AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 15 25.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 39.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-23, 12:52   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Amagami SS - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Amagami SS, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-09-23, 15:06   Link #2
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 13 of Amagami SwimsuitSuteki:
Old 2010-09-23, 15:10   Link #3
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Well, I already like this arc far better than either Sae's or Haruka's. Ai was instantly likable for me. And Junichi isn't a total tool right off the bat this time again either, so that's another plus. Better ED than any of the first 3 arcs too, at least IMO.

Pretty sure I understood all the major points in this episode, but I'll watch it again with subs to be sure. Good introduction for her. She seems to have a slightly odd sense of humor like Haruka but is still fairly down to earth like Kaoru.

I'll probably have more to say after I watch the subs. 8/10 for me.
Old 2010-09-23, 15:43   Link #4
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Well, I already like this arc far better than either Sae's or Haruka's. Ai was instantly likable for me. And Junichi isn't a total tool right off the bat this time again either, so that's another plus. Better ED than any of the first 3 arcs too, at least IMO.

Pretty sure I understood all the major points in this episode, but I'll watch it again with subs to be sure. Good introduction for her. She seems to have a slightly odd sense of humor like Haruka but is still fairly down to earth like Kaoru.

Agreed on all points. Given that things seem to have gotten off on the right foot for this couple, I do wonder exactly where they intend to go between now and the fourth episode, but they've certainly taken hold of my interest for the time being. 8/10 in the context of Amagami, more like a 7/10 against an overall anime scale.
Old 2010-09-23, 15:59   Link #5
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Well, I already like this arc far better than either Sae's or Haruka's. Ai was instantly likable for me. And Junichi isn't a total tool right off the bat this time again either, so that's another plus.
Really? I thought he was acting like an idiot again - the "need a toilet" episode and how he acted afterwards, and during his shenanigans in the cafeteria I'd have wanted someone to hit him with a tablet. Gawd!

Then again, Ai has a very pleasant personality and was putting him in his place drily, so I'm fine with it.
Old 2010-09-23, 16:07   Link #6
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Really? I thought he was acting like an idiot again - the "need a toilet" episode and how he acted afterwards, and during his shenanigans in the cafeteria I'd have wanted someone to hit him with a tablet. Gawd!
But let's be honest here, after his behavior in the Sae arc, his only meriting a tablet-smack is a huge step forward!
Old 2010-09-23, 16:22   Link #7
wingman32x

Quote:
Then again, Ai has a very pleasant personality and was putting him in his place drily, so I'm fine with it.
Haven't seen the episode yet, but that sounds something like Ai would do. She isn't going to put up with Junichi's crap.

I can't wait until this gets subbed!!
Old 2010-09-23, 16:30   Link #8
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Then again, Ai has a very pleasant personality
Though true, but i think its too sudden.
Spoiler for ..............:

I wish they could put a bit more twist on that.
Old 2010-09-23, 16:43   Link #9
Shadow5YA

While it's true this is going faster than expected, Ai never really had an aggressive personality to begin with. She's only stern because she pressures herself to be the best for the swim team. Sure, she doesn't like people who mess around, but after learning that he's Miya's older brother and making such a big deal to Ai about not being a molester, I think she knows that Junichi means well.
Old 2010-09-23, 17:43   Link #10
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:

Definitely like this over Sae's and Haruka's arc now. I can see why Ai is one of the more popular characters in Amagami. I get this sense of normalcy from her after watching this episode (and her attitudes about recycling(?) if my Japanese translated it right). But, she's attractive and down to earth. Like you said, instantly likable.

