AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-16, 23:26   Link #3821
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
In fact, hearing Zero Two addressing both Ichigo and Goro by their names out of geniune worry and care for their welfare became a bliss.
And this is the pay off for all those slice of life episodes. The bond between squad 13 seems genuine because of all the time we have spent with them and watching the slow process of Zero Two coming to understand what it means to be human.
Old 2018-06-16, 23:49   Link #3822
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Are people just forgetting what the Princess said before she gave Zero Two her power?

She's Not Dead, Chill with the death threats gogoanime people XD
Old 2018-06-16, 23:57   Link #3823
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
You're not considered "dead" in anime until they show your body. She could be passed out in the floor of the cabin. And...since she's the only one who knows how to fight VIRM, she would have to remain alive.
i didn't say which she was "dead" i say she disappeared, but if you follow her "final speech" it's make seens which she really vanquished, since she told which now mankind work to save the world, she used her "last remains of power" to give to zero 2, if anything she could had ended merging with zero 2.

Ofcourse until next episode come we can't say for sure if she is dead or no, but she is really missing and following her speech it's really looks like which at last her "physical body is no more and at best she is now part of zero 2.

Ofcourse it's only expeculation but it's really looks like that.

And to be fair "even if you have a body in anime, the person can come back, even when you saw the body.
Old 2018-06-17, 00:03   Link #3824
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Are people just forgetting what the Princess said before she gave Zero Two her power?

She's Not Dead, Chill with the death threats gogoanime people XD
No...her conscience is just stuck downloaded in the Strelzia Apath when the machine's Windows program crashed.

Now, who's going to want to chance a reboot with no backup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i didn't say which she was "dead" i say she disappeared, but if you follow her "final speech" it's make seens which she really vanquished, since she told which now mankind work to save the world, she used her "last remains of power" to give to zero 2, if anything she could had ended merging with zero 2.

Ofcourse until next episode come we can't say for sure if she is dead or no, but she is really missing and following her speech it's really looks like which at last her "physical body is no more and at best she is now part of zero 2.

Ofcourse it's only expeculation but it's really looks like that.

And to be fair "even if you have a body in anime, the person can come back, even when you saw the body.

Just because you give someone your strength does not mean you're dead or merged with them. People did the same thing in an episode of Black Clover and everyone survived. Besides, her speech to the remaining humans was after she gave her strength to 02. Dead people don't talk. So, she's pretty much alive I bet.
Old 2018-06-17, 01:22   Link #3825
Rnzlr

001 is dead, get over it...
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 01:53   Link #3826
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
The end of a species can't be this anti-climatic
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 01:56   Link #3827
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No...her conscience is just stuck downloaded in the Strelzia Apath when the machine's Windows program crashed.

Now, who's going to want to chance a reboot with no backup?

Just because you give someone your strength does not mean you're dead or merged with them. People did the same thing in an episode of Black Clover and everyone survived. Besides, her speech to the remaining humans was after she gave her strength to 02. Dead people don't talk. So, she's pretty much alive I bet.
that is why i told which she "become part of zero two", if her body really disappeared or her physical form is really dead then her "mind could had go to zero two and now you have 2 peoples inside zero two which lead to my theory about the end:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-06-17, 03:33   Link #3828
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*watches episode 21*

*facepalm*
Whatever...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 04:34   Link #3829
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*watches episode 21*

*facepalm*
Whatever...
Look, it at least wasn't quite as bad as the two that preceded it, it had decent pacing for one . Let's take what we can get .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 05:37   Link #3830
Nymene

Is there any chance we get to see Goro x Ichigo in the next 3 episodes ?

As for Ikuno and Futoshi....ummm.....well....maybe they can get an Isekai summoning to a fantasy world and get their own suitable romantic partners in that other world instead
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 06:58   Link #3831
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So I noticed in the subtitles they were called Apath but in the computer screen after Zero Two takes over, it was called Apus.
Old 2018-06-17, 07:11   Link #3832
RDNexus

CR quality, as usual. Better than nothing, in a sense...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 07:20   Link #3833
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 14:55.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 09:38   Link #3834
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
pictures
ah yes, i've read this one somewhere before..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 10:05   Link #3835
jal90

The creative process behind this show is so

I've grown to like this trainwreck though. The episode this week was a blockbuster epic making up for its weak narration and inconsistent pacing with its energy and grand-scale perspective. It ended up fine, if problematic in so many ways and aspects. The usual for this series I guess, that's why I keep watching it.
jal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 12:25   Link #3836
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The gestalt aliens came, ate every single civilian person then took their colossal phallic object and fled when confronted...

