AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-07, 09:34   Link #741
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Gram Demolition isn't better with bombardment. Tatsuya gathers an high quantity of psion and shoot it in the form of a cannonball, only once can negates several spells at once. I don't see the utility of using it 2 times successively. He didn't even have enough time for this.
If you were referring to the bus incident, that was different. GD requires you to shoot the physical location of the spell. All the spells were on the same target so he could take them all out in one shot. However, for Masaki's 16 shots they each had different locations and the fundamental problem was Masaki spammed them faster than Tatsuya could spam GD.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 07:31   Link #742
I'm-here-present

Blame that on crappy equipment on Tatsuya's hands.

If Tatsuya had Silver Horn with him, Masaki will get more than just Flashbang effect to the ear.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 08:28   Link #743
Jirachier

The only characters revealed so far who can hope to stand on equal footing with Maya are Tatsuya and Kudou, that's it. Ichijou and co aren't even in the same league.

And seriously, to me HMB that Lina has just feels like the author trying to give her something strong enough to fight Tatsuya's Regrowth because over 99% of existing spells don't have enough fire power to kill him. Besides fighting Tatsuya and maybe Phalanx, I don't even see the point of using HMB except in a situation where you're trying to blast off several groups of soldiers in one shot, in a one on one fight there are so many spells that have enough destructive power and easier to handle.
Old 2014-06-10, 16:40   Link #744
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
The only characters revealed so far who can hope to stand on equal footing with Maya are Tatsuya and Kudou, that's it. Ichijou and co aren't even in the same league.

And seriously, to me HMB that Lina has just feels like the author trying to give her something strong enough to fight Tatsuya's Regrowth because over 99% of existing spells don't have enough fire power to kill him. Besides fighting Tatsuya and maybe Phalanx, I don't even see the point of using HMB except in a situation where you're trying to blast off several groups of soldiers in one shot, in a one on one fight there are so many spells that have enough destructive power and easier to handle.
Why someone strong enough to cause him problems must mean that he is anti-Tatsuya? We don't even know 15% of the magics in the story. There are many ways to make a protagonist of a story, you can make him weak and becoming stronger and stronger or you can make a protagonist already strong at the beginning who will have more and more difficulties as the story advances. He won't stomp all his opponents forever.

Idk why you think Kudou has more chances that magicians like Miyuki against him but Maya lost all chances to beat him once his combat power became strong enough to counter her MS.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 11:30   Link #745
Kurazukara

It doesn't mean the MS can be countered by Tatsuya that it means Maya will lose against him hands down.

Maya is far stronger than that, enough that even her old teacher Kudou is afraid of her.

But on another note, Tatsuya is on another league entirely, maybe in the level of the top ones, like Kudou and Maya.
Ichijou and the others are just amateurs compared to Tatsuya. Seriously he knows almost all magic and how to counter them. More so, he has the strongest counter magic and most importantly his two innate abilities.

Being OP is acceptable, especially if you're Tatsuya
Kurazukara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 20:50   Link #746
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurazukara View Post
It doesn't mean the MS can be countered by Tatsuya that it means Maya will lose against him hands down.
Meteor Stream can't hurt tatsuya.
his regrowth will regenerate fast and faster.

so, Maya absolutely has no chance againts him.

Mental Mind Magic is better than MS.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 15:07   Link #747
Jirachier

Quote:
Why someone strong enough to cause him problems must mean that he is anti-Tatsuya? We don't even know 15% of the magics in the story. There are many ways to make a protagonist of a story, you can make him weak and becoming stronger and stronger or you can make a protagonist already strong at the beginning who will have more and more difficulties as the story advances. He won't stomp all his opponents forever.
Because if you don't have hax level abilities on the same level as Tatsuya yet you are able to fight him and give him a very hard fight that makes you anti-Tatsuya, it's that simple, it's just a comparison of individual abilities, and while we may not know all magics in this world we have seen many supposedly world renowned magicians yet almost none of them has the destructive power to kill Tatsuya.
And Tatsuya isn't someone who starts off strong and gets to have difficulties as it goes on, he already started being one of the most powerful there is(maybe the actual n°1 in the world), so if you want to make him struggle you have to bring out equally hax and experienced magic fighters and so far only Maya and maybe Kudou qualify for that.

Quote:
Idk why you think Kudou has more chances that magicians like Miyuki against him but Maya lost all chances to beat him once his combat power became strong enough to counter her MS.
I wasn't comparing Tatsya to Kudou but to Maya, and Miyuki although very strong, she's not on the same level as those 3.