Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 09:37   Link #141
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I expect Byakuya to transform now.
Bloodlust Byakuya, anyone?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 10:16   Link #142
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

If he actually dies...

well shit =\
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 14:28   Link #143
Calca
Expressionless

Well if Byakuya dies then in traditional forum fashion I'm sure Kubo will be bashed for killing him though he was bashed for not killing anyone earlier.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 15:12   Link #144
sayde

I've no problems with Byakuya dying at this point in the game. Though I do think he deserves to go out in a bigger blaze of glory than what we have here. So if he's gotta go, I hope he gets back up next chapter with at least one more trick to try. Lets see a new level 90 kido for instance.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 19:48   Link #145
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I've no problems with Byakuya dying at this point in the game. Though I do think he deserves to go out in a bigger blaze of glory than what we have here. So if he's gotta go, I hope he gets back up next chapter with at least one more trick to try. Lets see a new level 90 kido for instance.
Ya but if you kill him quickly you have a bigger Worf effect than the usual Worf dying (Komamura)
Old 2012-07-19, 21:58   Link #146
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Ya but if you kill him quickly you have a bigger Worf effect than the usual Worf dying (Komamura)
I think if Byakuya dies during this battle, it'll have a major effect (in comparison to someone like Komamura dying) regardless of whether he gets in one final shot or not. So since the end result would be the same in that regard, I think it would be a smarter move for Kubo to give such a major supporting character (with a considerable fanbase) a death that does his character some justice at the very least.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:19   Link #147
Excelion

Totally agree. He deserves a better death than this. Spent all of one chapter on it, some of which was spent talking about Renji's inadequacy.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:52   Link #148
Calca
Expressionless

Personally I don't think he'll die. Renji will either take the blow or interfere somehow.

Killing Renji off wouldn't be bad though because he's basically the Piccolo to Ichigo's Goku
Old 2012-07-20, 00:48   Link #149
ReinhartX

i can see it now....next chapter byakuya doing that skill that yoruichi taught him....then as nodt realizes he just shredded the haori only
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 00:51   Link #150
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
i can see it now....next chapter byakuya doing that skill that yoruichi taught him....then as nodt realizes he just shredded the haori only
Byakuya is going to shove his boob into Nodt's face?
Old 2012-07-20, 03:57   Link #151
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Or teabag him. Oh wait, that's gonna be painful.

Oh god, what's with all these ideas about a completely OOC Byakuya wrecking the shit of the Sternrudders?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:27   Link #152
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
For some reason, reading this post reminded me of Karasu vs Kurama in YuYu Hakusho. Following that thinking, I expect Byakuya to transform now.
you think he'll transform into a fox demon covered in sakura petals?
Old 2012-07-20, 18:49   Link #153
Critias

If I recall correctly, in the SS arc, Renji took a Byakuya Bankai to the face, and he still lived.

I'd think that Byakuya would live if RENJI did.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 22:40   Link #154
SeanQ

Steal bankai...learn to use bankai in less than 5 seconds of releasing...shame Byakuya win
Old 2012-07-21, 05:34   Link #155
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh man..... my favorite and badass character was defeated... T__T

anyway, what is gekka tenshou?? Is it a bad translation??
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:34   Link #156
ReinhartX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
If I recall correctly, in the SS arc, Renji took a Byakuya Bankai to the face, and he still lived.

I'd think that Byakuya would live if RENJI did.
well hiyori got sliced in half horizontally yet almost every arrancar died due to slash wounds and hiyori lived

so i doubt logic really applies in bleach
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 10:41   Link #157
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
well hiyori got sliced in half horizontally yet almost every arrancar died due to slash wounds and hiyori lived

so i doubt logic really applies in bleach
no she wasn't cut in half, more like to half. also byakuya isnt fighting to win, rather draw out then enemy's abilities. then renji will kill him/her. dont forget also renji had a major power boost as well, for h e was training to be able to kill aizen. also i must express my anger at how, once again....o god whats his name? the flower pink cape captain w.e. is once again fighting a dual wielding pistol faggot, no creativity at all.
Old 2012-07-21, 15:25   Link #158
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindblower View Post
no she wasn't cut in half, more like to half.
wat?

top part of her body was separated from her bottom half...Gin sliced her in half.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 15:39   Link #159
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindblower View Post
no she wasn't cut in half, more like to half. also byakuya isnt fighting to win, rather draw out then enemy's abilities. then renji will kill him/her. dont forget also renji had a major power boost as well, for h e was training to be able to kill aizen. also i must express my anger at how, once again....o god whats his name? the flower pink cape captain w.e. is once again fighting a dual wielding pistol faggot, no creativity at all.
The anime censored it and just made it a really bad cut.

In the manga she was completely bifurcated. She looked behind her and her lower half was falling to the ground.
Old 2012-07-22, 03:40   Link #160
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice chap, but yeah killing Byakuya 1 chap into the fight would be pretty lame. And Zaraki's fear would obviously be something happening to Yachiru.

Tags
bleach, chapter