screens, and full consciousness was aroused Chizuru.
"! Who?"
I challenge you to voice Hisometa, Chizuru is immediately realized his immaturity. Even without a clear look at the shadow and thus should spy out the sign, and immediately know the identity of visitors came to the garden without a sound.
Chizuru shalt be ashamed of the immature, to sense the shadow as well.
"... And intestines missing, Kagura."
Ridicule is flying low.
"Only you -"
More deeply scratching undershirt under a white chest, Chizuru had made himself on the futon.
"Only you more, the flame will remain lost?"
"What's wrong with that?"
The arrogant response that Chizuru had to say in answer.
Burn still losing strength, he has not faded. We have a bodyguard for a packed house this Chizuru personal bodyguard, if you want to knock someone out they've entirely, it was undoubtedly true.
"Mirror Force" to lose, and had almost lost his ambition and even very different, Chizuru is 噛Mi締Meta lips.
"The thought came to see how that power is back ... You're nothing seems you need to get rid of that kid again."
Retrace one's steps to sign the man, quickly reached for Chizuru.
"Wait, Yagami! This is for you big chance I could!"
"... What is?"
"Yagami use your flame, these 660 years, I've have so inseparable mixture of the power of Orochi. But You" jewels "If I lost the power and fire - - Yagami house now is, I could also escape from the spell of the Orochi? "
"Pig"
He Chizuru laughed off the complaint.
"... I'm me. Yagami is know as the house."
"Yagami -"
呼Bi止Meyou still a man, Chizuru What is absurd to speak of how his consciousness was as obvious.
Yagami house fire, "jewels of the nominee Hasshaku power" - if that's what it is inseparable from the blood of Orochi, Orochi is to break with him, it should last forever, holding fire.
But it also has a seal on Orochi "three sacred treasures" of the corner, that is also lost forever.
The dilemma that Chizuru pale.
"It will ease. Soon the east of the" mirror "back and thigh."
Chizuru had a silent, leaving the man he calls Giwani.
"... The most, then the loss of the" sword "but you"
"Stop, Yagami!"
Chizuru changing suddenly opened the sliding door pull out the futon.
But there is just a quiet moonlit garden blue, red-haired man who was not any more.

◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆

Each time a large truck passing by underneath highway, a pedestrian bridge was shaking the whole fine.
Continued exposure to the elements, a floating pedestrian bridge rust will come off the paint around, looks like a huge animal carcass something horrible.
Iori Yagami was slowly climbing the spine is suddenly stopped, looked up at the moon tonight.
: "... ... ... ..."
Cigarette ashes turned into a little When sandwiched between the fingertips of his right hand and suddenly I 放Tta temples.
"... It is too late for 亡者Gotoki what?"
The hard-nosed look and fell to earth from heaven, Kaguroi-looking shadows that harden toward the end of the bridge.
"What I came to the displeasure to me? Or you going to kill me again and grumble at?"
The words of the temple, according darkness.
"You Greetings, Yagami ... Even though I met a long time."
"I see the sky again. ... I would have before? Now I see you under a full moon."
"----"
The voice of voluptuous women badly, Hermitage has one eyebrow quivered.
Under the gaze of the temple had been writhing shadows. Quietly, but surely, the shadows are beginning to take shape gradually and clearly.
And when you stand up to the three-dimensional world from two-dimensional world finally got the shadow figure was beautiful women.
Throw the cigarette butts, Hermitage muttered with narrowed eyes.
"... There appeared regret for what?"
"Regrets? What I do not sucker."
A red device twist greater body responded with a stretch. The snake wrapped her body in black pants look is reminiscent of prey like a snake.
"- I originally did not mean to come out."
"Then why stay here?"
"Now, I wonder why. ... If anything, not because we 存外 不甲斐Nai to you?"
The clear face Mature blonde replied, holding a bandage to put right eye and lifted his lips bright red and wet.
"... Want to say what?"
Quote:
"Yagami followed by jobbed Dance is not it up to you ... oh, a little boy called, Ash Crimson."
"Moreover, the power of the Orochi Watching You know you're funny guys?" Rising out from the land of poppy by Haruka "Now they are called,"
"... And know. Not interested."
"Well, I guess you would not be that. That even in his own interest, you know I will not."
"But, does not quite work for us so well."
"What is intercepted easily deceived Chaa spite of the Orochi power?"
"It's why we came."
Backed by the darkness, the bright eyes of three mysterious women. Vice also mature well, women were supposed to hand in their temple and killed.
Thrust into the pocket of the pants, the curled lip temple.
"Kagura and wipe her bottom of the trouble is that hard work. ... But what on earth can you bastards?"
"The Atenee. - But what about the usefulness of each other but I'm sure there. Is not it?"
"That little boy is your goal, we guys know ... if we both won the competition, you run into any opponent."
"... It will be always, a worthless farce."
"To be sure. But there mingle in the farce, and ultimately I'm the best way. So then, the only way, however, is the need to mate. Do you understand your Kung Yagami?"
"Oh -"
The temple is an interesting look into the nose ring, walked. Beside us past the mature, go down to the footbridge.
Feet without stopping, over the temple is back Tsuke足Shita.
"You say in advance. If you like my 役Ni立Tan -"
"For you bastards not to, right? ... I remember."
Down come the chuckle of the device.
"I'm looking forward to us. I lost the intensity of your fire now. - Because of you, you will be disappointed but we will not."
"... The Glib It looks like you could die any different."
Stopped off at the overpass, turn.
Women should figure that overlooks the temple is already no where, beyond the gaze of the Hermitage over the bangs, it was just a blue moon still shining Zaetoshita proud.
"... ... ... ..."
No new temple took out a cigarette and lit a lighter well-thumbed.
In the darkness, red light flashes reminiscent of those women piercing, wait a full moon thin smoke
One went to the night sky and start to rise.
I can post the Japanese version if someone want's to take a crack a translating it!

Quote:
 このところの暑気を考えれば、その夜は決して暑くはなく、ときおり強い風が吹くこともあって、むしろすご しやすいとさえいえた。
 にもかかわらず、神楽ちづるが目を醒ましたのは、やはり暑さのせいというより、虫の知らせというものだっ たのかもしれない。
「――――」
 庭に面した障子を透かして射し込む満月の光が、部屋の中を青く静かに照らし出している。
 その障子に細長い影が映り込んでいることに気づいた瞬間、ちづるの意識は完全に覚醒した。
「! 誰!?」
 ひそめた声でそう誰何してから、ちづるはすぐに自分の未熟を悟った。こうしてはっきりとその影を見据える までもなく、気配を探れば、庭先に音もなく現れた訪問者の正体などすぐに判る。
 ちづるが恥じたおのれの未熟を、影もまた察したらしい。
「……腑抜けたな、神楽」
 低い冷笑が飛んできた。
「あなたこそ――」
 白い襦袢の胸もとを深くかき合わせ、ちづるは布団の上に身を起こした。
「あなたのほうこそ、炎を失ったままなのでしょう?」
「それがどうかしたか?」
その傲慢な返答に、ちづるは返す言葉がなかった。
 紫の炎を失ってもなお、彼の強さは色褪せていない。ちづるの身辺警護のためにこの屋敷に詰めているボディ ガードたちを、ことごとく叩き伏せてここまでやってきたことを思えば、それは疑いようのない真 実だった。
“鏡の力”を失い、覇気すらも失いかけていた自分とは大違いだと、ちづるは唇を噛み締めた。
「貴様の力が戻っているかと思って様子を見にきたが……やはりあの小僧を始末する必要があるよ うだな」
 男がきびすを返す気配に、ちづるは慌てて手を伸ばした。
「待ちなさい、八神! これは、あなたにとっては大きなチャンスかもしれないのよ!?」
「……何がだ?」
「あなたの使う八神の炎は、この660年の間に、オロチの力と分かちがたいほどに混じり合ってしまっている わ。でも、あなたが“勾玉”の力と炎を失った今なら――今なら八神家が、オロチの呪縛から逃れることもでき るかもしれないのよ?」
「くだらん」
 男はちづるの訴えを一笑に付した。
「……俺は俺だ。八神家のことなど知らんな」
「八神――」
おも男を呼び止めようとして、ちづるは自分がいかに不条理なことを口にしているか、いまさらのように自覚し た。
 八神家の炎、“八尺瓊の勾玉”の力――それがオロチの血と不可分なものだとするなら、彼がオロチと決別す るには、おのれの炎を永遠に捨てなければならない。
 だが、同時にそれは、オロチを封じる“三種の神器”の一角が、永遠に失われるということでも ある。
 そのジレンマに、ちづるは青ざめた。
「安心しろ。じきに貴様の“鏡”ももとに戻る」
 押し黙ってしまったちづるに、男が去りぎわに声をかけた。
「……もっとも、次に失われるのは“剣”だがな」
「やめなさい、八神!」
 ちづるは布団を出て障子をからりと引き開けた。
 だが、そこには青い月に照らされた静かな庭があるばかりで、赤毛の男の姿はもはやどこにもな かった。

