AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-10-01, 22:15   Link #2321
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
I like to think of her behavior as a sort of Beatrice Vi Britannia.

"I'm eeeeeevil! That's right, it was ME! I did it! I confess!" is basically her keeping Battler's righteous fury up.

Hence the reason she tortures Rosa in EP2's tea party, suddenly goes back to "EEEVIL" in EP3's phony Golden Land scene(I rewatched it, and it seemed like the first hint she was just pretending to be evil, what with Battler in tears asking her if she lied 3 times, and her having some difficulty busting out the troll face yet again.), and then acts evil one more time in the end by repeatedly mentioning Ange in EP4's tea party.

Also, I keep thinking if he does bring in a new piece, it's gotta be either Amakusa(Too mysterious to ignore, man) or 6-year old Ange(She apparently did believe in magic enough to contact Bernkastel.).

Ditto on the Lucifer idea.

i am still going by the theory

Battler = Amakuza though.

I highly doubt we'll be seeing Ange anytime soon (especially not a 6 year old one, I don't think he'll risk throwing in sister again)

You think we will ever know Asumu's appearance?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 05:08   Link #2322
Leinne
Who... am I?

Just one stupid comment:
In ep3 it's said that Kuwadorian (wich was most surely built by Kinzo) means 9 birds' retreat and that that mansion and Toraian share a similar name sense meaning Visitor's retreat. But my point is, Toraian was built by Krauss, not Kinzo, and Krauss SHOULDN'T have known the mansion of Kuwadorian before naming the other Toraian, but this fact means that Krauss did know about the existence of Kuwadorian, it would be a impossibility to say it was a coincidence and if Krauss built it, he was surely the one who gave it a name
Just one random thought when re-reading ep3
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 07:06   Link #2323
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's why I think Krauss probably knows the Kuadorian exists. It is said that Krauss payed people to investigate the island (in order to find the location of the secret gold). The Kuwadorian is a very big target to miss. Even more so considering there's an harbor near it. And there's also an huge fence around it. If they missed it they must be blind.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:24   Link #2324
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
If you think Krauss knows about Kuwadorian, what's your opinion about the gold Eva finds in episode 3? Why hadn't Krauss already removed it?

(As for missing Kuwadorian, it's very obvious if you get near it, but if Krauss focused on areas near the existing harbor, he wouldn't have seen it.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 12:02   Link #2325
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
If you think Krauss knows about Kuwadorian, what's your opinion about the gold Eva finds in episode 3? Why hadn't Krauss already removed it?

(As for missing Kuwadorian, it's very obvious if you get near it, but if Krauss focused on areas near the existing harbor, he wouldn't have seen it.)
You are also assuming that the gold is located somewhere in Kuwadorian. That is very likely to be the case yet it is not confirmed.

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2009-10-02, 12:24   Link #2326
rogerpepitone

Does it say anything about what sort of windows are used, particularly in the second floor guest bedroom?

I managed to patch up the last tough part in my explanation of ep 1, 2nd twilight (and this method may be useable for other crimes), but it requires a sash window and not a casement window.

As for the gold in episode 3, I agree that it isn't certain that it's in Kuwadorian, but from Okonogi's comments in episode 4, Eva did find Kuwadorian.

Let me rephrase: If Krauss has found Kuwadorian, how do you interpret the Eva / gold scenes in episode 3?
Old 2009-10-02, 14:29   Link #2327
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
i am still going by the theory

Battler = Amakuza though.

I highly doubt we'll be seeing Ange anytime soon (especially not a 6 year old one, I don't think he'll risk throwing in sister again)

You think we will ever know Asumu's appearance?
I'm very positive right now that Ryukishi is hiding development for Rudolf and Kyrie, so they can get their own arc to explain Battler's family issues, along with introducing Asumu.

Spoiler for EP 5:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 14:29   Link #2328
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You should know that already, I always refuted the idea that the gold is located in the kuwadorian.

It is probably a lot nearer than 2 kms from the Main house. althought probably the tunnel that leads to the kuwadorian also leads to the secret room with the gold. This is probably how Eva managed to get to the Kuwadorian.

BTW from this you should tell that finding the Kuwadorian isn't that hard, since the rescue squad found Eva there. I wonder how the idea of getting 10 frigging tons of gold couldn't warrant a thorough examination of the island. And I can't imagine how a rescue squad could be more motived than someone who's looking for such an huge amount of money.

Old 2009-10-06, 20:49   Link #2329
sword5880

Location: Iam korean but now i am living in bangkok[Thailand]
errrr
I want to ask everyone about "Who do you think Beato is"
of course from all the people in Rokkenjima
First I thought Shannon because she know about Battler in 6 years ago and she still remember perfectly so i thought she might know the Battler's Sin
but nowadays I began to thought that Jessica might be a Beato, because from Ep5 how she defend Natsuhi and by personality of Beato, which suit Jessica more the Shannon...

And Shannon being not that sad when George died

well thats my idea...
Now I want to ask everyone
"Who do you think Beato is?"
sword5880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 21:01   Link #2330
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for episode5:

Old 2009-10-06, 21:18   Link #2331
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
I have no interest in matters concerning your immediate family or your home. Where are we? Rokkenjima. The main residence of the Ushiromiya head family. ......Isn't there a sin you should remember, fitting for this place......?
Based on that quote from Beatrice from episode 4 I think that the sin involves Jessica.
The sin also doesn't involve Beatrice.
Therefore, Shannon is Beatrice imo.
Old 2009-10-06, 21:26   Link #2332
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

I personally hope that "Beatrice" isn't a character that we already know (i.e. Jessica or Shannon.) I love the three characters separately, with the personalities and quirks that have already been built for them, and would hate to see two of them smushed together :/ It almost seems like bad storytelling to me (not that I'm a lit major or anything....)
Old 2009-10-06, 21:32   Link #2333
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
I personally hope that "Beatrice" isn't a character that we already know (i.e. Jessica or Shannon.) I love the three characters separately, with the personalities and quirks that have already been built for them, and would hate to see two of them smushed together :/ It almost seems like bad storytelling to me (not that I'm a lit major or anything....)
In the real world either Shannon or Jessica dresses as Beatrice.

In the meta-world all three of them can have tea together.
Old 2009-10-07, 11:18   Link #2334
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
yeah i agree with TsundereCake. especialy that Beato's character is nothing like Jessica or Shannon. (plus Maria meets her every year, i think she would notice if it was Shannon/Jessica dressing up. and she seems to think of Beato as a separate entity. not to mention Battler met with human!Beato in EP4 and he seemed to recognize her, but there are doubts about it so yeah.)
i wouldn't say it's bad writing though, it may turn out great. i don't like the idea now, but some hints in future episodes may change my view again.

if you asked me, my bet is Shannon, but at the same time i just don't like the idea and i'd rather have a human!Beato sneaking past the 17 person limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol
Based on that quote from Beatrice from episode 4 I think that the sin involves Jessica.
The sin also doesn't involve Beatrice.
Therefore, Shannon is Beatrice imo.
the quote also says that Beatrice didn't exist 6 years ago.
which means "Beatrice" (person posing as her) =/= Beatrice (the blondie witch we know).
so even if Shannon 'was' Beatrice (using her name, dressing up etc.), the sin could as well involve Shannon herself.

and why do you think it involves Jessica?
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 12:01   Link #2335
rogerpepitone

@Jan-Poo: I don't care that much about the distinction between "gold is in Kuwadorian" and "gold is in the tunnel to Kuwadorian". (Also, the room where Eva & Rosa found the gold was described similarly to a bedroom. There's little reason to build one in the middle of the tunnel.)

While the entrance to the tunnel would have to be concealed on the mansion's side, there's no little need to conceal it on the Kuwadorian side. An ordinary lock would suffice to keep Beatrice confined. If Krauss had found Kuwadorian, I find it very likely that he would have been able to find the tunnel. And if he was trying to get through a door, Krauss could have gotten tools like a crowbar, a sledgehammer, even a cutting torch or explosives, if need be.

As for the rescue team finding Eva, maybe she started a fire and they saw the smoke.

@desirebluesky: Beatrice didn't exist for Battler 6 years ago.
Old 2009-10-07, 12:42   Link #2336
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
there's no little need to conceal it on the Kuwadorian side. An ordinary lock would suffice to keep Beatrice confined.
Wait, it was hinted that a lot of servants were aware of the kuwadorian. Genji and Kumasawa knew for sure, also beatrice asking rosa if she's the new gardener, clearly implies that not only Beatrice is used to see servants, but she's used to the fact they change frequently. This is consistent with the fact that fukuin servants only serve 3 years and then they leave.

Kinzo couldn't be there all the time, so if the way to the secret room with the gold wasn't well concealed it could have been a risk. No matter how much faith you have on your servants, 10 tons of gold could turn anyone into a thief.

Old 2009-10-07, 13:19   Link #2337
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword5880 View Post
errrr
I want to ask everyone about "Who do you think Beato is"
of course from all the people in Rokkenjima
First I thought Shannon because she know about Battler in 6 years ago and she still remember perfectly so i thought she might know the Battler's Sin
but nowadays I began to thought that Jessica might be a Beato, because from Ep5 how she defend Natsuhi and by personality of Beato, which suit Jessica more the Shannon...

And Shannon being not that sad when George died

well thats my idea...
Now I want to ask everyone
"Who do you think Beato is?"
Beato is Beato. She's disguising as somebody on the island. This is reinforced by the fact

Spoiler for EP5:
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 13:21   Link #2338
rogerpepitone

And you don't think the servants were using the tunnel?
Old 2009-10-07, 13:40   Link #2339
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Nanjo in ep4 says he did, and we know Genji and Kumasawa were also working in the mansion, it is unlikely that they only went there with Kawabata's boat, so I guess they all used the tunnel as well...

Meh.. this kinda makes me think the tunnel and the secret room with the gold aren't connected after all.

Old 2009-10-07, 13:52   Link #2340
rogerpepitone

So Eva managed to find the secret room with the gold AND Kuwadorian?