AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 184 76.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 13.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 3.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.92%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-19, 23:13   Link #81
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
...I think this episode deserves my first post...

I can only hope for epic-level drama to occur next episode.. too bad it's a freaking week away...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

As unbelievably amazing as this episode was, I have high hopes as to how they will follow this up. Episode 9 will, in my opinion, a make-it or break-it as to how the rest of the story will play out..

i agree with u when simon yelled that... it made me feel sorry for the little guy but also made me wanna tell him to shape up... kamina`s death was inevitable since ( as some 2chan guy so adequately put it) it was interfering with YokoX Simon pairing LOL
Old 2007-05-19, 23:20   Link #82
Tsukou

I'm gonna hafta say that I foresee:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-19, 23:21   Link #83
outlaw97

*looks at episode poll*

This might be one of the few times when a 1 doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad episode

*kicks connection to download faster*
Old 2007-05-19, 23:26   Link #84
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
I'm gonna hafta say that I foresee:

Spoiler:
well i certainly wouldn`t bet against the pairing... this show has a knack for doing the unpredictable and the totally messed up. So much has happened already and its only been 8 episodes. There are 18 more to go. Shit happens. lol
Old 2007-05-19, 23:31   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeek?! For some reason I thought this was a 12 episode wonder..... 26 eps?
Wow..... looks like a brilliant episode but I'll have to watch it first. At the moment, sorry but I'm thinking something similiar to Tsukuyomi Moon Phase's climactic pivotal episode and its aftermath.
Old 2007-05-19, 23:32   Link #86
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
well, I can bet Shimon x Yoko is NOT happening.

Its NIA people!! Next episode Shimon destiny encounter with her (well.. according to her at least). Sleeping princess Nia, and a hero who just lost his way; can't get any more classic than that. Its Nia x Shimon!!
She just replace Kamina naming episodes and also doing the preview. Next main heroine is here!
Old 2007-05-19, 23:32   Link #87
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Thumbs up

I just had to give this episode a 10! If the mods put in an 11, I'd vote for that if I could!

Wow! An epic ride from start to finish! Drama, comedy, pathos and all the hot-blooded mecha action you can shake a stick at! I agree with what's been said: "How can Gainax top this?"

The word for the day is "EPIC!"

Old 2007-05-19, 23:42   Link #88
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
well, I can bet Shimon x Yoko is NOT happening.

Its NIA people!! Next episode Shimon destiny encounter with her (well.. according to her at least). Sleeping princess Nia, and a hero who just lost his way; can't get any more classic than that. Its Nia x Shimon!!
She just replace Kamina naming episodes and also doing the preview. Next main heroine is here!
But, isn't Nia...

Spoiler for Nia:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-19, 23:55   Link #89
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
But, isn't Nia...

Spoiler for Nia:
well.. we still don't know what she is.. but even if she is not a human, the non-human princess pairing is popular in anime recently, well since long ago.. Lodos, with an elf. Tsukihime, with a vampire. Fate, with spirit being, Code geass: with unknown immortal. Eureka 7, hmm with something I didn't watch. Moon phase, with loli vampire. and many more. Don't think its strange anymore :\... (even the logo girl of anime suki forum up there isn't a human either)

oh yeah, Nia's VA also did Nono's voice from Gun buster.
Old 2007-05-19, 23:59   Link #90
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I know exactly what you mean, but my point was that Simon x Nia may not end up happily.

I'm fine anyway for any pairing so long as it's well-developed on solid accounts, but I'm just not dismissing Yoko and Simon either.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-20, 00:23   Link #91
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't totally dismiss a YokoXSimon... just that it'll take a lot of development to be believable and something tells me that 18 episodes of deep character-driven romance drama is not what the show's focus is.

crap... I need to see the episode before I can really babble intelligently <shutting up for now>
Old 2007-05-20, 00:41   Link #92
Omniscient

I think Simon's final line reflects how I feel perfectly:
"On that day, we lost someone irreplaceable."
Old 2007-05-20, 00:49   Link #93
Takeo
Jetsetter

I wish I'd waited til morning to watch the raw...but man, the loss of an hour or two of sleep was worth it. I'm still in awe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't totally dismiss a YokoXSimon... just that it'll take a lot of development to be believable and something tells me that 18 episodes of deep character-driven romance drama is not what the show's focus is.

crap... I need to see the episode before I can really babble intelligently <shutting up for now>
It took only 8 episodes for (one of) the only Kamina X Yoko moment(s)....I'm not saying Simon X Yoko will happen (I don't think it will), but "a lot of development" in this kind of show could mean a five minute chat between characters. Heck, Simon at the beginning of this episode
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 01:05   Link #94
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well.. there *was* a lot of subtext in every YokoxSimon interaction -- so allowing for that action focus (and the fact she specifically left her village to follow Kamina), we got a fairly acceptable level of believability. The tragedy is that they spent all that energy getting through the "wrassling" courting part and hardly any "coo" reward.

<shrug> we'll just have to hang on the edge of our seats to see what happens next. I'm still kind of agog that I'm hooked on the show (not really a mecha fan but this has so many other elements going for it).
Old 2007-05-20, 01:44   Link #95
negativeone

Spoiler:
whats going to happen with the show now??? i just cant see simon all kamina-like and yoko all emo-like
Old 2007-05-20, 01:45   Link #96
outlaw97

Just finished the episode, and I'm speechless. I mean, the raw emotion and spirit in this episode negates the need for subtitles.

Spoiler:

Ok, so that's a loaded statement, but it's definitely one way of looking at it. Either way, Gainax has made Kamina the perfect man now. He's immortalized, untouchable.

Now comes the hard part - getting Simon out of Kamina's shadow. I'm suddenly reminded of a bumper sticker I saw that read, "What would Jesus do?"

No no no, it's - "What would Kamina do?"

Man, this is not something I should've watched right before sleeping, even though I feel drained now

But let's not forget one of Kamina's laws:

Spoiler:

Last edited by outlaw97; 2007-05-20 at 01:49. Reason: Added Kamina-law
Old 2007-05-20, 02:07   Link #97
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
Now comes the hard part - getting Simon out of Kamina's shadow.
There you go.
Old 2007-05-20, 02:18   Link #98
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I read somwhere that:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 02:28   Link #99
serventarcher

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 02:36   Link #100
quina

Spoiler:

Last edited by quina; 2007-05-20 at 02:59.
Closed Thread