AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-01, 10:01   Link #10041
Gravitas Free Zone

Since I hardly ever use my T110E5 or E-50M because of the expense, grinding the PTA and T-54 to get the Leopard 1 and T-62A/Object 140 has basically stopped. Not to mention the actual act of grinding, true to its name, is really, really dull. (Sure, the 54 is cute to use, but... so bored.)

Because of those 60-kill specific tank mission weekends, I've been poking at tech trees that I haven't tried out so much, at least to Tier 5. That offers some variety, versus playing the same Tier 9 medium for sooooborrrrrreeeedddddd.

I'm finally tackling the M5 Stuart hurdle. All those extra unneccessary missions I put in with the 38nA have paid off in making Tier 4 scouting just another job to do, versus annoyed as hell when I was just playing a strange tank like the B1 or M3 Lee.

I'm planning on getting the SU-85 while it's on sale also (I've had it researched for forever), though I have very few objectives for the Soviet TD tree aside from the Tier 7/8 derp sillies.

Have some minor plans for the French TD tree also, though that has some truly unpleasant spots before the S35CA. And then, gaaaaah, the football.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 10:34   Link #10042
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I think I probably hold the record for the longest time away from World of Tanks: two years, lol.

I can still remember the days when I liked playing Malinovka because people would charge down the middle of the field and I'd nail them, or how Prokhorvka used to be a field battle in the middle (which was pretty fun in a BT-2).

And I remember how people used to camp the shooting holes and try and snipe across the courtyard on Himmel, but now nobody does that lol. Except T1s.

Perhaps it's not surprising, but after the weekend, I'm pretty burned out, and don't really feel like tanking, lol. Looks like that premium account's going to waste.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 12:34   Link #10043
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Perhaps it's not surprising, but after the weekend, I'm pretty burned out, and don't really feel like tanking, lol. Looks like that premium account's going to waste.
Yeah, feeling the same burnout I felt when I underwent my hiatus a year ago. Hardly even do the weekends anymore, and my plan to get the ARL44 is stalled at the moment (the BDR G1B is a very difficult tank to use even with top modules). I'll probably see what 9.0 has in store, and I'll take a gander at the Japanese tanks once it's released.

There is another reason I'm taking a break from the game for a while though, something I feel I need to vent: it seems strange, but I'm feeling conflicted over my elder brother's account, which I have access to since he wanted me to play it for him. He made the account just less than a couple of months ago when he became engrossed with the game, and we managed to grind up to the StuG III and the Matilda, even if he can't play too much.

And then last Tuesday he was killed in action while rooting out rebels in Zamboanga. Hence, don't really have the heart to play what was essentially the last game we ever played as brothers for a while, especially with an account that now basically amounts to an alt.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 18:18   Link #10044
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And then last Tuesday he was killed in action while rooting out rebels in Zamboanga. Hence, don't really have the heart to play what was essentially the last game we ever played as brothers for a while, especially with an account that now basically amounts to an alt.
Then I guess this break is merited. Real life and family issues trump any game considerations, and this is a big deal given the context. >_>
Old 2013-10-01, 20:26   Link #10045
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, feeling the same burnout I felt when I underwent my hiatus a year ago. Hardly even do the weekends anymore, and my plan to get the ARL44 is stalled at the moment (the BDR G1B is a very difficult tank to use even with top modules). I'll probably see what 9.0 has in store, and I'll take a gander at the Japanese tanks once it's released.
I know what you mean. I think I'll probably grind some more on my KV-1 (I can probably get started on my second crew skill by end of the week) and M4, then give it a break for a while. Or maybe play a bit more with my KV-1S and use up all the gold rounds I'd bought for it (and, honestly, never really used...)

Also, checking my purchasing history, I apparently bought about 700 small repair kits this weekend, not the 500 I'd initially thought I'd bought. ^_^;

Quote:
Oh, fuck.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Take all the time you need.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-02, 04:19   Link #10046
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
>_>

Condolences to LoweGear. Take as long as you need, man.

Now for this afternoon. Because, again, we can't expect pubs to do the right thing.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This game was a clusterfsk of epic proportions. South spawn, and somehow the guys pushing city evaporated, leaving the handful of TDs that went to the west village (myself, a stug, an SU-85, the arty, and the A-20 to defend the base. While the enemies that won the city obliged by crossing into our gunsights. A M4 and Pz4 made it to our base, and started capping. All of us turned around, but only the SU and I were close enough to try a reset with 10 seconds left on the cap line. I hit the Pz4, and soon enough the M4 exploded. The Pz4 followed soon after. I took out the 1C that had tarried in going up to the bridge, and circled to the city while the SU and Stug went north. Ran into the M8A1 in the forest close to the city, and SOMEHOW I bounced its shots from my turret. Took it out, then continued to their cap.

Turns out that their arty were on the ledge close by the river below their flag. The other TDs engaged, but the SU was taken out by arty shotgun shot. The Stug took out the Pzsfl, but got taken out by the AMX 13 M. I left the cap circle, and waited for it to crest the hill. Was down to 2 shells left, and when it did crest the hill, I hit it twice in the lower glacis.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Ugh, my head. The pain.
Old 2013-10-02, 11:54   Link #10047
Blaat

My condolences Lowegear, really sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.
Old 2013-10-02, 22:56   Link #10048
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
What a terrible loss. My condolences. I can't imagine what it'd be like to lose one of my brothers.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 12:58   Link #10049
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I swear the universe is conspiring against me. Was planning on playing WoT tonight, since I'd missed half the week and I had that premium account I wanted to use to grind 2nd skills for my KV-1 crew and BiA my M4 crew. Didn't work. Just got back from 6 hours in the ER - my younger brother's got an inflamed appendix. *sighs*

Well, at least it got caught before it ruptured.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-03, 19:24   Link #10050
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I had a fun 3 man platoon session with Drake and Newhope; although I had to leave early was getting late on my part hopefully Drake managed to finish his 15 wins.
I did get it eventually, after a few loses since you guys left I decided my team just needed some "encouragement" so I kindly threated to kill them all and eat their children if they lost which to my surprise seemed to motivate them to victory...

I was in the T49 and actually spent most of the match on 1hp after surviving an arty hit but still managed to defend our cap against a stug, T49 and M4 pretty much all on my own, and ending the round on 5 kills.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 20:44   Link #10051
Gravitas Free Zone

This weekend's NA event confirms that it's the T49, M4, and BDR G1B for the week of premium and other bonuses, but it appears to be the last one for now, as the EU site is not offering anything similar.

Garage slots are off again for the second time in a couple of weeks, but I was really hoping for crew training to go on sale again so I could put good crews into the things I've unlocked...
Old 2013-10-03, 22:19   Link #10052
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
This weekend's NA event confirms that it's the T49, M4, and BDR G1B for the week of premium and other bonuses, but it appears to be the last one for now, as the EU site is not offering anything similar.
So... a commie tank special eh? and yet me without being able to repair my laptop.

I really hope NA continue with those kind of missions.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 00:59   Link #10053
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

KV-1S looks to be getting an extra 30% earnings this weekend; coupled with my premium time, that means I'll be getting extra 80% for each KV-1S match this week. Well, I know what I'm gonna do tonight.

Anybody up for platooning, my handle is Wild_Goose, my clan tag is [VLCTY], and I'll be playing on NA East.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-04, 08:06   Link #10054
Gravitas Free Zone

I could re-purchase an S-51 (but why?) and KV-2, but that would just compound my problem of needing to train crews without a sale, which gets expensive. (With the number of fresh vehicles or retrainings that I have lined up, it would be $40 worth of gold, which... insert picture of SerB swimming in a pile of money.)
Old 2013-10-04, 10:03   Link #10055
Sumeragi
Banned

So, I got myself a Leopard.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 10:11   Link #10056
Gravitas Free Zone

The new German TD branch is supposed to come out of the Marder II?
Old 2013-10-04, 10:12   Link #10057
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm starting to regret not buying more APCR for my KV-1 when it was on sale. Ditto my KV-1S and TOG.

Currently trying to get the daily triples, especially on my tanks designated for farming free exp.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-04, 10:29   Link #10058
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The new German TD branch is supposed to come out of the Marder II?
Yes, as I've been telling people the past months
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 10:40   Link #10059
Gravitas Free Zone

Sometimes the best way to make sure is to make you repeat yourself.

Also, my current record for mission-related tank shenanigans is the appearance of nine BDR G1Bs in one mission.
Old 2013-10-04, 10:59   Link #10060
Blaat

To be absolutely clear the new German TD line starts from the Marder II right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I did get it eventually, after a few loses since you guys left I decided my team just needed some "encouragement" so I kindly threated to kill them all and eat their children if they lost which to my surprise seemed to motivate them to victory...
So Drake you bought the IS recently and guess which tank is on discount?

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks