AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-10-29, 14:41   Link #1
Angel of Avalon

Exclamation Anime music on vinyl....?

Hi

I'm very new here. But I have a really burning question...

Please please tell me, that it is possible to order / buy anime music on vinyl!!!

And if you where I can do this, please be so kind as to tell me...

Sincerely
Sandra
The Netherlands
Angel of Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 15:09   Link #2
Soul Bro Ryu
Your Neighborhood Newtype

Send a message via ICQ to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via AIM to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via MSN to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Bro Ryu
I've always wondered that too. And with the resurgence of vinyl in Japan (thanks to hip hop turntablists) it makes me wonder if their starting to reprint recent soundtracks on LPs. I'm sure Champloo would be a prime candidate, but I'd be more interested in what was originally on vinyl, like the OSTs for "SDF Macross", "Mobile Suit Gundam", or "Zeta Gundam" to name a few.

If anyone can help, please drop a gem on us. ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 18:58   Link #3
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Yahoo Japan Auctions is usually a good place to look for these sorts of things.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 06:51   Link #4
Angel of Avalon

Hmm, hip hop is allright, but I was more looking for hardcore tracks or ambiant to mix it with the music I allready have

but if some-one has music from "mirage of blaze" or "ghost in the shell" or "Triggun" ... I'd be very happy

Please, some-one must know something...

A record company name, or such things...

Angel of Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 03:33   Link #5
marcosv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Bro Ryu
I've always wondered that too. And with the resurgence of vinyl in Japan (thanks to hip hop turntablists) it makes me wonder if their starting to reprint recent soundtracks on LPs. I'm sure Champloo would be a prime candidate, but I'd be more interested in what was originally on vinyl, like the OSTs for "SDF Macross", "Mobile Suit Gundam", or "Zeta Gundam" to name a few.

If anyone can help, please drop a gem on us. ^_^
Wow. The concept of old BGMs on vinyl brings back memories. I remember how ticked I was that the CDs versions of some my favorites didn't have all the tracks that were on the original vinly release. Sayonara Galaxy Express and Macross: Do You Remember Love? to name a few.

I was curious: how expensive does a turn table have to be to do vinyl justice?
marcosv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 20:25   Link #6
Anrui Ukimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosv
Wow. The concept of old BGMs on vinyl brings back memories. I remember how ticked I was that the CDs versions of some my favorites didn't have all the tracks that were on the original vinly release. Sayonara Galaxy Express and Macross: Do You Remember Love? to name a few.

I was curious: how expensive does a turn table have to be to do vinyl justice?
Well, as one of those nerds who collects old anime LPs, I'll throw in my two cents.

I admit, the only anime LP that I know of that is NEW is the Appleseed Movie Single Vinyl. You can buy it from AnimeJungle.

As for old ones, look on Ebay and at conventions. I have 14 33rpm and 4 45rpm records, and all of them either came from EBay or AX.

As for turntables, a good quality one is really all you need, as long as you have a good amp and speaker setup. As neat as they are, you don't need a obscenely expensive player. If you are a real nut like my Dad, get one that plays 78s.

That's all I can think of at the moment. ^^

~Anrui out!
Anrui Ukimi is offline   Reply With Quote