◆◇◆◇◆

◆◇◆◇◆

真下の幹線道路を大型のトラックが通りすぎるたびに、歩道橋全体が細かく震えていた。
 風雨にさらされ続け、あちこち塗装が剥げて錆の浮いた歩道橋は、何か巨大な動物の無惨な死骸のようにも見 える。
 その背骨をゆっくりと登っていた八神庵は、ふと足を止め、今宵の月を見上げた。
「…………」
右手の指先にはさまれたタバコがほとんど灰に変わった頃、庵が唐突にいい放った。
「……亡者ごときがいまさら何の用だ?」
 天から地へと落ちた冷徹なまなざしが、歩道橋の端のほうに凝り固まっているかぐろい影を見据 えた。
「俺に恨み言をいいに現れたか? それとも、もう一度殺してくれとでもほざくつもりか?」
 庵のその言葉に、闇が応じた。
「ご挨拶ね、八神……久しぶりに会ったっていうのに」
「もう一度空をご覧よ。……前にいっただろう? 満月の夜にまた会おうってさぁ」
「――――」
 ひどくなまめかしい女たちの声に、庵は眉ひとつ動かさなかった。
 庵の視線を受けて、影が身悶えしていた。静かに、しかし確実に、影は次第にはっきりとした形を取り始めて いる。
 そして、ついに2次元の世界から3次元の世界へと立ち上がった時、影は美しい女たちの姿を手に入れていた 。
 タバコの吸い殻を投げ捨て、庵は目を細めて呟いた。
「……何の未練があって現れた?」
 赤毛のバイスは大きく身体をねじり、伸びをしながら答えた。黒いパンツルックに包まれた肢体がくねる姿は 、まるで獲物を狙う蛇を思わせる。
「――もともと出てくるつもりなんてなかったんだ」
「なら、なぜここにいる?」
「さあ、なぜかしらね。……もしかすると、あなたたちが存外に不甲斐ないからじゃない?」
 澄まし顔で答えた金髪のマチュアは、右目にかけた眼帯を押さえ、赤く濡れ光る唇を吊り上げた 。
「……何がいいたい?」
Quote:
「神楽に続いて八神……あなたまでしてやられたそうじゃない? あの、アッシュ・クリムゾンとかいうぼうや に」
「おまけに、妙な連中がオロチの力を狙ってるんだろ? “遥けしかの地より出づる者”とかいう 連中がさぁ」
「……知らんな。興味はない」
「そりゃああんたはそういうだろうさ。自分自身のことにだって興味はないんだろうからねえ」
「けど、わたしたちにとってはそうもいかないのよ」
「オロチの力をむざむざ横取りされちゃあ業腹だろう?」
「だからわたしたちが来たのよ」
 闇を背負って、女たちの3つの瞳が妖しく輝いている。マチュアもバイスも、庵がその手で命を絶ったはずの 女だった。
 パンツのポケットに手を突っ込み、庵は唇をゆがめた。
「神楽の尻拭いとはわざわざご苦労なことだ。……だが、貴様らにいったい何ができる?」
「あなたの狙いはあのぼうや、わたしたちはあの連中……どちらも大会を勝ち抜いていけば、いずれ突き当たる 相手よ」
「……毎度のことながら、くだらん茶番だな」
「確かにね。だけど、その茶番につき合うのが、結局は一番の近道なんだよ。そしてそのためには、形だけとは いえ、チームメイトが必要なのさ。お判りかい、八神クン?」
「ふん――」
 庵は興味なさげに鼻を鳴らし、歩き出した。マチュアたちのかたわらを通りすぎ、歩道橋を下っ ていく。
 足を止めることなく、庵は背中越しにつけ足した。
「あらかじめいっておく。もし俺の役に立たんようなら――」
「貴様らに用はない、だろ? ……覚えてるよ」
 バイスの含み笑いが降ってきた。
「わたしたちも楽しみにしてるのよ。炎を失った今のあなたの強さをね。――あなたのことだから、わたしたち を失望させたりはしないでしょうけど」
「……口が達者なのは死んでも変わらんようだな」
 歩道橋を降りたところで立ち止まり、振り返る。
 庵を見下ろしているはずの女たちの姿はすでにどこにもなく、前髪越しの庵の視線の彼方には、冴えざえとし た青い月が静かに輝いているだけだった。
「…………」
 庵はあらたにタバコを取り出し、よく使い込まれたライターで火をつけた。
 闇の中で、あの女たちの眼光を思わせる赤い光が明滅し、細い煙が満月の待つ夜空へと立ち昇っ ていった。

Last edited by videoman190; 2010-04-22 at 11:53.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:15   Link #75
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol Takuma's gif , it looks like he's gonna shit in his pants XD
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 14:07   Link #76
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Oh god, did they just bring back a character from the first Fatal Fury? He was Joe's rival back in the day.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 21:32   Link #77
videoman190

Pen Pen Impressions
And Most of the videos from the HK Location Test
http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums.../13144.shtml#0
Quote:
---------------------------Impressions #1---------------------------

Graphics are awsum. But I'm a pretty low bar setter in these regards, but I do find them very pleasing. No shadowing issues in XII appearing here anymore. Maybe I'm used to uber closeup sprites in XII, but it now somehow needs some getting used to from me. Neomax effects are dramatic and it's like suddenly they went nuts for a split second doing something we never saw before. The wow factor is awesome.

The music is what we heard on the website, bears no repeating. It's good. That's all.

The color palette's pretty cool and amazing. I saw some pretty unique color combination, Kyo had this Shin Kyo color and Iori has two variants of his current suit, etc. And to top it off, the character select screen's timer does give you sufficient time to choose 3 characters AND their respective colors (if you are choosing your characters semi-decisively).

Controls aren't uber responsive, I had times where I tried to do a DP, but then instead a jump comes out. I think it may be my own alignment problem more than the stick's. But the feedback has been the stick isn't as responsive as the players want.

On Drive Cancels (are they called Drive Cancels?), it's too easy to pull off without warning. At times I try to do a dp, and then it comes out with a qcf move (eg my Kyo does a dp+C and then a qcf+C comes out after the first hit). I'd prefer personally that I am at least able to drive cancel like I wanted to.

The hyper drive bar seems to be an auto-fill bar which is fine to me. It does feel very much like 2k2(UM) to me when people activate it.

It seems like a lot more normals can be kara-cancelled. First thing comes to mind for me is Shen Woo's low D. Kyo's far C is now also cancellable. However, I must note that some normals like Kyo's close C seems to have a smaller than usual cancelling window. At times, you need to input the next move early.

Speaking of which. I'm not 100% sure whether all far/close attacks are back yet. The majority of them are, but eg. Ryo still is stuck with his old standing D in XII and I haven't seen Kyo do a close D yet.

Character impressions:
Kyo - Compared to XII Kyo, he doesn't have a gameplay revolving pressing B like a madman. While his low B->standing B->whatever combo is still around, it's harder to come out. His Oniyaki still feels nigh invincible. His Orochinagi still has the old invincibility. Air Orochinagi for combos and so far is only used by cancelling his rdp+D.

Mature - Very fast, and in the right hands, can be pretty much the hardest character to deal with. Low A into qcb+K is super safe, can repeat on block, can combo (but obviously not repeatable into an infinite). qcb+P is easy hit confirm and safe. I think she's the best of the lot. Easy combos, good damage, hard to get away from on defense. EX fierball juggles if you didn't know.
Terry - RISING TACO has some pretty good invincibility. Buster Wolf won't continue on block. Trap Shoot is not an overhead, I think. If you ask me, I think he's pretty much the same from XII in general.

Ryo - Fireball seems to have improved slightly. His hcb+K now moves faster (thank god) than XII. Otherwise, it's very much like what he was in XII. f+A doesn't knockdown anymore but I never tried cancelling that into anything. You can sorta play him like 2k2 Ryo and it works pretty well.

Ralf - Only saw him once and I can only think of one thing...is his vulcan punch *that* invincible in XII? Seems to protect him really well if the other character is in range and trying to do something funny.

Ash - qcfx2+P is much faster now, yay. His Neomax is pretty nice but maybe aside from the Neomax vid on SNKP, since it's a grab super, most Ash players will jump in and perform that. It does look awesome, but I think it's not an instant grab...like Kyo's Kamikura before 2k2UM.
Joe - Thank god that his dp+K is slower. I don't think I'm seeing anything different aside from that.

Takuma - The stance looks weird but this guy is fierce. Has 98 Takuma's movelist but with now a bigger fierball, his db,f+D may juggle but pushes the opponent farther than before, so no zan retsu ken followup for you (maybe aside from corners). In fact, so far nobody connected anything from it yet. He has another variant of his fierball where he sorta like does his 2k2 incarnation's HSKK (the invisible one) and a fierball comes out. He also has this guard break move which allows him to followup with whatever within a short timespan. His Neomax is useful, and is well worth the stock usage. In short, he good.

Leona - Nothing I never saw before in XII, except for her EX X-slasher.

Athena - Saw her once, but I think she can set up her shield move and do other stuff while the shield is up (which lasts for a second or two I think).

Kim - Nothing else you never saw before, very much is the guy you already know about from XII and early XIII loketest feedback.

Shen Woo - Oh my gawd, I think he's probably the most toned down character from XII. The only thing I can see improving is his qcb+A's speed. Reduced range in his low D. C version of
SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE has chargeup time of around a split second regardless if you're charging or not, A version of SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE if hit is actually a 50-50 with your opponent where you can get thrown. SHEN WOO UPPERCUT is slow - I mean XII D version slow, doesn't seem to connect from weak attacks even if it's his B version (I can't fathom how slow his D version will be). Never tried SHEN WOO BITCHSLAP yet, hopefully it's at least same as XII. And yes, you can do SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE into SHEN WOO UPPERCUT once in a blue moon if he can do drive cancels. SHEN WOO GOES SSJ takes 2 stocks, lets him do more damage and does a quick closeup of him. SHEN WOO PUNCH is pretty much same as XII. So if you ask me, I think he now sucks.

Hwa Jai - Joe clone...after all this writing of Shen and his disappointments in XIII, cut me some slack here (see my post above). D:

Neomaxes I saw:
Terry - Starts off like his Power Stream (WUSS POWER!) in 2k3, but then it turns out to be like a fullscreen beam attack of sorts at the end (think zillions of geysers appearing from the ground). Super awesome.

Joe - Does a windup (like his 2k3 LDM) and then punches a hurricane forward, horizontally for major ouchage.

Ryo - Shin Tenchi Haoh Ken, but does seem to trade hits with opponent. It was used to KO so can't tell about the damage/counter damage and dizziness effect, if any.

Takuma - Shoryuken by bringing the opponent offscreen with him, and then supposedly lands with the opponent beneath him with a karate chop. In my first vid, with Kyo he apparently caused a bug which caused Kyo to slide away afterwards.

Ralf - Larf summons his inner Kenshiro fanboyism, turns red, and does something either like ZA WARUDO/ORA ORA fists of fury or Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken or whatever mango/animu multi punch. Covers the halfscreen space in front of him. After this, he needs like a second of cooldown.
Ash - It's liek...Kyo's Kamikura!

---------------------------Impressions #2---------------------------
Neomax damage seems to have some relation to your current lifebar's length.

Leona:
Not too different from XII, except for her jump qcb+A, C version follows XII. Her jump qcb+AC (EX ver) does 5 hits, the slash stays in the air. EX version good for pressuring by doing qcb,ub+AC, if it hits, you can continue with a combo.
Drive cancel combo can do: d,u+C -> b,f+B ->d,u+C loop, can do around 40% damage and pushes opponent into corner. Then you can pressure again with qcb,ub+AC afterwards.

King:
Plays like 98UM EX King. With air fierball, can stall some jumps with qcf,uf+K (low air fierball).
df+D unfortunately not cancellable. dp+K doesn't connect from weak attacks. hcb+K and qcfx2+P are good anti-airs.