ah well, at least 02's parts were nice. Although 01.....if you still had strength left to fight, maybe not derping and letting yourself be assimilated by some hive mind and actually doing something with your fuck-hueg mech would be a good idea lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^After the Ichigo outrage, they rewrote the script to be more moderate
Afraid of pissing more people they devised a "true enemy" that is perfectly alien so it's not offending any races and groups
Yeah.......right. The general plot was done long before everything else.
Old 2018-06-17, 12:44   Link #3837
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

I know im late for the dicussion regarding te trainwreck due to entrance exam and stuff, but still i want to voice my opinion if that’s okay with you guys.

Firstly, to determine whether or not the reveal is that dumb, let revisit a certain anime that DarFranxx tried to ripoff to see how they manage their big revelation.

There is none.

We finish the show without knowing anything about the nature of Eva, Angel, Adam, Lilith. We only
learn about those from some PS2 game. And by doing so, Anno avoid a trainwreck, by not making the climax of the show, being a huge bombastic battle, rather he made it more psychological, which is exactly what the show did in it runtime. I mean rather than letting the last five episodes being an epic battle in which the monolith guys have an all out attack on NERV or Lilith rising from and fights everyone, instead he lets everyone talk about their feeling. Thank you, Anno.

But the problem is, DarFranxx right from the start was filled with big action scenes, making the opponent a huge alien armada to me isnt that big of a deal. And i know there are people who think it is because the show was serious so suddenly alien is breaking the tone. I know this is personal preference, but to me, the show was always more on the sci-fi side right from the beginning, i mean APE can never be anything rather than either AI or alien, with the way they are established.

I think the problem is that their are too many thing introduced in a very short period of time. VIRM, Star thingy, 01, well, FRANXX are Klaxosaur and Klaxosaur are Dinoman are pretty preditable, but they still count-

So what do you guys think ? And im sorry in advance if i sound impolite or didnt make my point in anyway. English is not my mother tongue, and my vocabulary is bad...
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 13:43   Link #3838
wissenschaft

I really hate Eva's original ending. And plenty of fans of the show did as well, its the whole reason end of Eva was made. That ending felt like all the character development and plot of the show was a huge waste of time and threw it whole sale out the window. Which made me wonder why bother with so many episodes of the show when little of it matter to the ending.

Yeah, I know theres plenty of defenders of the original ending but its the epitome of a controversial anime ending. And frankly, while I can appreciate what the ending attempted to do, I don't want to see such an ending again.

*Deim |Envy| Astaroth

This isn't meant as a rebuttal of anything you said, I suppose the Original Eva ending just triggers me. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deim |Envy| Astaroth View Post
I think the problem is that their are too many thing introduced in a very short period of time. VIRM, Star thingy, 01, well, FRANXX are Klaxosaur and Klaxosaur are Dinoman are pretty preditable, but they still count-
We agree on that. I don't think any of the elements of plot as bad per say in the show, they just needed to be executed better. If EP 21 is any indication, we are going to a strong finish because while the plot hasn't been handled the best, the characters have been portrayed well enough that a lot of people watching the show care about the fate of these kids. Thats a success.

Kind of reminds me of Gundam IBO which had its own pacing/story issues but made you care about the characters pretty well.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-06-17 at 14:03.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 14:00   Link #3839
jal90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deim |Envy| Astaroth View Post
Exactly this. I wouldn't even mind if the alien twist wasn't foreshadowed at all, but it's not given narrative emphasis and relevance. The series is trying to convince me that its erratic focus throughout was all for the greater good and to somehow make the elements converge into this final arc but the fact is it hasn't worked to me. The early conflicts among the pilots now seem irrelevant to the story, and now we have all of a sudden a structure of events that increase the scale and scope of the series with no effective transition or buildup that should make me care. It can be entertaining or mildly exciting, but it lacks all kinds of proper emotional attachment.
jal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 14:40   Link #3840
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Is there any chance we get to see Goro x Ichigo in the next 3 episodes ?

As for Ikuno and Futoshi....ummm.....well....maybe they can get an Isekai summoning to a fantasy world and get their own suitable romantic partners in that other world instead
Ikuno went full gray hair so she doesn't have much time left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
Nope, not until I see a body.