AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 16:29   Link #21
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Yeah to bad Alter Fable never was translated... we could have all used some therapy after Alternative...
Old 2012-06-26, 01:01   Link #22
gbatemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Yeah to bad Alter Fable never was translated... we could have all used some therapy after Alternative...
No, Altered Fable also induces rage.
It's pretty good though, I read it (Not really I can only semi read Japanese, I'm fluent conversationally so I more listened to it).

That goddam volleyball game. I spent countless nights trying to figure out how it works, and I even had my one of my friends Read the Japanese instructions for me and we both didn't know what the hell it meant. Also the sled/ski game is very RAGE INDUCING. Doesn't help that the win in a volleyball game is required for a good ending.
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 02:06   Link #23
Sendou
Forever Young

Altered Fable is quite funny so it was worth the trouble. Scars from Alternative slowly healed thanks to its outrageous humor.

I concur about the games though. I thought the sled game was the end of it, but they just had to include the volleyball game. I love the storm vanguard theme, but damn, I detest playing such minigames with horrible mechanics even with my favorite track playing in the background.
Sendou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 02:13   Link #24
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Can you give instructions for the mini games then ? i'm thinking of playing Altered Fable even if i have to use some translator... but it seems without some explanation of those minigames i'll be lost...
Old 2012-06-26, 02:21   Link #25
gbatemper

Quote:
Can you give instructions for the mini games then ? i'm thinking of playing Altered Fable even if i have to use some translator... but it seems without some explanation of those minigames i'll be lost...
I gave up and used a save file from sagaoz.

>The sex was all a dream bad end
Old 2012-06-26, 02:22   Link #26
gbatemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendou View Post
Altered Fable is quite funny so it was worth the trouble. Scars from Alternative slowly healed thanks to its outrageous humor.

I concur about the games though. I thought the sled game was the end of it, but they just had to include the volleyball game. I love the storm vanguard theme, but damn, I detest playing such minigames with horrible mechanics even with my favorite track playing in the background.
true. nice to see another person who actually is fluent and read altered fable.
Old 2012-06-26, 02:42   Link #27
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post
No, Altered Fable also induces rage.
It's pretty good though, I read it (Not really I can only semi read Japanese, I'm fluent conversationally so I more listened to it).

That goddam volleyball game. I spent countless nights trying to figure out how it works, and I even had my one of my friends Read the Japanese instructions for me and we both didn't know what the hell it meant. Also the sled/ski game is very RAGE INDUCING. Doesn't help that the win in a volleyball game is required for a good ending.
Whats the problem? I lost both and got endings anyway. I used machine translation all the way.

Spoiler for tag:

Loved the way everyone comes back in for one last gathering though. And the 'ball game' got me rolling in stitches. Only other side-story this interesting was the AyuMayu alternative... which i don't really want to remember...

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-06-26 at 02:57.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 02:48   Link #28
Sendou
Forever Young

Quote:
sled ski is easy to figure out, but hard to control considering a slight mistake in pressing the side keys can jeopardize your attempt to change direction. I think it was w, a , s, d for directions... or was it the arrow keys? It's been a long time since I played it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post
I gave up and used a save file from sagaoz.

>The sex was all a dream bad end
Dream, but it showed Takeru which girl he's most conscious of. Didn't Mana and Maya also mentioned that the choices he made in that matrix-like world is not entirely farfetched since he would've done the same in the real world?

Also, you mentioned good ending but requires winning the volleyball game?

ARE YOU SERIOUS? ITS POSSIBLE TO WIN? Whoever is capable of such things deserves a medal.
Old 2012-06-26, 02:53   Link #29
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:

Also, you mentioned good ending but requires winning the volleyball game?

ARE YOU SERIOUS? ITS POSSIBLE TO WIN? Whoever is capable of such things deserves a medal.
Try playing against Mitsuki and Haruka... those were the hardest players. And you only need to use your mouse to play the volleyball game, if i remember... there was a trick to it...

I think Mana was saying the dream was linked to whoever was most on his mind then. So if you followed the guide for the hut interactions, you can choose your 'dream', regardless of the game.

Spoiler for tag:
Old 2012-06-26, 02:59   Link #30
Sendou
Forever Young

How do you get Marimo's ending? I got her scene where Yuuko tested Takeru's commitment for Marimo, but I ended up getting Kasumi's ending instead. I don't know where I went wrong.

Spoiler for AF: Marimo Beach Scene:
Old 2012-06-26, 03:05   Link #31
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
How do you get Marimo's ending? I got her scene where Yuuko tested Takeru's commitment for Marimo, but I ended up getting Kasumi's ending instead. I don't know where I went wrong.

Spoiler for tag:
Err... Its Takeru's mind... so nothing to do with the real world.
Spoiler for tag:
Old 2012-06-26, 03:11   Link #32
Sendou
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Err... Its Takeru's mind... so nothing to do with the real world.
Spoiler for tag:

Spoiler for AF:

Last edited by Sendou; 2012-06-26 at 03:22.
Old 2012-06-26, 03:14   Link #33
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Spoiler for tag:
Spoiler for tag:

Found a guide, http://translate.google.com/translat...wikidb.info%2F
Old 2012-06-26, 03:17   Link #34
Sendou
Forever Young

Spoiler for AF:

Thanks for the guide. Will use it soon.
Old 2012-06-26, 03:23   Link #35
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Spoiler for AF:

Thanks for the guide. Will use it soon.
You're welcome

Try AyuMayu Alternative next. Its got more Lolz and insanity than the rest... Its the true difference between super robots and real robots...
Old 2012-06-26, 20:41   Link #36
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Seems like the vn for Total Eclipse will be for the consoles... I hope there will be a PC version someday...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/26...f-luv-for-ps3/

I'm curious whether it will come with a figma like the 360 release. If it turns out to be Yui, then I'm afraid I'll have to give in, and make my wallet sad once again.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 20:47   Link #37
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Seems like the vn for Total Eclipse will be for the consoles... I hope there will be a PC version someday...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/26...f-luv-for-ps3/

I'm curious whether it will come with a figma like the 360 release. If it turns out to be Yui, then I'm afraid I'll have to give in, and make my wallet sad once again.
LUV FOR MUV LUV!

I'm just hoping they release some english language ver of the VNs someday. TE coming to PC is more or less an given, if they have it for consoles. After all, they are releasing the ML trilogy for the PC for the 4th time. Windows 7 ver.

Too bad rUGP v6.0 is not compatible with any text hooker currently. Anyone know if they worked around it yet?
Old 2012-06-26, 21:01   Link #38
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Haven't heard of anyone finding the /h code for v6 yet.

But do you even need that? From your posts, it seems your Japanese is fluent enough to get past the language and technical barriers for the novels.

As for the win7 release, I' praying they'll use new sprites for it. The new look of the Shiranui and Raptor in TDA were just spectacular above all reasons. Just thinking how they'll improve those things even more just makes feel ecstatic. Any word whether it'll be all Ages? I'm starting to miss the pointy mountains after going through Chronicles 3.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 21:26   Link #39
gbatemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Haven't heard of anyone finding the /h code for v6 yet.

But do you even need that? From your posts, it seems your Japanese is fluent enough to get past the language and technical barriers for the novels.

As for the win7 release, I' praying they'll use new sprites for it. The new look of the Shiranui and Raptor in TDA were just spectacular above all reasons. Just thinking how they'll improve those things even more just makes feel ecstatic. Any word whether it'll be all Ages? I'm starting to miss the pointy mountains after going through Chronicles 3.
The novels are awfully boring.
It's mostly like a typical mecha LN, except for the occasional info dumps on muv-luv world history or tsf capabilities, in addition to some internal politics mixed in. The rest is either perverted humor with Yuuya being the mature one while his comrades fool around, Moe moments, etc. The manga is better, it's less boring, but it's stuck on volume 3 after getting a new artist.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-26, 21:41   Link #40
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
So asking here too. Is there a story synopsis for Alternative? I could only find one for Extra/Unlimited. I remember reading somewhere years ago about some dark plotlines and grim deaths

Also what's the deal with alternative 1-5

And Total Eclipse (paper) novels share only the setting, but not the characters with Alternative and Extra/Unlimited, right?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto