AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-12-26, 06:51   Link #61
furigana
Eurekaaaaaa!!!

Hm, I'll try to recollect what I typed before...

1. Honey & Clover -- because Eureka 7 isn't finished yet : ) But actually, being in about the same stage of life that the main characters of Hachikuro, I could really relate to what was happening on the screen. Yet just being able to relate doesn't make a show good -- but beautiful watercolour art, amazingly lifelike characters and simple, yet deep and carefully laid-out story do. And of course, I can't forget Morita-san : D

2. Eureka 7 -- no matter how it will end, the first half has been a wild ride that more than deserves this place. I'm usually kinda suspicious of staple anime genres like mecha, samurai/ninja and harem, but Eureka 7 won me over with the first two episodes and has only been getting better. The animation is still top of the line, and plot twists to keep my interest in the story continue to appear. I mean, what else is there to want... huge surfing robots? oh wait... E7 has those too...

3-5. I have a really hard time deciding which I like more, so I'll just let Basilisk, Okusama wa mahou shoujo and Ichigo mashimaro share.
I liked Basilisk because along with Samurai Champloo it showed me that samurai/ninja fighting anime isn't left only to boring shounen series. Beautiful art and animation, intriguing plot and scary eyebrows and also plus points for not being afraid to kill off likeable characters.
Okusama wa mahou shoujo stunned me with the originality of its idea. It's kinda like Sailor Moon twenty years later, but with a somewhat serious tone and much more funny and ecchi, which I like : )
Ichigo Mashimaro is just amazing... more proof that you don't need any kind of coherent plot to make an outstanding anime. Slice of life at its funniest, although after 8 episodes I still can't decide whether to love or loathe Miu...

There is alot of new anime that I like too, but have seen too little to rank them somehow, but Noein, Paradise Kiss, Mushishi, and to an extent To Heart 2, Karin and Gunparade Orchestra seem quite promising. Whew, I think I got all of them.

Last edited by furigana; 2005-12-28 at 05:02.
furigana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 07:09   Link #62
Apekatt
Monkeycat

In no particular order:
Karin
Shuffle!
School Rumble
Shakugan no Shana
Apekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 08:09   Link #63
Eclipze

Off-topic question: is eureka 7 lisenced, or is it not subbed?

I've checked both the rumor and lisence database for animesuki, but its not listed on both, yet the torrents are not available.

On topic:
Air - first anime that made me cry...
Bleach - i guess alot consider it a 2005 anime

Thats about it for now...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 11:48   Link #64
furigana
Eurekaaaaaa!!!

offtopic...

Eureka 7 was pre-licensed by Bandai, which I guess is also why it's unfortunately not very well-known, although it deserves much more. Too bad...
furigana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 14:00   Link #65
AisuruMirai
箱者

I tend to decide after one or two episodes whether to continue watching, so my favorites are simply the ones I kept following.

Best in Show: Honey & Clover. This is one of my all-time favorites, holding a place beside Utena and KareKano. I would not be surprised if this soon is considered an anime landmark. At turns incredibly funny & profoundly moving. Gorgeous in every way.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Mushishi, as yet incomplete, has about it abiding darkness, brightness, & mystery that make it infinitely rewatchable. This mangaka is some sort of genius.

Paradise Kiss. Sutekiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! If it had followed the manga, which would have required more than its mere 12 episodes, I think that this would have been right next to H&C for the year's best, & could have become an all-time favorite of a lot of viewers. Way too rushed but still a top show.

Ichigo Mashimaro is maybe the funniest show I've ever seen. You HAVE TO WATCH IT.

Eureka Seven seems at first like a whole lot of cliches packed together in a shiny package, but it's very funny. And compelling, though in an unnecessarily slow-paced way, perhaps. But anyway, I'm still watching it.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. Since I'm following the AonE & A-Kingdom sub, I haven't finished watching this one. But it's incredible. Far, far better than the first one. Usually, I don't like action shows that much, but this one is excellent.

Suzuka. It's amazing that I'm so drawn to a show that's so so poorly animated. Shikata ga nai sa.

Glass Mask. Wish I had watched more of it by now. I think the episode count is into the 30's now. I wish I had the manga.

Kino no Tabi ~life goes on~. The series is one of my favorites & this story is a beautiful addition to -the beautiful world-.

Shows I gave up on:
Shakugan no Shana. I think I stopped after the first episode, thinking "Is this some loli-con action game adaptation?"

Shuffle!. I watched ep1 & decided to give it up, then later DLed ep9 to see where the story had gone. Answer: More girls. In swimsuits. In other words, apparently nowhere.

Peach Girl

Bleach, after 28 eps or so. I know it's not a 2005 show, but I stopped in 2005.

Speed Grapher. It was poorly animated & seemed quickly to become a weirdo-of-the-week show. Maybe it ended well. I don't know.

Aria, b/c it seemed way too much like a kids' show w/ a happy message at every turn.

Yet to see:
Emma. I hear good things.

Mahoraba. I think I watched the promo & decided that it wasn't good, but everyone's raving, so I'll take a look.

Yet to decide:
AIR, Zettai Shounen, Noein, Beyond the Clouds. These shows are compelling b/c of their mystery, but they seem to lack some little something that would make them exceptional in my mind. Perhaps they're too peculiar. Perhaps I just can't get my heart around what I can't get my mind around.

アイスル未来

Edit: Oops, I forgot that this was just a "Best of the Year" thread.

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2005-12-26 at 14:21.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 14:50   Link #66
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Mushishi - still airing
Honey & Clover
FMP TSR
Eureka Seven - still airing
Zettai Shounen

Other worthy mentionables:---

Lamune & Rozen Maiden Traumend - Just watch em. ^^
Air TV & Beyond the Cloud - For the stunning visual delight!
Mahoraba, Peto Peto San, Kamichu, & Ichigo Mashimaro - For serving wittiness in various attitudes.
Suzuka & Shuffle - For good romance story (Suzuka) and good animation (Shuffle).

Year 2005 has been a very good year for anime.

Last edited by monir; 2005-12-26 at 22:24. Reason: I knew I was forgetting something. I left out Lamune and Rozen. :P
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 16:02   Link #67
cynsia

Not in particular order..

Loveless
AIR tv
Honey and Clover
Blood+
Mai-Otome
cynsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 19:00   Link #68
User33703
Disabled By Request

My favorites in order would have to be :

-Mai-Hime + Mai-Otome
-Rozen Maiden + Rozen Maiden Traumend
-Bleach
-Black Cat

Everything else was dwarfed compared to those four XD.
User33703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 19:34   Link #69
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Recalling as best as I can my list and its reasons of my favorite 2005 series that I posted before prior to the hack incident. In no particular rank:
  • Mushishi - It's deep, profound, and always intriguing. Each anecdote contains bits of wisdom. Every episode so far is high calibre entertainment, and I have no doubt the rest will be as well.
  • Rozen Maiden - Traumend - Short answer: Because Shinku is in there. Long answer: This show's got magic, charismatic characters, plot intrigue, battles, emotions. Excellent execution brings these mixtures of elements to success.
  • Mahoraba - I followed this show diligently during first half of the year, with good reasons too. My final thoughts here (recovered from google cache, scroll down to the last post, which is mine) is more than sufficient to justify its place on the list.
  • Kamichu - Yurie is pure moe, and atmosphere of the show feels almost whimsical. I really like this anime. Just one request, someone finish (English) subbing it, please?
  • I remember I reserved this last spot for honorable mentions: AIR TV, Ichigo Mashimaro, Speed Grapher, Karin, ARIA...and maybe more titles hidden within the depths of my memory.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 19:42   Link #70
AnbuItachi

1) Suzuka, this is definitely my favorite anime this year. I wonder how long it will take for me to recover after this ends.
2) Fruits Basket, another awesome anime. It was funny, sad, and interesting. Closely ranked with Suzuka, but I still have to put Suzuka as my favorite.
3) Mai-Otome, although its only at its 12th episode, this anime is looking promising.
4) Love Hina, very nice anime, similar genre as Fruits Basket and Suzuka.
5) Bleach/Gundam Seed Destiny- Gundam Seed Destiny because of how much I loved Gundam Seed. The show alone isn't really that good, but Gundam Seed sort of made it good for me. I like the Bleach action.

Not done with Honey and Clover yet so can't really judge that. FMP: TSR wasn't that good in my opinion.
Tsubasa was also very good but it's probably out of best five. AIR was also not bad except it got really complicated at the end. The ending was good though. It probably should be part of top five but I really don't know where to put it, maybe somewhere around 3-5. Elfen Lied probably belong around 3 or so.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 03:32   Link #71
Wandy
Starlight StarBright~
*Fansubber

eureka seven....
the first two episodes just hooked me right there...it reminded me of alot of the anime...i previously watched during this past years~
Wandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 04:02   Link #72
TrueKnight

Mahoraba - Because it's refreshing and easy to follow.
FMP 2nd Raid - The actions and all were great, fun characters. Sagara is definitely more badass in this season.
Aria - God damn this show is fun. Each episode eventhough it's completely stupid with the boat rowing stuff but still manage to make you smile. Light hearted series with the white fat cat as the best character.
Shuffle - Eh? Well because at first it was funny but as the ep goes (up into 21) it kinda degraded. But its still watchable nonetheless. Now it's all Asa I guess.

Big let downs =
- Trinity Blood
- Erementar Gerad

Utter Garbage = GSD

I dunno why people putting Shana so high on the list, it was okay but not that great. =/

Still have to watch Honey and Clover....
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 11:43   Link #73
lavielove

Smile statistics so far

According to the favourite shout outs so far
The following is the statics(roughly), =)
I tried my best and if yr fav anime is not in the list , I'm sorry

count anime

21 Bleach
21 Honey and Clover
19 Karin
18 Shakugan no Shana
17 Suzuka
16 Mushishi
15 Shuffle
15 Pani Poni Dash
12 FMP:TSR(Full Mental Panic)
13 Black Cat
11 Mashimaro
10 Rozen Maiden
10 Tsubasa
9 Eureka Seven
8 Mai Otome
7 Kamichu
6 Blood +
6 Iriya
5 Lamune
5 Emma
3 Nanoha
2 Mahoraba Heartful Days
2 Loveless
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 13:29   Link #74
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
According to the favourite shout outs so far
The following is the statics(roughly), =)
I tried my best and if yr fav anime is not in the list , I'm sorry

count anime

21 Bleach
21 Honey and Clover
19 Karin
18 Shakugan no Shana
17 Suzuka
16 Mushishi
15 Shuffle
15 Pani Poni Dash
12 FMP:TSR(Full Mental Panic)
13 Black Cat
11 Mashimaro
10 Rozen Maiden
10 Tsubasa
9 Eureka Seven
8 Mai Otome
7 Kamichu
6 Blood +
6 Iriya
5 Lamune
5 Emma
3 Nanoha
2 Mahoraba Heartful Days
2 Loveless

sorry buts its really off many people put AIR and its not on the list
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 14:42   Link #75
Sephiroth

Yeap, where's Air? Anyway here's my top5:

1)Suzuka - Finally a romance anime where the main character confessed early in the series!!! Got really agitated when watching Suzuka, kind of romantic at times, sad at others...

2)Air - The tv series of Air NEARLY make me cry in the end, gotta put Air for the second place because of it's splendid finish although the start was kind of boring...

3)School Rumble - Awww comeon, this series has got to be the most hilarious anime out there this year. Got me laughing non-stop(and amazed at the AE86).

4) Shuffle! - Again, an uninteresting start to the series(guess most romance anime must have a dull introduction to all girls before the interesting part comes). Kind of surprised me Rin chose Asa though. Hope the final episode of Shuffle! will be good.

5)FMP! TSR - Although I think the first season is WAY better, no other animes this year come close to FMP! TSR on getting my fifth fav spot.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 17:56   Link #76
hooliganj
Team Player

You also left off Major and Starship Operators, even if they were only one vote each.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 19:13   Link #77
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
My Picks

No Order

Suzuka
Bleach
Shuffle
Blood+
Sousei No Aquarion
Noein
Canvas
Jigoku Shoujo
Tsubasa Chronicles
Black Cat
Full Metal Panic TSR
Karin
Basilisk Kouga Ninpou Chou
Mai Otome
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 03:36   Link #78
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I am chilling, otherwise I would have filled my post with tons of angry emoticons to make it look like I was losing it.
You certain fooled everyone with thinking that you weren't up in arms with the Continuous response in a Peaceful thread (Where people just care about reading; what everyones preference were for the best anime of 2005, not someone bitching. ) and the 6 sized font and Red text

Well for me, it would be

- Mushishi
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A (More so after watching e.9)
- Beyond the Cloud (though I watched it a while ago)
- A few more I might add later
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 03:37   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
You certain fooled everyone with thinking that you weren't up in arms with the Continuous response in a Peaceful thread (Where people just care about reading; what everyones preference were for the best anime of 2005, not someone bitching. ) and the 6 sized font and Red text
Don't recall using any emoticons or large text after the initial reponse.
Old 2005-12-28, 03:44   Link #80
MindOnAir
~1000th Summer

1. AIR <<<my all time fav lol
2. SHUFFLE!
3. School Rumble
4. Bleach
5. Futakoi Alt
MindOnAir is offline   Reply With Quote