And, I loved the ending so much that I recorded it in Audacity. XD Too bad the single isn't out until October 20th. (Good birthday present for me since it's released 9 days before then. ^^)
Old 2010-09-23, 20:12   Link #11
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Ai Nanasaki can have her charms but most of all I saw in her a observatory person that reveals her charms.
It is easy from all these freebies here=>

Originals

To notice that and most of all I think this one is the best of Ai in this episode=>

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/20270904.gif
I made these quickly but now going to rest since I saw this with 20 hours of work and no sleep.
I adored this part of the ending

I also think this one is artistically impressive in my eyes
Spoiler:

Other GIFs
Part of the ending.
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/b42c6312.gif
The famous skirt lift!
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/24992b82.gif
The jumping from the swing and exposing Ai's ass!
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/4a4ac5ab.gif
Junichi's reaction and Kaoru touching him on his behind.
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/52ec447d.gif
Hilarious and laughable Miya's little punishment towards Junichi in his room
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/690d6066.gif
That's for now and 10/10 for episode. Ai caught my attention despite Junichi being immature like the toilet part of how he dealt with it. Thanks to Margafred for the inspirations of the GIF partially due to his pics.
Old 2010-09-23, 20:28   Link #12
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
To notice that and most of all I think this one is the best of Ai in this episode=>
Claiming this for my Onemanga Avatar . Thanks a lot and + rep for you. I love it.

Anyway, This looks like it'll follow the manga, which is awesome. This is going by the few things I heard, I'm waiting for subs .
Old 2010-09-23, 20:33   Link #13
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post

Spoiler for Episode 13 of Amagami SwimsuitSuteki:
Nice comment by the way...well its true that here being a sempai is already a love potion! you can see it at Nanasaki's face and action

BACK TO TOPIC:
I like Nanasaki's start arc than any other girls....but it made me think that somethings was missing... IDK what though just a feelin...any way a good episode for the start of a new arc!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-09-23, 22:21   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great work by Yukana as Ai, subtly conveying some real personality. And the best ED so far, for me.

You do wonder why Ai would (as it appears) already be interested in Junichi, who seemed fairly limp, but (1) being a senpai is a love potion, and (2) she seems to enjoy taking the upper hand over him. I guess being able to have the upper hand over a senpai is fairly attractive, too, to combine the two things. And he is clearly a pretty nice guy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-09-23, 23:50   Link #15
darlliu

I guess the anime didn't make it as obvious in the game that:

Ai loves her younger brother very much, however she couldn't get along well with him because he's being difficult. She likes how Junichi is getting along so well with Miya and being a (somewhat) nice brother. In the game, two events involving Miya actually help advance her route.

Ai is serious about her duties. She likes how Junichi, despite being an airhead, can be quite altruistic and helpful at times. In a sense, he did help Kaoru with her family problem and Sae with her job interview, though in his own perverted ways.

Then of course she's also a little sadistic/teasing, and the protagonist, being the masochist pervert he is, fits perfectly as someone to be teased/bullied willingly.

Last edited by darlliu; 2010-09-24 at 00:12.
Old 2010-09-24, 00:05   Link #16
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
This shot was incredible without being over the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred
Full res stitch here:
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7...5264771304.jpg
Old 2010-09-24, 00:25   Link #17
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Pretty pleasant episode.

Loved when Ai was scolding Tachibana for his (usual) retarded-ness, but her "dere" development(?) occurred too fast. The only thing that was really disappointing was there...
Also, another thing might be that her character design is so similar to Mya's, I sometimes mix them up when they aren't talking. Especially the beginning of the episode, the flashback... I really thought it was Mya...
If Mya was my (blood-unrelated) sister, I would have made sure I got the first place...!

And also...
Finally, no more narration!
Though in a way, it feels kind of lonely? Eh...

ED was the usual, but it didn't really sound like Ai, which was kind of disappointing...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-09-24, 01:02   Link #18
kyosak
poo

Wow they are finally at the Nanasaki arc now? Guess it's time to start watching again lol
And then hiatus until Ayatsuji haha
Old 2010-09-24, 01:59   Link #19
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Ai Nanasaki can have her charms but most of all I saw in her a observatory person that reveals her charms.
I forgot to mention that quirk about her-- she's very observant. It's almost like seeing a female version of Sherlock Holmes, analyzing every little detail. She even went so far to ask Miya what kind of brother she has. She's also a tease and her jokes are rather subtle and would be mistaken as being too serious.

But, I'm liking her already.
Old 2010-09-24, 02:07   Link #20
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Hmmmm.... something was off. Nanasaki is quick to warm up to Junichi. Maybe having Miya as little sister assure Nanasaki on Junichi.
Closed Thread