Hwa Jai:
Normals are the same as Joe (pretty much), but he can cancel off his standing B while Joe can't.
dp+K: B version flies 45 degrees, has invincibility. D version flies forward, no invincibility. EX version flies forward, but if blocked will pass through the opponent.
Air dp+K: B version flies down 45 degrees. D version flies forward. EX version feels like B version so far.
For DMs, qcf,hcb+P is a running grab, can connect after f+B. Qcfx2+K is a ranbu (even though when I did it it feels like it was a slash kick).
Can consider a high-damaging Joe. Low B -> B -> f+b -> qcf,hcb+P already does 40% off. If at the corner, if working with drive cancels he'll hurt even more.

Vice:
Close D is only 1 hit. Far C cancellable. No f+A anymore, no high-low games.
No hcf+P and qcb+K.
qcb+C feels slower, but qcb+A can connect from weak attacks still. Her qcf+P followup is still around. Vice instead moves forward more for the followup instead of jumping higher. The followup somehow seems to be able to be performed on its own, but the input motion is unknown.
dp+P still unknown.
hcf+K has no damage, slower to come out. Will pull the opponent to you.
Old 2010-04-24, 07:40   Link #78
kiak666

Here are some videos of Ash and Elisabeth demonstrating their Neo-Max DMs.

Ash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErIC7vlI7v0&

Elisabeth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h26z5nStVHw
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dcJe4rKqcM
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 21:36   Link #79
videoman190

Here's all the Location test vids!
http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index...pic,848.0.html
Old 2010-04-28, 23:54   Link #80
videoman190

Here's the full tranlation of Yagami's team story

Quote:
Translated by YasakaniHeir

Yagami's team story

Although this region is known for its hot weather, that night was all but hot. Sometimes, strong winds were even blowing…
Indeed, what woke Chizuru Kagura was not heat; it was more of an evil presence feeling.
“…”
She took a look at the Shoji facing the garden. Beautiful shining blue-ish light of the full moon were illuminating the room.
Suddenly, a long thin silhouette drew up in the shoji. Noticing it, Chizuru’s went completely alarmed.
“Huh! Who’s there?”
Chizuru realized her inexperience as she asked for the person’s identity in a concealed voice. Quickly thinking back the situation, this familiar silhouette that went unnoticed through the garden. Before seeing him, she had already figured it out.
Chizuru felt ashamed of her own inexperience as it seemed obvious who the mysterious visitor was.
“…you’ve become such a coward, Kagura”
A small derisive laughter briefly showed.
“You too…”
Chizuru closed her white summer undershirt that partially exposed her chest, and then sat on her futon.
“You too, you lost your flames, didn’t you?”
“So what?”
Before that arrogant answer, Chizuru remained silent.
Even though his purple flames were lost, his strength definitely is not. The Kagura residence is extremely well guarded place with countless strong bodyguards… Just the fact that he is standing before her right now, means there is no doubt about his strength.
For Chizuru, whose self-confidence was greatly affected when she lost the powers of the mirror, it was clear that it was not the case for him. Thinking about that, she was biting her lips in anger…
“I came here to see whether you regained your powers yet… As I thought, it seems that brat will just have to be taken care of.”
Said the man as he turned to take his leave. Chizuru reached for him in confusion.
“Wait, Yagami! This might be your only chance!”
“…What chance?”
“For the last 660 years, the Yagami flames you wield have been affected by Orochi’s evil power. But, now that the flames and the Magatama were lost… now… now, maybe it’s your only chance to free your family from Orochi’s curse.”
“Nonsense!”
Chizuru’s complaint made the man laugh.
“… I’m who I am. I don’t give a damn about the Yagami family line whatsoever!”
“Yagami---”
Chizuru was intending to talk him on it, only then did she realize how inconsistent her request was.
The Yagami Family flames, which power come from the Yasakani Magatama--- If these flames are bonded to the Orochi blood, then freeing himself from Orochi would inevitably mean abandoning his flames forever.
But it also means that one of the 3 sacred treasures, used to seal Orochi, would be lost forever.
Chizuru’s face turned pale with such a dilemma.
“Rest assured. Your mirror will get back to you soon.”
Chizuru remained silent, and the man greeted her while taking his leave.
“… However, next thing to be lost is the Sword”
“Stop, Yagami!”
Chizuru quickly got out of her futon, opened the Shoji and rushed out of the room.
However, there was only a silent garden bathed in the shining light of the full moon. The figure of the redheaded man was nowhere to be seen.

◆◇◆◇◆

The old bridge was shaking considerably every time a truck was passing by the road under it.
Endlessly exposed to wind and rain, its coating wore off all over and its rusty spikes smelled as like the remains of some huge dead animal.
Walking slowly past a spike, Iori Yagami stopped for a while and gazed up at the moon.
“….”
The cigarette in his right hand was slowly burning out… Suddenly, burnt out ashes fell on the ground.
“… What business do dead-like people have with me?”
With a cool-headed look, he lowered his head from the sky towards a spot at the ground next to the bridge where was gathering a deep black shadow.
“Holding a grudge against me? Or is it going to be “Kill me please” once again?”
After Iori said that, the dark shadow responded.
“Such a greeting, Yagami… Although it’s been a long time since we last met”
“Staring at the sky once again… Didn’t we say it before? That we shall meet someday again in a full moon night.”
“-----”
Hearing those charming women voices, Iori didn’t move a single eyebrow.
As Iori was watching, the shadow was writhing in agony. Quietly, but surely, it started to gradually take shape.
Finally, once it stood out from a 2D world to a 3D one, the shadow had shaped into two beautiful ladies. (Now, I am raising an eyebrow)
The man tossed his cigarette. He narrowed his eyes then muttered.
“…Then it must be some sort lingering affection that made come out”
“Affection? There’s no such a thing”
The redheaded Vice grandly twisted her stretched body, as she talked. The shape of her body concealed in black pants was completely reminiscent of that of a large snake.
“---- Originally we weren’t planning to come out.”
“Then, why are you here?”
“Well, I wonder why… Couldn’t it be because you guys were disappointing beyond expectations?”
A distinctive eye patch showed on Mature’s clear face. The blonde lady moved her shiny red lips to answer Iori’s sarcasm.
-----------------
“… What are talking about?”
“After Kagura, it was Yagami’s turn… It seems even you got tricked, weren’t you? Deceived by that Ash Crimson boy!”
“And on top of that, it looks like his strange colleagues are aiming at Orochi’s power. You know, the ones who call themselves “those from the distant land”“
“… Whatever, I don’t care”
“That sure sounds like you. Because, all you ever care about is yourself, right?”
“However, it does matters for us. We can’t let it happen!”
“We can’t possibly allow Orochi’s power to be helplessly exposed, now can we?”
“And that’s why we came back.”
Burdened in darkness, their 3 eyes (Vice’s 2 + Mature’s 1) were suspiciously shining. Vice and Mature, both are supposed to have been killed at Iori’s own hands.
Iori put his hands in his pockets, and then spoke.
“It’s nice of you to bear the consequences of Kagura’s mistake. … Still, what the hell the two of you can do?”
“Weeeeeell…However if we join forces, then there must be something we can do. Right?”
“Your aim is the boy; ours is the other guys… If we keep advancing in the tournament, we will run into them sooner or later.”
“…The same ridiculous mockery again!”
“Indeed. But, using that ridiculous mockery is the fastest way to find them. And for this to work we’ll need to be teammates, even if it’s for the mere formalities. Get it, Yagami-kun?”
“Hmph---”
With that sound, Iori walked away indifferently. Passing next to Vice and Mature, he continued his way down the bridge.
Without stopping to speak, he added.
“I’ll warn you in advance. If it turns out to be useless for me---”
““Then I’ll have no more use for you!” Right? ………..we’ll keep it in mind.”
Vice’s suppressed laugh was slowly fading out.
“We’re excited as well! Excited about the extents of your strength after losing your flames. -----But since it’s you, we probably won’t be disappointed.”
“…Even dead, it seems you’re as smooth talker as ever”
At the bridge exit, he stopped then looked back over his shoulder.
The two ladies’ shadowy shapes were nowhere, and all Iori could see was the blue moon shining in the clear dark sky.
“…………………”
Iori took out another cigarette, and lit it up with his lighter that he has been using for a while.
The thin smoke of the tossed cigarette rose up towards the full moon night sky, while a red flickering light was glowing from the silhouettes lurking in the dark.

Tags
arcade, fighting, playmore, ps3, snk, xbox360