AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-02, 09:22   Link #41
Nixl

[QUOTE=Shiek927;2984011]
Quote:
Spoiler for 102:

Spoiler for to Shiek:
Old 2010-04-02, 09:24   Link #42
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-02, 09:25   Link #43
Ulquihorror

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-02, 09:26   Link #44
zato_1one

Also Dietrich didn't need to lead AFs by walking. She could easily tear and place each piece of clothes on the ground.
Old 2010-04-02, 09:29   Link #45
haegar
mangaviking

lol breadcrums for the AFs sweet
Old 2010-04-02, 09:29   Link #46
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

[QUOTE=Nixl;2984022]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

Spoiler for to Shiek:
Spoiler for 102:
Old 2010-04-02, 09:30   Link #47
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
So the spoiler was true after all? Wow, and we all thought it was just a April Fool's thing Good thing I didn't miss anything

The chapter though is very weird on a few fronts - first of all, why didn't Priscilla just eat Riful and Dauf entirely like she did the villagers? She didn't leave a scrap of them behind, just their blood, which is why I thought they couldn't become AE's in the first place. Secondly, how strong could this Dauf possibly be? She fought and easily beat 2 women who were both Abyssal-level with relative-ease. How can she be forced to transform in order to fight back? Even with Dauf's trademark strength and armor, how can he be THAT tough? :/

And of course, like Gooral said, how on earth didn't the AE's attack Dietrich?!
Minus all of Haegars great comments there is another possibility. Maybe awakened being get a bigger power up than warriors. It's just like the difference of what type of yoma gets put in the kid... (Claymore, Yoma, or Awakened Being) but with the source creature being different and not the infecting agent. So Claymore (.5) times rod (2) equals 1, when an awakened being (1) times a rod (2) equals 2. So Duaf could have potentially gotten a proportionality larger powerup making him close to Beth Hellcat but more like a tank than fighter jet.

Possibility #2 It could also be that Duaf had some extra power to tap into... look at how his hand came back, he had to have at least some yoki to do that.

@Gooral maybe Dauf covered Riful's body and the AFs just couldn't get to it... that or Riful fled downwind when she was dragging Dauf in human form. So the AFs lost her and went into search mode spreading out in all directions, only those near Alicia died. The rest just made their way there slowly to regroup knowing they needed more numbers agianst Alicia and Riful. However Dietrich found the outfit of Riful first, be it from the AFs first attack, Alicia taking chunks off of Riful, or Priscillia munching on Riful. She then loured many of the AFs to the Hellcats. Likely her speed and endurance stopped the AFs from closing in too fast.

I know this is a very stupid thought but with all the rods flying around near Priscilla what if one of them hits Rifuls corpse?

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-04-03 at 00:02. Reason: deleted spoiler tags
Old 2010-04-02, 09:33   Link #48
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Spoiler for 102:

Spoiler for 102:
Old 2010-04-02, 09:33   Link #49
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
Spoiler:
I suppose that those who got infection still had a few remaining of self consciousness if it was deep enough. Or else kitty Beth wouldn't cry when her sister was killed.
Old 2010-04-02, 09:37   Link #50
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Quote:
I know this is a very stupid thought but with all the rods flying around near Priscilla what if one of them hits Rifuls corpse?
Don't even joke . Honestly, this is really REALLY pushign it. I'm a fan of Riful's at least, but come on, just kill them both off already .

Despite this minor "Huh?"'s, the chapter seems pretty straightforward.
... Me... not joke... never going to happen

While it was straight forward... it gave us tons to speculate about. Well, lots more than we had to speculate about after the last few chapters...[/SPOILER]

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-04-03 at 00:03.
Old 2010-04-02, 09:44   Link #51
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I suppose that those who got infection still had a few remaining of self consciousness if it was deep enough. Or else kitty Beth wouldn't cry when her sister was killed.
Um.. so it's like Raki's bro and Clare's bro both could cry and keep strong emotions but none could resist the new tendencies and desires of the infection. The destroyer makes them want to do just that, destroy. Dauf is being just like Clare was during her partial awakening against Rigardo, he's just focusing on the thought of killing his target which is letting him avoid being completely taken over for the moment... It also explains Alicia killing the AFs, the Beth parts in her where helping her go crazy too, she had a mission so she kept going after her target but anything in the way became fair game too.

I like the simplicity of it. Good Job

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-04-03 at 00:04.
Old 2010-04-02, 09:44   Link #52
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Spoiler for 102:
Spoiler for 102:

Spoiler for New thoughts:
Old 2010-04-02, 09:48   Link #53
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Also Dietrich didn't need to lead AFs by walking. She could easily tear and place each piece of clothes on the ground.
Spoiler for 102:

Maybe Dauff got this huge boost in strength since he is a miniature version of Destroyer and is the most compatible with the rods . Or I was right and he really is a Saiyan .

Last edited by Gooral; 2010-04-02 at 09:59.
Old 2010-04-02, 09:54   Link #54
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Yagi, I am dissapointed

Spoiler for 102:
Old 2010-04-02, 09:58   Link #55
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Yagi, I am dissapointed

Spoiler for 102:
Spoiler for 102:
Old 2010-04-02, 10:03   Link #56
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-02, 10:04   Link #57
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Why is everyone forgetting Chapter 98 page 25... Beth got Priscilla to cry out with a sneak attack too. Just like Duaf did in this chapter... it's nothing new.

Old 2010-04-02, 10:06   Link #58
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Spoiler for 102:
Spoiler for 102:
Old 2010-04-02, 10:08   Link #59
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
all true goraal can't do any better this time though, this is as far as my specualtion goes. the remaining holes are just that. HOLES XD. as for Dauff's strength and resilience, I tend to agree with Ryus that rods might boost an awakend a lot more than a claymore int erms of power... and as shieky added...if the ones on his back are the big ones directly from the main destroyer ... boy he's supercharged than ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
The Destroyer can't bring back the dead. Dauf was not dead just suffering. Still, how is it that something so small like Dauf in his human laying on the ground, could possibly be hit by two giant rods?

Oh, and Dauf is so strong because of the power of love. I just can't wait for the unicorns, butterflies and flowers.
Dauf has three rods sticking out of his lower back (and no i don't mean his poles at the back of his head, they're gone for some reason). This could also be a reason for his huge power up...

Old 2010-04-02, 10:08   Link #60
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reminder XD:

Spoiler for Ryus:

Spoiler for Response:
Closed Thread