AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-20, 04:09   Link #421
Applehell

That's up to production committee, not the studio. IIRC the anime didn't seem to boost novel sales much from what I saw and the discs aren't ranking well either. Still not impossible, but highly unlikely at moment unfortunately.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 04:32   Link #422
Fufufu
Doffy

Thank you Applehell-san but notice I said works as project only I know this anime and death march doing by sliver link
Fufufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 05:10   Link #423
Ultragunner

despite some have said the animation quality is only average, I personally think the art of this anime is great, it is vibrant and colourful, and the characters really stand out, for example Kuro and the elf lady
Old 2017-09-21, 02:08   Link #424
chaos_animagic

Plot Twist at the end... didn't think the Chef was actually also from the other world (well his parents/ grandparents at least)

That totally explain how the Chef can prepare food so fast and so much in a non-stop continues cooking... he most likely also inherited the Hero's stamina.

Too bad he wasn't taught magic, could probably help the Chef in certain ways in making food faster or something, lol.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 06:14   Link #425
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 12:

Tasty looking pork soup... Aletta can't wait to eat it - but she has to wait till evening.

Oh, and that Alex half elf is not a bad guy after all... he's a strong hero, but still very much afraid of Kuro.

Sad that this great anime has to end... hoping very much for a season 2. No more weekly good food.

Score = 9/10

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2017-09-22 at 05:54.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 04:00   Link #426
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Do take note that some Japanese restaurants do serve special miso soup in place of ordinary miso soup with kombu, tofu & sometimes radish in special occasions. Be it pork, clams, mushrooms or any seafood.

Anyway, I'm gonna genuinely miss this slice of life show, the people and the sweet girl Aletta most of all. Isekai Shokudou will have a special place in my heart & mind.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 10:58   Link #427
Kurapica

Really enjoyed watching this every week. It was refreshing, quirky and fun.

I always watched it just when i was about to have a bite.

I'm gonna miss it and i secretly hope for another season.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 06:57   Link #428
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I miss the show already... not hearing anymore the opening of the door to the resto, see Aletta, Kuro and tenshu serving good food.
Old 2017-10-29, 07:35   Link #429
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Have eaten salisbury steak at the mall today. Instantly made me remember this anime.

Anyway, I still rewatch episodes every now and then. They're still entertaining.
Old 2018-02-27, 02:55   Link #430
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The term "isekai" had developed a stigma for some. Can't blame them; some shows use it for the novelty, others for an excuse to shove video game mechanics into a fantasy world. However, Isekai Shokudou, aside from delivering a delectable display of Western-style cuisine, is commendable in one particular aspect—the show managed to slowly develop an interesting fantasy world. Each episode, we get a small piece of the fantasy world in the eyes and tastebuds of the patrons and new customers of Nekoya, and no time is wasted in patiently building up the story. Like a sturdy house, each detail was built up like bricks, with each brick complementing the other as it slowly stands as a complete structure. As a result, each episode not only leaves my stomach longing for croquettes; it also makes me more informed about the setting itself, like finishing a casual chat with the patrons of the the restaurant.

Whew, I could use some potato dishes. That marathon has left me craving.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, cooking, fantasy, fantasy races, isekai