AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 11:05   Link #261
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

The black arts of psychedelia. I guess this is for fans of sludge/doom. I wonder what other secrets my country's (Finland) metal scene holds...

zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 17:50   Link #262
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I've known about these guys for awhile, thought I'd share. Super intense music, especially in their first album.
Old 2013-05-08, 12:01   Link #263
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

So one of my favourite metal acts from Finland released a new album a few days ago. They play thrash/hardcore.

zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:40   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Somehow I think this got missed in the postings -- Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman died of liver failure after a long fight with a nasty spider bite that gave him necrotizing fasciitis.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...death/2134379/

=-=================
Also some idiot "christian metal" singer got himself arrested for plotting his wife's death. Naturally the news articles all mention his metal connection but only one or two mention that he's a "born again Christian" who does "Christian metal".

So it goes.
Old 2013-05-09, 08:58   Link #265
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I discovered these guys some time back. I very much enjoy the mix of rougher and smoother lyrics, especially in this song.

Similar with The Unguided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I've known about these guys for awhile, thought I'd share. Super intense music, especially in their first album.
+1 for Sybreed. I love them due to their somewhat unique sound.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 05:31   Link #266
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Currently my favourite Japanese metal band is Baby Metal. Their latest song Megitsune is so nice. Japanese trandtional folk song and metal rock mixed in. The lyrics is good too. I still don't understand what Megitsune mean though. The girls wearing kitsune kamen, jumping and shouting is really fun to watch. Easily one of my favorite. I like their song Doki Doki Morning too. I was humming "Ima nanji" the whole morning after listening to their song.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 23:29   Link #267
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Something that caught the normally dismal "America's Got Talent" by surprise. Just ... watch. Heh! They even wrote an original tune. Metal starting young, yay.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-06-30 at 11:52.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 08:45   Link #268
BoyTitan

Huge Death.Trash and metal core fan here =D.

Old 2013-08-11, 03:24   Link #269
bigdeal000
malefic

In my quest to discover as much poooooooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer as possible, I found this and thought I'd share
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 20:08   Link #270
SkyHejhogianMaestro

Yes, yes, yes!
My latest infatuation has been doom metal. Thick, gooey, sludgy trad/epic doom. Right now, I've been finding various channels dedicated to the subgenre. From there came a love for psychedelic, stoner, funeral, and death/doom and ironically enough it moved to stoner rock, psychedelic rock, blues rock, jazz, and- get this- electroswing and electrohouse. What an evolution.
I thank Electric Wizard for revealing to me the brain busting concept that not only can metal go in a speed different than 'fast, faster, and fastest' but also that you can play crushingly slowly, without double bass pedals or growled vocals, and be amongst the heaviest of all time.
SkyHejhogianMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 03:05   Link #271
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, I have only taking fond of Metal with Sabaton. But could anyone recommend another great band?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 09:31   Link #272
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, I have only taking fond of Metal with Sabaton. But could anyone recommend another great band?
Kind of depends on whether you want more like Sabaton or have wider tastes in music. I like a variety of metal that includes a lot of forms that some of the narrow subgenre purists sneer at. I like Ozzie, Evanescence, "old" Metallica, Alice Cooper (who is as much punk as metal I suppose), Yngwie J. Malmsteen, System of a Down, Motorhead, Alice in Chains, Saxon, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, ...

crap, it's a long list and I haven't even gotten to more recent bands that catch my ear.

Note many of the bands I listed some metal types would loudly deny were "metal", mostly because they mistakenly think the subgenre they like is all there is to metal, variation on the Narutard behavior, or they have no grasp of the history of metal and how it has evolved. About the only trend I have in my ear is I'm getting a bit tired of death growling. Too many bands sound essentially the same if they're not careful.
Old 2013-09-07, 04:54   Link #273
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I've just discovered a new band yesterday called Haken from Britain. They play sort of cross between progressive rock and metal. They are technical and heavy enough to be compared to Dream Theater and yet melodic and gentle enough and compared to the progressive band of yesteryears. The vocal is exceptionally strong. My personal favourite fact about the band is all the instruments seem to play equal parts and not just guitar. Personally, if I may be so bold, I would like to compare them to Queen as they experiment with harmonic vocals and the songs are quite theatrical and flamboyant.

They just released their third album 5 days ago, I think. Finished listening to each tracks, they definitely have a brighter future ahead after all the tracks. Very complex, yet quite restrained to hold back the technicality and craft this quirky atmosphere their music possesses. Each three albums are quite different when I listened their few of discography tracks.

Spoiler for Two of the tracks that are especially memorable.:
Old 2013-09-07, 07:41   Link #274
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
While I dislike most of the bands vexx listed (they are metal, they're just not my cup of tea) he's right about diversity. you should search for as much stuff as possible and pick the ones you like yourself. sites like metalstorm, metalcrypt, metal-archives, sputnikmusic would be a great help (at least they helped me). wikipedia works too. as for sabaton...powerwolf is really similar but it's not about war (it's about werewolves, vampires and demons). Grave Digger has some history inspired albums (knights of the cross, excalibur). These 3 bands are "power metal", and I could write a reeeaaaally long list of power metal bands but really, I dunno if you would like them. as to bands I like from other genres...seventh wonder, circus maximus, epica, nightwish, theatre of tragedy, tears of magdalena, children of bodom, iced earth, powerman 5000, the agonist, lamb of god, annihilator, manilla road, skyclad, etc...

edit: now that I think about it, you could also try accept's latests albums "blood of the nations" and "stalingrad". running wild sings about pirates if you're interested.....and really...it's a huge world. I'm gonna stop here, before I get dizzy.

Last edited by bigdeal000; 2013-09-07 at 08:01.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:21   Link #275
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Grave Digger and Powerwolf I like a lot ... I'm not sure if some would call Wolfmother (out of Australia) a metal band (I tend to think of them as on the line between hard rock and metal) -- but I enjoy them.
Old 2013-11-29, 22:14   Link #276
smbjoshy

Good band I just discovered called Ready Set Fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3UNfQ4Do9w
smbjoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 22:29   Link #277
smbjoshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I would like to point out my favorite band of all time, just to get some interest into others potentially.

TooL, my band of worship and even teaching. They have to be next to the most intelligent and philosophical band out there, if not the apex. Their music is epic poetry incarnate, lyrics speaking of incredible things from our own humanity to the universes laws.

They sing satires on religion, and denounce the idiots of modern culture, all with beautifully woven words and deliverance. I cannot stress their artistry and capability.

Not only this, but they are one of the few blatant demonstrations of musical-leanings changing during careers. At first they were mainly a metal/industrial band, but over several albums have transitioned to a progressive metal band. As far as progressives go, they are the peak and the leader.

Opinion is opinion of course, and I'm speaking just that.
Word has it that they're planning on releasing a new album next year. Knowing Tool, it should be as amazing as just about every one of their major releases
smbjoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 22:53   Link #278
Haladflire65
*Artist

I discovered Ne Obliviscaris today, they have some really great prog/melodeath stuff!

YouTube
Old 2014-01-09, 07:29   Link #279
BotchkosVertigo
Wilting Member

I listen to a lot of Metal and Rock, mostly Traditional and New Wave Heavy Metal, Doom Metal, Acid and Psychedelic Rock, early Satanic Rock and Metal, Progressive, Proto, and Sludge.

I will list my top ten.
1. Coven
2. Iron Maiden
3. King Diamond
4. Pentagram
5. Jacula
6. Witchcraft
7. Witchfinder General
8. Pagan Altar
9. Bathory
10. Skinflint
BotchkosVertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 03:31   Link #280
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One of the local metal bands where I haunt (Portland, Oregon) snared a spot on the late night Letterman talk show last night.
Small shout out to Red Fang and their national debut:
YouTube

Tags
metal