AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-29, 11:11   Link #201
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
In any case the two choices boil down to this. In the case of Hiromi it's Shin finally getting together with a long term desire. Which is the key, she has to turn out to be a true desire and not something he wanted just because he couldn't have it. In the case of Noe it's the question of what does she truly mean to him? Is she just some random girl he met or something more?
My personal feeling is that we've already seen indications of the answers to these questions. Hiromi and Shin were practically together from ep11&12 but as we see, even though he has no contact with Noe she still presents herself in his mind at various times. In other words the coming together of Shin+Hiromi was in some ways, anticlimactic and not as conclusive as one would imagine in the situation of a "long term desire". On the second question, at first it may seem that Noe's only relevance is that Shin was "forced" to date her (and that's a commonly expressed sentiment), and yet episode 12 shows, I think, that Shin clearly does believe she has had a much bigger impact on him.

I will say this though: it would be easier for the writers to do a Hiromi ending with Noe also having a positive ending compared to the opposite situation. Well, just a little bit longer and we'll see.....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Closed Thread