AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 14 22.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 44.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 21.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-10, 17:52   Link #181
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
IS that a vote for the TSAB??
okay I guess you say that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Why do some police forces condone the use of live ammo but allow the use of rubber bullets and tazers?
I know where your going with this but also take into account that in the Nanoverse magical beats physical this is why the TSAB never had non-magical individuals working for them because if your fight a mage on mage battle you'll need a mage whos power is equal or greater then the enemy to beat him/her. Physical damage wouldn't do jack to a magical shild and as for the AFM's I don't think that kind of tech is around for just anybody to pick up...

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2007-06-10 at 18:37.
Old 2007-06-10, 18:37   Link #182
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
...this is way the TSAB never had non-magical individuals working for them...
Genya has no magical ability. Most of the characters we've seen so far have magical ability, but that doesn't mean to say that the TSAB is filled with mages, that's far from it. They probably have scores of non-magical staff not just in support but also on the front lines as well.

Quote:
Physical damage wouldn't do jack to a magical shild
And how may I ask do you know that? All we've seen so far is mage-on-mage battles. For all we know there could be an EMP-type weapon out there, as well as melee weapons that can negate magical barriers (think AMF-coated blades or similar).

Quote:
...and as for the AFM's I don't think that kind of tech is around for just anybody to pick up...
The black market is a wonderful thing.
Old 2007-06-10, 19:02   Link #183
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Genya has no magical ability. Most of the characters we've seen so far have magical ability, but that doesn't mean to say that the TSAB is filled with mages, that's far from it. They probably have scores of non-magical staff not just in support but also on the front lines as well.
I meant in terms of combat usage but as fare as stuff like communications, medical treatment, and other non-combat roles there is no doubt in my mind that the TSAB have plenty of non-magical users working in those fields. however I've never seen a non-magic user on the battle field yet. As for Genya...whos that again? sorry I can't recall that name....

Quote:
And how may I ask do you know that? All we've seen so far is mage-on-mage battles. For all we know there could be an EMP-type weapon out there, as well as melee weapons that can negate magical barriers (think AMF-coated blades or similar).
Back in A's we saw Vita use a melee attack on Nanoha during their first encounter and she deflected it. Mind you if it weren't for the cartridge system Vite was using it may have done nothing to her. Also yea we don't know if AMF type melee weapons are around or not but until I actually see one I'm sticking with my Magical beats Physical theory.

Quote:
The black market is a wonderful thing.
Okay you got me here....but still difficult for normal people to get their hands one. Evil mad man with lots of underworld connections different story.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2007-06-10 at 20:14.
Old 2007-06-10, 19:11   Link #184
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Well, took me a while to get the RAW since the versions on NicoNico didn't work. Had to read that chat log on the right side, next to the videos to find where to download them. Then, getting the RAWs in 2 files, spent half an hour trying to figure the goddamn password. -_-; Then there was a hint on the download page that took me a while to translate: "The password is the White Devil." (Hint was in Japanese. <.<) I was like... *lightbulb!*... Who is this White Devil they speak of? >.>; Then, I figured out the password.

Anyway... episode thoughts:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-10, 19:32   Link #185
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I thought so ok so far the votes are

1: TSAB -- 2
2: Church -- 1
3: Other -- 0

Ill try and keep track of it ^^
I vote 1, for the sure heck of the kick if the villian of the season turns out to be a "Durandal", not the device mind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
They don't have to repeat GSD, so instead of showing how bad is war they may tell that "war can sometimes be necessary to make society better", or "a good war justifies the goals" - fighting makes humanity evolve after all
I hope that's not from the good side, or Nanoha's mouth, cos that gives me Bush vibes.
Old 2007-06-10, 20:21   Link #186
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
ok so on that note who does everyone think the clientis:
1: TSAB
2: Church
3: Other

OK here is the Poll update ^^

1: TSAB -- 5
Spoiler for Who voted for this.:

2: Church -- 2

3: Other -- 1

Last edited by Ratler; 2007-06-10 at 20:36.
Old 2007-06-10, 20:50   Link #187
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Cappery/summary et all
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=133

Really liked the episode. They're finally giving form to the baddie squad and throwing the rookies into some actual combat instead of training. That said, the stock animation annoyed me, especially since there really was very little breathtaking action stuff otherwise.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:05   Link #188
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Alright finally got the episode and after a few pages I'm back. I'd say it seems likely there could be corruption in the TSAB ranks and this client could be in there.

