AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-01-03, 01:14   Link #21
drsypher

Ah man, it's been a while since I've seen Trigun! Definitely loved this movie a lot and it brought back good memories for me, too. It kind of makes me want to re-watch the series since it's been a while, actually.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 07:37   Link #22
brocko

Great movie! Really does make you want to watch TV series again. Caught shivers when they decided to reuse the opening theme song for one of the bgms. Anyone else manage to catch Hard Gay in the background?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 08:49   Link #23
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Anyone else manage to catch Hard Gay in the background?
Hard what? Where?
Old 2011-01-03, 08:59   Link #24
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
i agree with this Trigun and Slam Dunk needs a remake with todays technology
I'd like a lot of old shows like Lupin to get the same. However even though the shows may be old, it doesn't mean the licenses are void, yet. So unfortunately it's up to the greedy license holders to agree to it; probably not worth the trouble for most studios.
Old 2011-01-03, 22:05   Link #25
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I'd like a lot of old shows like Lupin to get the same. However even though the shows may be old, it doesn't mean the licenses are void, yet. So unfortunately it's up to the greedy license holders to agree to it; probably not worth the trouble for most studios.
The problem isn't so much the license holders being greedy as is the fact that anime adaptations exist mostly to boost the sales of the original medium (manga, light novel, etc...) and Trigun is done, there's not much point in pushing what amounts to a weekly 24min commercial for it.

It's sad yes, I would love to see Trigun get the "Brotherhood" treatment but alas it's good enough that we got this amazing movie. I mean it wasn't that good as a stand-alone movie (they didn't even bother to say the names of Meryl and Millie even once for example) but it is a kickass nod to the fans in what amounts to a 90min extra episode with amazing production values and I couldn't be happier.

Also was I the only one thinking Vash was way "cuter" compared to the old show? I mean those eyes, look at those huge green eyes!!!
Old 2011-01-03, 23:40   Link #26
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Hard what? Where?
Hard Gay (properly pronounced "Hâdo Gei, hoo~" ), google him. The animators decided to slip him into the background as one of the bounty hunters guarding Cain's mansion at night lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 16:44   Link #27
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
a new anime adaption much closer to the manga like FMA got with Brotherhood

they might consider it if the dvd and blu-ray sells pretty well in japan and in the U.S. Once again, a guy can dream right...
I had the pleasure at being at the EU premier of this movie at the Glasgow Film Theatre in October, where the director and producer of the series/movie were also in attendance. There was a question and answer session after the movie, someone in the audience asked of Satoshi-kun had ever considered making a Trigun reboot closer to the feeling of the original and he responded through human translator as saying that if there were enough fan movement for it in the west then he would definitely consider it.

So yeah.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:49   Link #28
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
I had the pleasure at being at the EU premier of this movie at the Glasgow Film Theatre in October, where the director and producer of the series/movie were also in attendance. There was a question and answer session after the movie, someone in the audience asked of Satoshi-kun had ever considered making a Trigun reboot closer to the feeling of the original and he responded through human translator as saying that if there were enough fan movement for it in the west then he would definitely consider it.

So yeah.
Where do I sign? :P
Old 2011-01-04, 17:56   Link #29
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Where do I sign? :P
Seriously, more Trigun would be awesome.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:24   Link #30
Jao
panchi~

Well DVD sales would be a huge part of it obviously. He did say that the movie was primarily produced for the western fans, so it really is our job to pave the way towards it happening.

Of course writing emails and fan letters and stuff like that couldn't possibly hurt either.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 20:01   Link #31
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Well DVD sales would be a huge part of it obviously. He did say that the movie was primarily produced for the western fans, so it really is our job to pave the way towards it happening.

Of course writing emails and fan letters and stuff like that couldn't possibly hurt either.
Any idea if/when can we get the blu-ray version of trigun:badlands rumble here in the EU? (I would import from the US but I doubt the PS3 is region-free for movies )
Old 2011-01-04, 21:29   Link #32
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:

So yeah.
Is it just me, or are we seeing more and more of this type of statement now? In both the anime and videogame industries, it's looking like the West is gaining more and more influence. If only we could get Japanese studios to look to American creators for original ideas... but yeah.

The movie was great! Vash was as adorable as always (he manages to be self-sacrificing and heroic without being annoying, which is rare in anime!), and I really liked Amelia's character as well. The idea of a woman being literally allergic to men and breaking out into a rash when touched is hilarious, and Vash was totally unsympathetic towards her ailment!

Go Go Sequel!
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 15:19   Link #33
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Oh wow that was fun,makes me want to rewatch the whole series all over again,I still love Milly to death.

True it's not standalone,which is kind of sad because I was hoping to get people into trigun with this movie.

Could have done without the whole "vash is dead" bit when we all know that he's not dead but then again I guess it's part of the charm.
Old 2011-09-10, 20:40   Link #34
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I loved this movie so much
Old 2011-12-25, 03:49   Link #35
Cal-Reflector

Watched it. Bought it. Watched it again.

Man... Trigun was my gateway anime way back in middle/high school. Still one of my favorites. This movie was great even though the producers limited the story in order to: 1)Make the film accessible to first time viewers and 2) Fit in 90 minutes.

Amelia was a pleasant surprise--Strong, attractive, rich in emotion and a personal story that embodies the theme of Vash's actions and his conundrum: Saving/sparing everyone, even the bad ones.
Old 2011-12-27, 21:14   Link #36
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ah...Trigun nostalgic anime one of the best in the 90's. As much as I love Trigun I just wished the final ending would have been more epic like the anime series ending, but over all this is a great watch.