Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-27, 06:46   Link #721
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Context is everything! (Note, I didn't make them)

Start:

During:

End:
I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 10:10   Link #722
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
End:
That is pretty awesome. Under boob is not to be underestimated.
Old 2011-03-27, 10:29   Link #723
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'm digging the soundtrack right now. Many tracks are surprisingly (too) long, being over 3 or 4 minutes. They mostly build up the first half and then the tone changes the other, that's where I think they could have just cut some tracks in half and leave the first out.

Merry no Kunou and Melancholy really bring out the dream~ish tranquility that is the usual atmosphere. My other two favs would be Iza! Muma you!!(really reminds me of FFVII AC tracks at some part and The Battle which are (unexpectedly given what we heard so far) crazily hyper.

I'm not really into the rest but they aren't too shabby, it really gives you Disney vibes that make the series more dream~ish and idyllic.
Old 2011-03-27, 21:35   Link #724
Tokugashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I'm digging the soundtrack right now. Many tracks are surprisingly (too) long, being over 3 or 4 minutes. They mostly build up the first half and then the tone changes the other, that's where I think they could have just cut some tracks in half and leave the first out.

Merry no Kunou and Melancholy really bring out the dream~ish tranquility that is the usual atmosphere. My other two favs would be Iza! Muma you!!(really reminds me of FFVII AC tracks at some part and The Battle which are (unexpectedly given what we heard so far) crazily hyper.

I'm not really into the rest but they aren't too shabby, it really gives you Disney vibes that make the series more dream~ish and idyllic.
Omg, I thought I was alone in this world when I said that I loved the BGM! It reminds me of the celtic themes the .hack// franchise had. Though it may not be as epic as the .hack// soundtrack, at least it's original!
Old 2011-03-28, 08:10   Link #725
Kakkou
Tch.

I agree that some of the tracks were much longer than they should have and I'm especially bummed that the one track i wanted to hear was left out =(. That peaceful tune with the whistling that played here and there in the early episodes was supposed to be the highlight of the soundtrack for me, dammit!
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 08:40   Link #726
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quick question, did the anime deviate significantly from the manga during and after the beach episode? In these last three episodes storytelling and characterization feel different.

In any case, background music and art are not only top notch, but blend well together, as well as character designs. One of the few shows that remains consistent in these respects, while keeping up a high standard... I guess at the expense of animation, and probably writing.

Oh! and no bra for the win

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-03-28 at 08:45. Reason: typos >(
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 09:38   Link #727
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The mangaka must really love bitchslapping, it's the second time it is used as a finishing move The opposing characters are rather messed up, a depraved teacher and a psychotic dream demon? No backstories to tell, they're just evil but get along with each other :P Story-wise, the pace is slow, I was expecting more than just a declaration of battle at the end;after all, they had said they'd kill Palette that day, and they ended up letting her live Anyhow, still looking forward to the next episode, even if it's slow it's always fun to watch.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 09:47   Link #728
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The mangaka must really love bitchslapping, it's the second time it is used as a finishing move The opposing characters are rather messed up, a depraved teacher and a psychotic dream demon? No backstories to tell, they're just evil but get along with each other :P Story-wise, the pace is slow, I was expecting more than just a declaration of battle at the end;after all, they had said they'd kill Palette that day, and they ended up letting her live
That's the reason I suspect a deviation during the last episodes, these were not dominant during the first two thirds of the anime, where the writers had the manga to adapt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyhow, still looking forward to the next episode, even if it's slow it's always fun to watch.
Indeed, it is sis
Old 2011-03-28, 10:21   Link #729
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post
Omg, I thought I was alone in this world when I said that I loved the BGM! It reminds me of the celtic themes the .hack// franchise had. Though it may not be as epic as the .hack// soundtrack, at least it's original!
Unusual usage of soundtracks results in diverse opinions. Makes you even more relieved when you find someone who also likes it compared to the opposite half of people that think otherwise.

Hmm, Character Songs for Engi and Yui are out. I'm only interested in Yui but I feel like wanting both anyway because they're like one entity... hard choice.

Last edited by Seihai; 2011-03-28 at 10:36.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 18:55   Link #730
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Quick question, did the anime deviate significantly from the manga during and after the beach episode? In these last three episodes storytelling and characterization feel different.
Very much so, yes. The beach episode was changed quite a bit from the manga, and the following ordeal with the clown was also changed to some degree. We're now in completely anime-original territory.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 19:17   Link #731
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
Very much so, yes. The beach episode was changed quite a bit from the manga, and the following ordeal with the clown was also changed to some degree. We're now in completely anime-original territory.
Thanks for the info, a lot of things now make much more sense
Old 2011-03-28, 20:05   Link #732
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 17:27   Link #733
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Oh! and no bra for the win

I will never get tired of seeing that...

Quote:
Thanks for the info, a lot of things now make much more sense
And on to the manga!
Old 2011-03-29, 19:20   Link #734
Midonin
Last Engage

I was just interested in the soundtrack for Guricchou's theme. And that delivered all I needed and beyond. Plus, it was sung by Naoto Fuuga, the singer of Megaranger's theme.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:40   Link #735
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I will never get tired of seeing that...
Me neither, I have not got stuck watching a gif since Fumino's zettai ryouiki from Mayoi Neko Overrun! Now if only I knew how to make it my desktop background

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And on to the manga!
Yup, this and KoreZon caught my eye this season

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-03-29 at 19:43. Reason: fond memories of crappy gifs
Old 2011-03-31, 07:59   Link #736
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Megami NSFW:

Nyantype
Old 2011-03-31, 14:30   Link #737
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Yumekui Merry 12 - If a Body Catch a Body:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 15:49   Link #738
Seihai
スマイリウム

Spoiler for Yumekui 12:
Old 2011-03-31, 21:29   Link #739
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep12:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 03:38   Link #740
Tokugashi

Spoiler for ep 12:

Tags
fantasy, seinen