AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 20.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 4.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 29.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 20.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 12.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 4.17%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-02, 02:33   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Danganronpa - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Danganronpa ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2013-10-02, 06:05   Link #2
hamazura
whatever

as a game player, this adaptation is very bad, more like 'game summary' rather than the animation
sorry 4/10
Old 2013-10-03, 00:17   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

A double-punch of bad quality and rushing.
It's obviously a cheap attempt at advertising the games, but... well...
The thing is, a bad anime does not help advertise the games. When I see a bad anime, I don't gain the urge to read the original source. NO! If it is interesting, THEN I go and read the original source. Like Love Lab!
And on top of uninteresting, unmotivated content, the story is apparently pretty much just a digest version of the original story. On top of that, they use a lot of what the game used for visual content. So on top of being uninteresting, the viewers already know what happens in the story. Doesn't that just make you want to buy the game.

The mystery was bad. The culprits always brings about their own demise.
When they are found to be the culprit, ALL of that have the same reaction.
The content was very rushed, but it felt like it slowed down near the end when the rules were torn down for a new development, so it was more bearable near the end, not counting the last episode.
The characters weren't particularly memorable, the end had Naegi starting some hope cult, and they tried to hint at a 2nd season. OF THIS QUALITY?! Oh god no.
I don't know don't care how interesting the original game is, but as far as this anime shows me, if I wanted a mystery, I'd do Ace Attorney. If I wanted something less serious, I'd get Nougami Neuro. If I wanted a character game, there are way too many in the PS consoles anyways.

2/10
I'll give it one point for being funny to a degree. Though now I am laughing AT it, not WITH it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-10-03, 19:34   Link #4
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

after hearing that this anime is like a summary, i went ahead to spoil myself by reading the walkthrough and indeed its much more detailed.
Old 2013-10-08, 07:35   Link #5
Quol
That Guy

Compared to the game its not that good, but if i were to just to rate the anime without comparing it would be a 9/10 because i really liked the cases, they arent just someone using a psychic power to reach a conclusion you never would have gotten otherwise which is something i see too much these days
Old 2013-10-08, 22:41   Link #6
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

I really liked the anime. Danganronpa was actually my favorite anime of the season (it's the only one I bothered to keep up with week to week and I've found myself thinking about picking up the game even though I don't have a Vita). My biggest problem with it came from the community side of things, where a few game-players thought it would be cute or funny to put major spoilers in unlabeled spoiler tags or even out in the open in their own signature.

I wonder what some game-players wanted out of this anime. Character interactions? You can't even get all of them from a single playthrough, so of course the anime would cut a lot of them. And yeah, they generally cut out most of the investigations, but I didn't have any problems with that as an anime viewer. Even if they'd shown them, there wouldn't have been any time for the viewers to process them unless the anime spent a whole extra episode for each investigation. And what would that have been like? Huge portions of episodes taken up by "Oooh, that looks important! Oooh, that looks important!"? That would have gotten old, fast.
Old 2013-10-08, 23:05   Link #7
Safranin

I found it really boring after the first few episodes, and i've never played the game.
Old 2013-11-08, 23:00   Link #8
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I only watched this on a whim and I'm not familar with the game, but I liked it.

Hard to take this series seriously when everyone be bleeding pink and you got characters like the Trap, whatever the hell Ohgami was, Junko and Genofuckin'Cider ....