AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 12:57   Link #81
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Is it not possible for them to suddenly change routes halfway through the anime? I mean, are we certain that Nova and Liberta are going to be the central male characters?
Are we certain? No, not certain. It's only been 1 episode. However, all signs from the OP & ED suggest that they will be the primary male characters. IIRC, they're the only males who appear alone during the OP plus they appear several times during the segment.

Is it possible to change routes halfway through the series? I don't know the game, but it seems out of character for this type of series to twist like that.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 13:03   Link #82
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Is it not possible for them to suddenly change routes halfway through the anime? I mean, are we certain that Nova and Liberta are going to be the central male characters?
It's not impossible, but unless the writer has mad skills, it usually results in sloppy writing. It's easier to just go with the flow of the story, and that's why in most harem shows the guy/girl that makes the biggest impression in the first episode ends up winning at the end.
Old 2012-07-02, 13:07   Link #83
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I somehow wish for the writers to make a 360 degree turn on the plot.

Anyways, thanks for your opinion.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 13:21   Link #84
melina_putri

Quote:
I think there is always at least 3 possibility for an anime like this.
1. Ends up with someone.
2. Ends up with everyone.
3. Doesn't ends up with anyone.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 13:32   Link #85
PringlesXD
Delicious Can of Chips

Send a message via MSN to PringlesXD
Okay, so I watched the first episode.
It was... mediocre.

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Anyway, I'll probably stick around. After all, there are fight scenes and characters are attractive enough, haha.
PringlesXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 15:58   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But they did make a 360 degree turn on the plot, so what's the problem ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 16:14   Link #87
Yushi

Watched first episode, and it looks great! I've always had a weakness for anime where every character's got their own special powers. It helps that the guys look pretty cool. I don't really like most typical harem shows where it's some normal, bland looking guy with a bunch of freakishly beautiful (big boobed) women throwing themselves at him, so this is quite refreshing for me. I am cheering for Libertą at the moment ^_^
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 16:56   Link #88
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Sure, I'm not well versed in otome adaptations, but other vn adaptations made a certain heroine to be the main focus at the beginning, but end up with another heroine.

So just because they have big focus on Nova/Liberta right now doesn't necessarily mean they're going down that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
1. Ends up with someone.
Or if it's anything like other vn adaptations, it would be...

1) canon route (is there a canon route here?)
2) most popular route (anyone know character rankings?)
3) harem route

I usually have my Japanese friends as sources, but they are no help this time around as they don't play otome games lol

Quote:
So err.... you want to continue on the same way they are going with the plot? Because you know, 360 degrees is a full circle

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 18:21   Link #89
Azure King
Snr Spammer

finish the first epi and i have mixed feelings...

Artwork is quite good but story seem so-so, doesn't really stand out, no real impact for epi 1
i will prolly stick with it for afew more epi to see where its going
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 18:27   Link #90
HandofFate

parts of episode 1 was interesting.

Some people commented that the characters seem pretty bland and are all just generic archetypes of standard otome games.

But being one that isn't familiar with otome games at all, its all fresh to me.
Right now, the arcana and powers is what is keeping me interested enough for episode 2. the generic wiki pages has little info, so I can't spoil myself on all the powers, so I have to stick around just for that.

I think the Fool's power is probably able to tab into all the arcana powers temporary... >_> given how he was able to force out of The Strength's hold.

I can pretend the series is Persona or something.
That being said, have little interest in the female in this series. Don't really care about her not wanting to be married problem. Just get married woman.
Old 2012-07-02, 19:08   Link #91
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Because it's anime, we often time don't pay much attention to certain things but forced marriages are a serious problem for many women in many countries.

But reality aside, I took a quick peek at the first few chapters of the manga and it seems that the anime deviates quite a bit from it. I don't know how far the anime deviates from the otome game. Does anyone know which route in the game is the most popular? That usually gives us a hint as to what route the anime often takes. Oh, and if the answer to my question violates forum rule...then never mind.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 20:03   Link #92
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Some people commented that the characters seem pretty bland and are all just generic archetypes of standard otome games.
Well, girls need their fantasies as well
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 21:23   Link #93
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
1. Ends up with someone.
Well she can't marry everyone. And it's an otome so she prob ends up with the main route male. We just have to figure out who the main route male is.

Quote:
Tell me about it. I groaned when Liberta's pick came up first. Noooooo! Think about the future kids, Felicita!
Old 2012-07-03, 00:35   Link #94
FateAnomaly

First episode was not bad but not impressive at all. It felt awkward at times especially the introduce powers part.

P.S. If i were the winner of the tournament i think i would rather get the mama instead. :P
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 08:32   Link #95
tsunade666

Usual JC staff works. It looks good when they want it too look good but more of the time its lacking. I was wtf on the fight scene with the criminal at the first part where I think they had body guards but they just suddenly disappear out of no where. Felicita is cute/cool MC and I'm loving her tsun reaction from the guys that has wild imagination. Will still continue to watch this even if I'm not sure on what I'm watching. It looks like Nove with death arcana is dangerous and that fool guy arcana looks like he can dispel the other arcana?
Old 2012-07-03, 09:45   Link #96
lostcanvas

Well, if it ended in a very typical way, I won't be surprised then...
I'm more interested on how their power will be used through out the whole story.. and those action scenes..
for now, everything in ep 1, seems average, doesn't have much tension, but yet, it somehow attracting audience with all the questioning points.. so let's hope it get better with the plot =)
Old 2012-07-03, 10:06   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Looks like this will be this season's laid-back action show.

Felicita is cute as hell and that's what really counts. Standard otome game lineup true but as long as it remains fun who cares...
Old 2012-07-03, 12:08   Link #98
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Felicita is cute as hell and that's what really counts. Standard otome game lineup true but as long as it remains fun who cares...
As long as Felicita is CUTE who cares
Old 2012-07-03, 12:52   Link #99
Bern-san

Although it looks either Nova or Libertį, they could have gone with the normal ending where Felicitį is very badass (one of the few otomes which I really love the normal ending).

Some Felicitį fanart:

Spoiler for NFSW:
Old 2012-07-03, 15:21   Link #100
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
The first episode was so overpoweringly mediocre in every aspect that I forgot what even happened, every shounen trope and anime archetype you could ever want jammed into 23 minutes (okay not all). But as the guy said above, as long as the main chick is cute people will watch it right? Hell that's why I even checked it out. They know their audience at least. Doubt I'll give this anymore time, I'll see what others have to say about it.

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo