Meer 94 30.82%
Lacus 211 69.18%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-08, 23:41   Link #1
really
Strawberry Ice Cream

Talking Meer Campbell VS Lacus Clyne

I was wondering what do you guys think about Meer and Lacus,
It seems Meer is less liked than lacus, and despite being Lacus's replacement shes very different from her, I think they picked the wrong person to replace Lacus

So just wondering who do you perfer Lacus or Meer ???

I kinda liked Meer better *runs from Lacus fans*
Meer is much more complex then Lacus who is straight forward "Good"
She becomes lost in herself unsure of who she is, its very sad how she soon starts believing she is Lacus, I loved how she was like Athruns Stalker
really is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 23:45   Link #2
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I liked Meer better too. I thought her personality was extremely annoying but she has a much more interesting character than Lacus did in GSD.
Old 2006-04-08, 23:49   Link #3
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by really
I think they picked the wrong person to replace Lacus
I disagree, I think they pick the right person to replace Lacus. Gilbert needs someone who can be an idol as well as play the part of a morale booster. And Meer filled these two positions well enough, too bad Athrun got in the way and Lacus is alive and active. But anyways, they don't need someone who thinks like Lacus, otherwise she'd be hard to handle.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 23:49   Link #4
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

lololz "

Quote:
It seems Meer is less liked than lacus,
im sure some people wont agree with that :P
but anyway, IMO, meer has a much more interesting character development than lacus. Goody two shoes just turns out to be boring. Especially when meer at the end, her * innocent * wishes come exposed, brings her fanboyism ^ by 50% :P
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 00:12   Link #5
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

... Meer... she was... you know... interesting and real and stuff. Until she died. Her death was so cliche... but she still owned Lacus in interestingness and developedcharacterness and... bouncing-ness.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 00:13   Link #6
really
Strawberry Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
I disagree, I think they pick the right person to replace Lacus. Gilbert needs someone who can be an idol as well as play the part of a morale booster. And Meer filled these two positions well enough, too bad Athrun got in the way and Lacus is alive and active. But anyways, they don't need someone who thinks like Lacus, otherwise she'd be hard to handle.
I was just compairing the two, i wasn't being serious
That very true Lacus stands fermly in what she believes in. Gilbert just needed someone to control the public with, someone to mold into want he wanted

wow, i thought alot of people prefered Lacus maybe its just the people I've been talking to
Old 2006-04-09, 00:16   Link #7
monster

Yeah, I get that, just can't help myself.

About who people like more, it can be different from place to place. It's just the way it is.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 01:30   Link #8
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Just give her time.. Lacus cult members will surface.. and put the copycat in her "rightfull" place
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 02:47   Link #9
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Since this is about who does most people prefer, I'll say Meer.

Lacus is great, shes perfect like a goddess, which makes her unreal, too unreal.

While Meer is more realistic in the sense that she expresses emotions we can relate with.

Well I kinda like the both of them as much, but meer wins because she has a great figure lol

I love my RAHDX Meer, but i cant get myself to buy Lacus's figures, shes a little too slim for my tastes
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 03:21   Link #10
4Tran

For me, this isn't much of a contest. While I like Meer, I think that Lacus is the most complex and interesting character in Destiny; and in all of Gundam as well. There's no other Gundam character who makes me work as hard to figure out what she's up to and what makes her tick. I think that Lacus is one of the few characters that hold up well compared to the best characters in anime.
Old 2006-04-09, 05:35   Link #11
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I like Meer better than Lacus. She was interesting, and even if she knew Dullindal was using her, she still gave it her all, for she believed that what she was doing was for the people, even though it would seem that she was Lacus' replacement only.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 05:41   Link #12
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
For me, this isn't much of a contest. While I like Meer, I think that Lacus is the most complex and interesting character in Destiny; and in all of Gundam as well. There's no other Gundam character who makes me work as hard to figure out what she's up to and what makes her tick. I think that Lacus is one of the few characters that hold up well compared to the best characters in anime.
That's a pretty high claim, though I'd say you're giving Lacus a lot more credit than she deserves. Obviously her motives are keeping Naturals and Coordinators from killing each other needlessly. Her father had a similar stance and it definitely rubbed off on her. As a leader, her dialogue is simple and to the point, and she has many people doing the dirty work for her. And if you don't agree with her, it's her army vs. you. Very predictable. She doesn't do much and she is just one of many voices in the leadership of the Terminal organization. Most complex and interesting character in all of Gundam? Dude, please, there are so many more complex characters than Lacus.
Old 2006-04-09, 07:13   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'd have to say I like Lacus more than Meer.

Wow, Obi and I agree on something! I completely agree on all of Obi's points. Lacus is far below the title of "most complex character in Gundam."
Old 2006-04-09, 07:33   Link #14
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Meer bounced with every step, and dressed skimpily.

She was a whore.

So..

Meer FTW
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 07:50   Link #15
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Wow, Obi and I agree on something! I completely agree on all of Obi's points. Lacus is far below the title of "most complex character in Gundam."
I as well. We all would have to have at least one opinion in common sooner or later, don't we? (Maybe this is just BS but...meh.)

First, Meer had a better characterization after Flay. Even though she was naive, but she was pretending to be her favorite idol, Lacus Clyne. She had even lost her own face (which I don't think anybody complained about it) and even herself. Hell, I began to suspect that Meer was beginning to suffer from schizophrenia at the episode when Athrun wanted to escape with her. IIRC, she said something about that she is Lacus Clyne and the other one that exist was a fake. She believed in this too much, and maybe that's why she showed at least a symptom of the fatal mental illness.

And how you realized I didn't talk about her body yet? Even though Lacus had a better body for my taste, Meer's body was very...appealing...

P.S: I just hope that this thread turn into a flame war thread.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 08:29   Link #16
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
That's a pretty high claim, though I'd say you're giving Lacus a lot more credit than she deserves. Obviously her motives are keeping Naturals and Coordinators from killing each other needlessly. Her father had a similar stance and it definitely rubbed off on her.
You're close, but that's not quite correct.

Quote:
As a leader, her dialogue is simple and to the point, and she has many people doing the dirty work for her.
This is an example of excellent leadership. You're supposed to delegate the proper tasks to the proper people. I also really like the fact that her dialogue as a leader are simple and to the point. Anime gets way too many verbose leaders as it is.

Quote:
And if you don't agree with her, it's her army vs. you. Very predictable. She doesn't do much and she is just one of many voices in the leadership of the Terminal organization.
I'm afraid that this part isn't correct at all. While what she does may not always be complex, her reasons for acting and her timing definitely are. Here's a simple little demonstration: go over her actions throughout Destiny and try to figure out what she decided to do and why she's doing it. If you can do that without resorting to out-of-universe explanations, then you'll have an inkling of what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Most complex and interesting character in all of Gundam? Dude, please, there are so many more complex characters than Lacus.
Nope, no one comes even close (unless he or she is hiding in F91). You just don't know what you're missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
Hell, I began to suspect that Meer was beginning to suffer from schizophrenia at the episode when Athrun wanted to escape with her. IIRC, she said something about that she is Lacus Clyne and the other one that exist was a fake. She believed in this too much, and maybe that's why she showed at least a symptom of the fatal mental illness.
Meer wasn't suffering from mental illness at all; she had simply invested too much into her persona as Lacus to let it go. In a way, her role was exactly what she had always dreamed of: fame, adulation, importance. She reacted strongly towards Athrun's offer of escape because partially because it meant losing all of that. Partially, it was because the people around her were acting completely differently from what she expected. And partially because she was simply a normal girl caught up in a situation that overwhelmed her. Destiny episode 46 pretty much explains everything, although you do have to read between the lines.
Old 2006-04-09, 09:19   Link #17
Slayerx

Hmmm... this is actually a hard one

Lacus is a goddess... she's completely uninteresting and unbelievable... she's as dull as dirt, there is a nice long list of far more interesting gundam leaders out there... not to mention i find her leadership position in gundam to be very unbelievable

And Meer... i just plain don't like Meer... i think i give her credit as being more interesting, but my dislike for her just seriosuly turns me away
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 11:37   Link #18
really
Strawberry Ice Cream

I kinda figured Lacus would come up again

I dont believe Lacus is complex at all, its quiet obvious what shes going to do
and whats shes going to say.

I think Meer was awsome, Its only to be expected that she'd find herself believing she was Lacus, she got to be her idol, its not that she had mental Illness, just think, everytime she looked in the mirror who did she see? everytime someone talked to her whose name did they say? I think its kinda logical that she would soon find herself being she is Lacus when all she had was a picture to remind her that she wasn't

As for whose hawter I'd say Meer
((I think this is her best picture =3))
Old 2006-04-09, 12:02   Link #19
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
Common what are you talking about guys ?! my meer wins all the time
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 12:04   Link #20
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I warned you, you guys dont want to start picture wars with me
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote