AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-24, 18:53   Link #201
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

It looks like Sasuke may be in it.

A character that looks like Sasuke appears in this trailer fighting Itachi. Itachi casts his Mangekyo Sharingan. Some may argue that is Kakashi, but the hair, along with the wrist bands indicate it looks like pre-time skip fashion Sasuke.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=wmv&id=17082

It's around 2:30 mins where the trailer is showing the "Ougi" or Ultimate Jutsu of some of the characters.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 19:00   Link #202
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
There seems to be a way to play Naruto on your NTSC Wii

http://www.wiikey.cn/

I'm still waiting for a review though.
At this rate there is bound to be a Wii Freeloader in March or April.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 21:19   Link #203
Razz

This is the worst, most broken fighting game I have ever played.

Utterly disappointed.

AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS!
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 21:54   Link #204
Kyu410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
It looks like Sasuke may be in it.

A character that looks like Sasuke appears in this trailer fighting Itachi. Itachi casts his Mangekyo Sharingan. Some may argue that is Kakashi, but the hair, along with the wrist bands indicate it looks like pre-time skip fashion Sasuke.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=wmv&id=17082

It's around 2:30 mins where the trailer is showing the "Ougi" or Ultimate Jutsu of some of the characters.
Kenu that is Kakashi and if you don't believe me look back at the video and look at his Jonin Jacket or his hair and you'll see that is not Sasuke.
Old 2007-02-24, 23:02   Link #205
7thFonon
seventh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post

Utterly disappointed.

Elaborate.....
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 00:06   Link #206
Razz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thFonon View Post
Elaborate.....
Lets see, where to begin...

Stun block - basically, if you press B->B, the opponent blocking will be able to hit you instantly. Meaning no matter which string you try, you will get turtled and hit after the 2nd attack. The only way to attack and not be punished is by poking with a single B, then backing off. What the hell is this? Definitely not the Taisen I know. Broken.

Another bug/glitch/flaw is that you can't Kawarimi on the floor, so when you're knocked down, you will eat even more damage with you not being able to do a damn thing about it. Heres a video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyiCTTLqjW0

You can read about the rest of the flaws on first play forums out there, but the general consensus is to avoid this game. Somehow they messed it all up.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 01:04   Link #207
Kyu410

Quote:

Stun block - basically, if you press B->B, the opponent blocking will be able to hit you instantly. Meaning no matter which string you try, you will get turtled and hit after the 2nd attack. The only way to attack and not be punished is by poking with a single B, then backing off. What the hell is this? Definitely not the Taisen I know. Broken.

Another bug/glitch/flaw is that you can't Kawarimi on the floor, so when you're knocked down, you will eat even more damage with you not being able to do a damn thing about it. Heres a video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyiCTTLqjW0

You can read about the rest of the flaws on first play forums out there, but the general consensus is to avoid this game. Somehow they messed it all up.
I really hope they fix these bugs in GNTEX 2
Old 2007-02-25, 03:42   Link #208
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Actually a lot of people who got the game say its fun, the only drawback is the number of characters. But the engine is still solid and fun.
Old 2007-02-25, 04:05   Link #209
7thFonon
seventh

I saw the video. So basically if you hit the ground you are dead if you're opponent wants to fight like that. That no KNJ on ground thing is a huge glitch. I just don't understand why they changed a near perfect battle system. I probably will wait on the next GNTex....or better yet GNT5 with all the characters from GNT4 plus ones from shippuden.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 06:27   Link #210
ajay29

Quote:

Sweet Jesus, that is SO broken....
Bit disappointed with that...proving change can be a very bad thing....
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 08:38   Link #211
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
Kenu that is Kakashi and if you don't believe me look back at the video and look at his Jonin Jacket or his hair and you'll see that is not Sasuke.
Yeah, I think you're right.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 09:02   Link #212
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Here're some thoughts from experts who played the game. Comments from wiivolution by Chaosdragon13

Pros:
P1. New characters added and some old characters redone or upgraded.

P2. Stumps add to game play by giving another way to avoid certain attacks and poke at the opponent.

P3. The ability to deflect kunai was added which give a better option to simply trying to avoid them.

P4. All characters have air throws.

P5. Character select screen no longer has the lag it had in GNT4 and has a random option.

N1. Gravity was increased.
p1.1: Characters who couldnt combo much are now more even with the rest of the cast
c1.1: Characters who could combo a lot have their combos cut short and it is almost impossible to use a super when juggling the opponent

N2. Gravity gets and extra increase when you use a Y break
p1.2: This prevents characters from having extremely long combos such as Gaara and Itachi, and balances them out with the other characters.
c1.2: Characters that gave little damage to begin with and got a decent increase with stance breaks now are forced back to shorter combos.

Cons:
C1. Camera positions itself at odd angles when near stumps in order to show you that the stump is there. It lets you know the stump is there to hide behind, but can make movement and combos akward.

C2. Block stun has been reduced allowing for everyone to be unsafe after BB, whether they continue the combo or not, and for only half the cast to be safe after just B regardless of who they are fighting.

C3. Stage changes interupt matches and mess up combos, and also give the chance of a free super depending on the input during the scene change animation. They can also interupt supers if the initiation hit of the super causes the stage change, which results in the super not happening and you loosing all your chakra.

C4. Although there are new and remodled characters, they also removed all of the ones from GNT games.

C5. There is no way to move around the opponent in training with the one player's controller(unless its just that they changed the button combo from L+R+Y. Anyone know?).

C6. The camera angle for throwing the opponent now follows the opponent rather than just panning out and can make it hard to combo off of a throw.

C7. You can now be hit while lying on the ground or right before tech rolling and its un-KnJ-able. This causes you to be screwed no matter what you do when you hit the ground. If you get lucky and are able to tech roll then you will get a wake up super in the face. If you just lay there you take some pretty good damage for doing so. Also this destories Sasori. He is so large that you can continually combo him OTG.
Old 2007-02-25, 22:18   Link #213
Kyu410

The good part about some of the gameplay is that now instead of just doing techniques, you now have to time it right to win.(not refering to wake-up specials or not being able to KnJ OTG.)
Old 2007-02-26, 12:51   Link #214
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
The good part about some of the gameplay is that now instead of just doing techniques, you now have to time it right to win.(not refering to wake-up specials or not being able to KnJ OTG.)
Yes i think so too, i'm really excited about this game's game play. They say Kakashi is much better aswell.
Old 2007-02-26, 14:12   Link #215
Kyu410

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
Yes i think so too, i'm really excited about this game's game play. They say Kakashi is much better aswell.
Kakashi can do a double raikiri and his counter moves much faster.

I also heard that their might be a 15th character in the game. I bet its Sasuke or Sasori's true form.

Here is a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnJxZtHzzXY Kakashi vs Naruto

Last edited by Kyu410; 2007-02-26 at 14:57. Reason: Forgot link
Old 2007-02-27, 03:57   Link #216
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Kakashi can do a double raikiri and his counter moves much faster.

I also heard that their might be a 15th character in the game. I bet its Sasuke or Sasori's true form.

Here is a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnJxZtHzzXY Kakashi vs Naruto
Kakashi's down A is now unblockable :
Old 2007-02-27, 04:25   Link #217
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
There's only 14 characters, it's confirmed.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 14:29   Link #218
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post
What confirmed it?
Old 2007-02-28, 16:06   Link #219
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:

Utterly disappointed.

Did you even play it?
Old 2007-02-28, 20:00   Link #220
Kyu410

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post
I hope your wrong about it being "confirmed" because it would be awesome to play as Sasuke or Sasori's true form. Even if there are spoilers to Sasuke's secret technique. Besides every GNT game spoils at least one thing.

GNT1
Lee's appearance and Omote Renge.

GNT2
Gaara's mad obssesion to kill Sasuke
Sasuke using Lee's taijutsu while using sharingan.

GNT3
Naruto doing Rasengan
Tsunade's healing jutsu(don't know name)

GNT4
Hinata's change appearance(Ep.149-151)

If I'm wrong somewhere, tell me but don't flame about it.