AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 14:43   Link #1201
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

lol, now this is something I didnt expect. Not that I would complain about Soul Eater getting a sub forum
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 14:58   Link #1202
Kisuke06
I see...

Hey, great news.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 15:19   Link #1203
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
lol, now this is something I didnt expect. Not that I would complain about Soul Eater getting a sub forum
Now you know what to expect. There have been 17 pages of discussion in the last week alone -- over 40 posts every day. That produces a new forum.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 15:35   Link #1204
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yes finally Soul Eater has its own Sub Forum : Banzai Banzai :
Old 2008-04-24, 15:37   Link #1205
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
sub foum was long over due in a way, good things the mods waited for the actual story to begin before doing the special forums.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 15:39   Link #1206
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
sub foum was long over due in a way, good things the mods waited for the actual story to begin before doing the special forums.
Yeah, well... we've had a bit of practice at figuring out how and when to create these forums. We've almost figured it out now.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 15:54   Link #1207
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Just started watching Soul Eater a few days ago. I'm already addicted.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 16:30   Link #1208
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Oh dear, several posts were generated thanks to one of my comments.

I'll move along to the respective episodes threads, but wanted to give a few replies first to the earlier posts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Anyway, I do think the story has an obligation to explain what exactly a witch is at some point, but I don't think it's fundamentally weird for a story to portray beings which should be killed on sight.
Yeah, I am not trying to split hairs over something like this; I just find it a bit wierd that the good guys can kill certain people (witches and those that help them) with no problem whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
She is only one of the few rare exceptions among her kind unfortunately. Nobody knows if she will grow up to harm humans since her stiuation unique, Black Star could end up regretting it one day.
If a group of people tried to kill me since my younger days, I think there's a mighty good chance I could end up hating them as I grew up.

For all we know, the witches aggressive nature could very well be a defensive stance against generations of prejudice against them.
Old 2008-04-24, 16:41   Link #1209
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Yeah, I am not trying to split hairs over something like this; I just find it a bit wierd that the good guys can kill certain people (witches and those that help them) with no problem whatsoever.
Spoiler for For something that I'm 99% certain will be cut out from episode 7:

Until we're told otherwise, the best we can assume is the fact that Shinigami-sama wills it is reason enough. He is the Grim Reaper after all, he gets to decide who lives and dies.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 16:54   Link #1210
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That begs the question of, what is the Shinigami?

He has a son. Did he have a father? Will he die someday? Was he born in the not so distant past? What connection does he have with death?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 17:26   Link #1211
Iron Maw
Banned

All we know so far are that he and Kid are gods, though he does reveal a bit more about himself and the school (Shibusen) when a "certain somebody" appears later.

I assumed that he's not eternal through because Kid suppose take over his position one day.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 17:36   Link #1212
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Note: I'm mostly answering the claim that Shinigami's word is absolute, that he is "the Grim Reaper".

Gods, gods... Is there a difference in species between Maka and Kid? They're both weapon technicians. Is there a difference in species between Maka (weapon tech) and her father (weapon)?

Maybe Shinigami's just the leader of a clan of witches, at war with the other clans?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 18:01   Link #1213
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Note: I'm mostly answering the claim that Shinigami's word is absolute, that he is "the Grim Reaper".

Gods, gods... Is there a difference in species between Maka and Kid? They're both weapon technicians.?
He's Shinigami and does not need make Deathscythe for the current Shinigami. He's the only one besides the Shinigami-sama who can pass judgement on souls. Maka is a specially selected human who carries out the Shinigami's judgement.

Quote:
Is there a difference in species between Maka (weapon tech) and her father (weapon)?
It would be spoilerly if I awnser that, but Weapons can be considered humans.

Quote:
Maybe Shinigami's just the leader of a clan of witches, at war with the other clans?
That does not seem to be the case at all for your first point, but Shinigami is at war with Witches.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-04-24 at 18:15.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 18:14   Link #1214
vorpal83

Looks like we have our own subsection now.
vorpal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 22:52   Link #1215
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is quite a fine show - beautifully drawn, fine BGM, pretty well-written and on the whole a fist class BONES production (as you would expect). But I really think there were a couple of casting miscues with Soul and Kidd - neither voice fits the character at all, for me. It's not enough to sink the show, of course, but it does lessen the enjoyment.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:38   Link #1216
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Yeah, well... we've had a bit of practice at figuring out how and when to create these forums. We've almost figured it out now.
glad you almost figured it out . if you hadnt instead of winning i would have lost 20 euros to a bet.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:48   Link #1217
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Great job guys. That's what 60+ pages of actual discussion can do. Way to be!

You'll be seeing me around here quite a bit.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 06:14   Link #1218
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Sweet! it's got its own sub forum! I was waiting for this When only on episode 3 this forum had made alot of progress in discussion
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 06:29   Link #1219
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Yay! About time Soul Eater gots its own subforum xD I was worried that it might reach over a hundred pages . . . or even more. If I missed something, I can't recall the page I last read ^^; Ehehe . . the lesser I need to reread, the easier ^^;
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 09:39   Link #1220
Dove

Episode 3 was great, I really enjoyed it.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater