AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 06:06   Link #1901
magnuskn

So L-Elf likes to watch, huh?

Well, we'll see if this anime manages to defy expectations and that Saki and Haruto will have done more than just kissing. But common anime main protagonist purity laws probably will prevent that.
Old 2013-05-10, 06:06   Link #1902
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Who doesn't like Shoko? She's the best thing to occur in the entire setting
Pay a visit to /a/. You'll hate it. I'm sure.
Old 2013-05-10, 06:11   Link #1903
kuromitsu

Quote:
Who doesn't like Shoko? She's the best thing to occur in the entire setting
I like her, too, but she's the type of character that gets a lot of hate. :/ (I'll never understand why.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 06:15   Link #1904
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
How the hell did you get that out of my post? I mentioned no such thing and in fact I was trying to dissuade quick conclusions like yours.
It's for fun.

In any case, something big might happen in episode 7 for them to change the ED. I am just assuming the worst possible outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So L-Elf likes to watch, huh?

Well, we'll see if this anime manages to defy expectations and that Saki and Haruto will have done more than just kissing. But common anime main protagonist purity laws probably will prevent that.
How about Kira from GS.
Old 2013-05-10, 06:18   Link #1905
magnuskn

Well, this anime manages to defy expectations week after week, so I'm hopeful. I'd really like to see something else than just the typical love triangle, where the guy in the middle can't decide what to do. I'd really like it if Saki had taken that decision right out of his hand with this. ^^
Old 2013-05-10, 06:20   Link #1906
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
Well, that event's supposed to be a pre-celebration toward 2nd season (which will air 1-2 weeks after that event). I can imagine producers feels no need to invite VAs of characters that already dead in 1st season, would you? Also to save budget. TMR will cost high, I'm sure. Plus Angela, Elisa, and all those star VAs. 6600 yen itself is expensive.
I'm actually surprised. 6600+ yen is cheap for this line up. Consider Animelo costs 8k+ and the standard AFA concert in south east Asia costs....~9000 plus yen

Although admittedly, one has to factor in BD cost.

Quote:
Of course I do....years before this show aired.
Old 2013-05-10, 06:40   Link #1907
vanca

Quote:
I'm actually surprised. 6600+ yen is cheap for this line up. Consider Animelo costs 8k+ and the standard AFA concert in south east Asia costs....~9000 plus yen

Although admittedly, one has to factor in BD cost.

Not invite dead characters VA probably one of their effort to keep the cost "just" on 6600 yen. They have star-studded VAs for this show. Plus turns out that the tickets are limited, you only get it for sure when you buy BR/DVD. So it's not just 6600 yen after all.

Speaking about BD, here the boxset for vol.1, feature art by original character designer Katsura Hoshino (D Gray Man):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Well as a fellow who understand bit Japanese, I can assure you that Shoko is, at least until now, well-liked in Japan. In fact, she's among the top list of favorite Spring anime's heroines beside Tsukiko, Chiho, Mikasa, Yui. They even set an uproar just because her VA isn't in event's attendance list

Not a definite prove obviously, but here some of Japanese polls for Spring anime girls characters:

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41941/

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/42018/

Last edited by vanca; 2013-05-10 at 07:03.
vanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 07:08   Link #1908
Sides

(´~`)
Is this another sunrise series made just to sell merchandise and other paraphernalia? They are kind of pushing it, in recent years.
Sure you can make a lot of money selling toys and other stuff, by using an anime series as a promotional tool, but it doesn't mean that series needs to be bad.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 07:11   Link #1909
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Gotta share the cover for ELISA's upcoming single "Soba ni Iru yo" , the new ED song start from 7th eps onward.

Yup, call me tedious but this pic, as pretty as it is, clearly isn't a good premonition for Shoko. She def. looks like a ghost/soul At least I can prepare my heart if they'll really kill her later.

And while we're at it, I just bought new Animedia mag. Very complete dive into VVV's world, plenty new informations and pretty illustrations, if anyone interested:

Eh. I wouldn't jump into any conclusions just yet. She's looking way too happy to be a ghost and if anything it's just an excuse to show her naked. From what we've seen so far with Valvrave is that we will be trolled hard and almost all our predictions will be wrong.

But that doesn't mean we still can't have fun trying to guess things!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 07:20   Link #1910
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Eh. I wouldn't jump into any conclusions just yet. She's looking way too happy to be a ghost and if anything it's just an excuse to show her naked. From what we've seen so far with Valvrave is that we will be trolled hard and almost all our predictions will be wrong.

But that doesn't mean we still can't have fun trying to guess things!

it remind me of this
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 07:27   Link #1911
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleengine View Post

it remind me of this
Erementar gelade eh ... well but shoko is human, so i think death flag is more plausible.
I have a new theory regarding VVV pilots as:
Spoiler for pilots:

Though i said that, i still weighing with the idea Saki being the next pilot seeing the next episode have her as centric character.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 07:30   Link #1912
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Erementar gelade eh ... well but shoko is human, so i think death flag is more plausible.
I have a new theory regarding VVV pilots as:
Spoiler for pilots:

Though i said that, i still weighing with the idea Saki being the next pilot seeing the next episode have her as centric character.
well i really dont think that anime is fantasy enough for the students to see ghost.... or else every one can see
Old 2013-05-10, 07:50   Link #1913
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Wild Speculation - In an effort to stop one of L-Elf's plots, Shouko somehow gets absorbed into Haruto's Valvrave. She literally becomes one with the Valvrave (so that Elemental Gelade comparison may be an apt one ).

Haruto goes all "I must avenge Shouko!" again, and so he gets into his Valvrave, preparing to kick serious Dorssia ass. Then as he's tearing up, Shouko appears to him in ethereal form, wrapping those glowing ghostly arms around him, saying "It's Ok. I'm here with you, Haruto!"

Haruto's tears of sadness turns to tears of joy, as he's so relieved to discover that Shouko is still alive... albeit as 'the spirit' of his Valvrave!

"Let us save JIOR... together!" Shouko says.

"Right!" a choked-up and inspired Haruto replies, as he rides Shouko (i.e. his Valvrave) off into space, to combat the Dorssian army.

If the speculation holds true, Shouko may or may not turn back into a normal girl through some elaborate plot device at the end of the series (given the tone of this series, I'm guessing she will turn back into a normal girl at some point, if the speculation holds true).
Old 2013-05-10, 07:59   Link #1914
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Wild Speculation - In an effort to stop one of L-Elf's plots, Shouko somehow gets absorbed into Haruto's Valvrave. She literally becomes one with the Valvrave (so that Elemental Gelade comparison may be an apt one ).

Haruto goes all "I must avenge Shouko!" again, and so he gets into his Valvrave, preparing to kick serious Dorssia ass. Then as he's tearing up, Shouko appears to him in ethereal form, wrapping those glowing ghostly arms around him, saying "It's Ok. I'm here with you, Haruto!"

Haruto's tears of sadness turns to tears of joy, as he's so relieved to discover that Shouko is still alive... albeit as 'the spirit' of his Valvrave!

"Right!" a choked-up and inspired Haruto replies, as he rides Shouko (i.e. his Valvrave) off into space, to combat the Dorssian army.

If the speculation holds true, Shouko may or may not turn back into a normal girl through some elaborate plot device at the end of the series (given the tone of this series, I'm guessing she will turn back into a normal girl at some point, if the speculation holds true).
lol ... not possible that is Kurogane No LineBarrel last ep plot
Old 2013-05-10, 08:03   Link #1915
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleengine View Post
lol ... not possible that is Kurogane No LineBarrel last ep plot
I never watched Kurogane No LineBarrel so I wasn't aware of that.

Still, that Elisa pic that vanca brought up certainly is suggestive. It would be pretty red herring-esque if nothing unusual happens to Shouko (and/or if she doesn't die).
Old 2013-05-10, 08:13   Link #1916
Destined_Fate

You know...

We're all pretty obsessed with Shoko or Saki dying. >_>
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 08:14   Link #1917
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You know...

We're all pretty obsessed with Shoko or Saki dying. >_>
........................ i dont even know what this anime wants anymore, what the point of becoming a vampire to ride valvrave dont tell me it just a type of ownership mark that show that u can ride the valvrave
Old 2013-05-10, 08:16   Link #1918
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Lol...Asura Cryin'
Old 2013-05-10, 08:17   Link #1919
vanca

Quote:
I never watched Kurogane No LineBarrel so I wasn't aware of that.

Still, that Elisa pic that vanca brought up certainly is suggestive. It would be pretty red herring-esque if nothing unusual happens to Shouko (and/or if she doesn't die).
Just checked up any VVV's related news/reactions from Japan and pretty much 90% of them now sure Shoko gonna die Can't blame them really, her VA missing in upcoming event's attendance list + this Elisa cover, all in one day. Not to mention the pilling of all her death flags before, pretty much finally makes even the cynical ones convinced.

Yup, that's Linebarrel-esque. But with that title song Soba ni Iru yo + her transparent appearance beside him, Triple_R scenario is a given
vanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 08:20   Link #1920
battleengine

Quote:
Just checked up any VVV's related news/reactions from Japan and pretty much 90% of them now sure Shoko gonna die Can't blame them really, her VA missing in upcoming event's attendance list + this Elisa cover, all in one day. Not to mention the pilling of all her death flags before, pretty much finally makes even the cynical ones convinced.

Yup, that's Linebarrel-esque. But with that title song Soba ni Iru yo + her transparent appearance beside him, Triple_R scenario is a given
well i am going to try to be shock if the other ability of the vampire is to see ghost.....

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire