AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-04, 23:10   Link #181
kenjtr

The way i see it problem with the withes and humans is humans fault since when people learn you are a witch you are doomes and have 2 choices one to join a withch group other is to join witch hunters , other then that they cant live peacefully . Merlin said they lived in piece yesterday but why not now , i think the reason for that is humans hunger for power ; Just look at the wapons WHs use they are all familiars of the withes that were killed in the past so that means humans killed them for power . I think tasha is important to other witches because he is a male witch with a great potencial but south somehow sealed his powers and i think tashas power can be giving familiars to other witches .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 23:24   Link #182
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well I hope they haven't forgotten about the curse killing Tasha and how the seal placed by Edea has been broken a bit
Old 2012-12-04, 23:59   Link #183
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

Oh, and I highly doubt West is dead. I'm pretty sure Varete is actually West.
I remember this part, so I doubt this.

Remember West was a friend of East. They conversed regulary. Thatss why East is now *probably* meddling with the Norths plans, and as well *probably* using Tasha to extract her revenge. I've used "Probably" because its not clear yet on her motives. But remember somethings happening with East from what I recall, she was loosing power or something. Otherwise she seemed as another Witch who could take Varete to the cleaners. Varete and East are enemies, so after having that friendship bond, how is Varete West ? West was also Tashas Master btw. The one who gave him halloween. Varete also stole his sister from him and turning her evil. It would be some shock to Tasha if it was his master who has kidnapped his sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
heh. In case you missed it, it's outright stated that the witches were/are WINNING the war...

Yes, if the 4 great witches got together and decided to destroy humanity, that's it. But the thing is, the witches aren't one big happy family, they're fighting each other as much as they're fighting the humans, which is why they haven't steamrolled them yet, and why the humans actually have a very real chance(don't forget, the strongest S class WH is close to Varete's league, and he'll come back stronger, Edea Florence who was stronger than him, is still alive somewhere, East is moving against North, South is more interested in moving against North than the humans, West is dead, and Halloween/Mordred at full power was outright stated to be able to wipe the floor with Varete...

and then there's Tasha. So no, it's not really that hopeless...
Agree. Pretty much the basis of the situation. The Witch invasion has slown to a crawl and lost momemtum, but they own 2/3 of the world from what I remember. Still were raiding towns here and there. Seems now they have begun pull the strings of WH. So another momentum shift is probably coming soon.

As for the last few chapters.

Yay for East. The thought crossed me that she would come, but I didnt think hard on how she would come (thought she would of been too far away). The jokes and beatings were pretty funny.

I guess those 3 WH guys who laughed at how much this situation turned into a joke and walked off, saved themselves from a butt whooping. um, I was also looking forward to what that knight could do and expected much from her. But in the end shes just a sheep. guess it was to be expected. No reason to be interested in her anymore.

oh btw, what was with Halloween giving up so early O_o It looked like she wanted to surrender.

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-12-05 at 00:23.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 00:24   Link #184
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
West was also Tashas Master btw. The one who gave him halloween. Varete also stole his sister from him and turning her evil. It would be some shock to Tasha if it was his master who has kidnapped his sister.
Wait wasn't that Edea who was Tasha's master and who gave him Halloween? Are West and Edea the same person cuz my memory is a bit fuzzy on that.
Old 2012-12-05, 00:26   Link #185
Velsy

hmm,I might of messed up, I thought West was the master ?

If I'm wrong just scratch that. It's true that I guess I could of been getting people mixed up <.< Going to start re-reading it tho after lunch.
Old 2012-12-05, 00:28   Link #186
Richocet
Lover of Purity

No cuz I have sort of speculated that West and Edea might be the same cuz Tasha did feel a sort of longing for Varete and the other student learnt that Edea was alive after meeting Varete
Old 2012-12-05, 01:27   Link #187
Ddraig

West might be Edea that make sense and Varette might have been Edea supporter in the past.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 03:17   Link #188
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'm not too surprised by the appearance at the end. Figured with things getting this intense she might just appear. Good thing since this might have turned into a crazy brawl. Though I suppose she could say her piece and leave them to fighting .

I'm just glad that annoying flashback arc is done and the main plot is moving again.
Old 2012-12-05, 04:07   Link #189
KLGChaos
The Shermain

What I find kind of scary is that Yue/Xing seems to get more screen time and development than Tasha does.
Old 2012-12-05, 04:21   Link #190
Velsy

Since its been so long I guess I have room for error. But I was pretty sure amungst conversations between West and East. West told East about a boy she was training. East was more or less asking her why she bother wasting time doing such a thing. Thats why I thought East knew about Tasha right from the begining.
Old 2012-12-05, 09:19   Link #191
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^Well its not like I'm saying that you're wrong and should thus be punished accordingly lol
I just thought that West and Edea were the same and it was shown in the manga somewhere and I forgot about it
Old 2012-12-05, 11:10   Link #192
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Thats why I thought East knew about Tasha right from the begining.
As far as I remember she was talking about Ryuhwan. She didn't yet have Tasha as her disciple back then
DarkDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 14:18   Link #193
Johnny
Working the bags...

And nothing really happens yet again. With only one chapter left I guess we'll have to wait another 6 months or so to see more Tasha/Halloween time, maybe...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:19   Link #194
omegasereon

I thought west was varete since it was hinted that west was considered dead and varete died once before. Don't know why shes working with north though.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 19:10   Link #195
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Chapter 78 just proves my point. Not even Merlin would stand a chance. And honestly, I don't have much faith in Tasha. Even when he broke his limit, he still lost easily to the other gun-using guy. Anytime there's been a real important battle, he's lost. Hell, he gets called weak on a regular basis by most of the characters and he hasn't really gotten any stronger since the series started. We can hope him having a mana source wil eventually make him stronger, but given the pacing, I don't expect anything to change for at least another 10 years at the rate it's going.
IIRC, Tasha has only lost 3 fights in the series (Varete, Ryuhwn and Lancelot) and all 3 of those guys had much more experience and power than he did. He's actually praised quite a bit (especially by East) and has been the 5th ranked amongst all Black WHs since the beginning of the story. Even North has plans for him specifically and she is merely using Aria as bait to control him. He's skills have grown considerably in the past months now he's able to handle the Desert Eagle's huge Mana drain. All he needs to do is get better control over the "Moire equipment" and than he's pretty nearly unstoppable.

Quote:
What I find kind of scary is that Yue/Xing seems to get more screen time and development than Tasha does.
The only time Yue got more screentime than Tasha was during his character arc that last 3 volumes. Until that point he made brief appearances and was pretty much just comic relief. Now unsurprising he's not going to show up in the plot for who knows how long since his character has essentially come full circle. Nothing usual, as most shounen leads are gradually developed over the course of the story rather than in one arc like side characters are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
I thought west was varete since it was hinted that west was considered dead and varete died once before. Don't know why shes working with north though.
If Varete is a revived West then she mostly likely had her memories altered, at least that how I see it.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-12-06 at 00:36.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 20:00   Link #196
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
If Varete is a revived West then she mostly likely had her memories altered, at least that how I see it.
Dunno about that, way the story hints at it is she is serving under North simply cause of something like a debt or contract that she can't get out of.
She seems to know of what happened in the past.
And yea the story has hinted at Varete being West but at same time that is also a big red herring.

It's the connection between her and Tasha that is the interesting part but at same time could lead to something rather cliche in the way that everything she's doing is for Tasha and his sister's(forgot her name) sake.

Btw loved the conversation between Tasha and East, when he says she was after his body and then East lands lethal blow, I honestly didn't expect that joke and it totally made me rofl
Old 2012-12-06, 08:21   Link #197
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
As far as I remember she was talking about Ryuhwan. She didn't yet have Tasha as her disciple back then
But since all the Witches like to know about their counter-likes, Tasha being a new disciple of West couldn't have remained secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
And nothing really happens yet again. With only one chapter left I guess we'll have to wait another 6 months or so to see more Tasha/Halloween time, maybe...
A new chapter released again by Nomanga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
As seen from Varete's actions and behavior till now, she must have had been a good friend of East. She was pretty pissed with Ryuwan when blaming him for East's death.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 09:15   Link #198
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Last I checked, isn't Tasha's (ex?)mentor/Teacher west(I forget her name)? Also, isn't Varete just someone else's really powerful sidekick/Subordinate/Aria's teacher?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 09:29   Link #199
kenjtr

The way i see it there is two kind of withes ; one of them is white witches who helps people make good deeds etc.. while other is black withes who is cruel and gets thear power from negative emotions etc.. Tashas sister seems to be choosed to become a black witch while his tacher was a white witch , i actually dont see any hope for aria since she killed way too many for redeem anyway varete seems like someone who is using nagativ powers so she wants to make aria bend her way .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:05   Link #200
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
As seen from Varete's actions and behavior till now, she must have had been a good friend of East. She was pretty pissed with Ryuwan when blaming him for East's death.
You mean edea right? East is that chick who rescued him out of britain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Last I checked, isn't Tasha's (ex?)mentor/Teacher west(I forget her name)? Also, isn't Varete just someone else's really powerful sidekick/Subordinate/Aria's teacher?
Edea is not west. She is just a strong white class WH that is stronger than Vihyungrang.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
realy slow updates