Spoiler for Episode Thoughts:

Good episode with a lot of things going on.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:11   Link #189
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I hope that's not from the good side, or Nanoha's mouth, cos that gives me Bush vibes.
I'd expect from Hayate

------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't call physical weapons inferior to magic so fast. Even if in most cases it loses in terms of raw power there're several features about it that would make it more effective. I can understand the ban of its public usage but the military should've kept it (unless they're showing an example this way).
Old 2007-06-10, 21:12   Link #190
GUTB_

What are the Japanes fans saying about the attrocious animation of this series?
Old 2007-06-10, 21:21   Link #191
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post
What are the Japanes fans saying about the attrocious animation of this series?
The what now? It hasn't really been up to the condensed greatness of the first two seasons, but it has still definitely been consistently above average compared to the overwhelming majority of stuff out there.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:24   Link #192
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and the way tea holds cross mirage vs 2 is still dangerous @_@ (since when did she learn cloaking :O)
Episode 1

In any case, I just finished watching the episode. Hrmm… how many characters are they planning on introducing? We already have around 20… even by the end of the series I think we'll have more than a 1:1 Character:Episode ratio.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:24   Link #193
GUTB_

Are you calling the animation "above average"?

Wow.

I guess there are no complaints from the Japanese fans then.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:28   Link #194
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
They didn't want nanoha to blast the type-2th's cuz there wont be any planet after the PINK BIG BANG
Old 2007-06-10, 21:53   Link #195
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post
Are you calling the animation "above average"?

Wow.

I guess there are no complaints from the Japanese fans then.
Why should the japanese fans' complaints bother you? I wouldn't expect a 26-episode season to have top animation when even the 13-episode ones weren't flawless. It's perfectly watchable for me.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:55   Link #196
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Why should the japanese fans' complaints bother you? I wouldn't expect a 26-episode season to have top animation when even the 13-episode ones weren't flawless. It's perfectly watchable for me.
I support your statement fully. The show is actually starting to pick up now (maybe a little too much ) and we get to see some more action. There's nothing to complain about as far as I can see.
Old 2007-06-10, 22:01   Link #197
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I'm betting the DVD version will fix all the animation stuff.

Can't wait for someone to do DVD rips of the series.
Old 2007-06-10, 22:05   Link #198
Meophist

Alright, in this episode, there were 15 named combatants in battle at once(3 Aces, 4 Newbies, 1 Wolkenritter, Ginga, Fried, Reinforce II, Lutecia, Garyuu, 1 mystery character, Agito). The highest number previous to this in the Nanoha series was 11 at the end of A's(3 Aces, 4 Wolkenritter, Chrono, Yuuno, Arf, Lindy).
Old 2007-06-10, 22:09   Link #199
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Alright, in this episode, there were 15 named combatants in battle at once(3 Aces, 4 Newbies, 1 Wolkenritter, Ginga, Fried, Reinforce II, Lutecia, Garyuu, 1 mystery character, Agito). The highest number previous to this in the Nanoha series was 11 at the end of A's(3 Aces, 4 Wolkenritter, Chrono, Yuuno, Arf, Lindy).
Well, they were acting on different stages though instead of being gathered in one bunch. I wonder if the next development will involve personal battles for some characters or we're up to one big free-for-all match?
Old 2007-06-10, 22:11   Link #200
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Well, they were acting on different stages though instead of being gathered in one bunch. I wonder if the next development will involve personal battles for some characters or we're up to one big free-for-all match?
I'm not sure which one would be the most dangerous, but it would be fun to see some more battles
Closed Thread