AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-03, 20:47   Link #281
Demon6666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
No she wants to kill "Teresa" again to feel the enjoyment from it. She doesn't care about good or evil anymore.

No she remembered just fine. It wasn't until her fight with Isley that she lost her memory.

yeah when she met Raki she wanted to find the source of the scent on him. The scent intrigued her because it was somehow familar. So she had to gain his trust by not eating any humans in hope that one day Raki would lead her to the souce of the scent. But when she found it she didn't need him anymore. She destroyed the town they were in and ate all the humans.
Because that sounds very human to me
Priscilla may have remembered, but she was also freshly awakened and had a new warped sense of thinking. She probably didn't even know that she was an awakened being imo. she was only a recruit when she awakened and seemed 'seduced' by the power of it.

killing teresa from enjoyment well maybe. Teresa was evil, and she was good. because she is awakened of course she would enjoy it. It's a twisted sort of judgment being awakened.

and with the raki thing, well, don't forget that Priscilla literally didn't know anything at that point. all that she knew was that the answer to her humanity was with that scent. so of course it was important to her. besides, she seemed to have liked raki and actually saved his life.

i'm not sure however if she ate the towns people at that point. you may be right but even if you are she had been in starvation for seven years and probably felt excited to figure out her own past.
Old 2011-12-03, 20:55   Link #282
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
Priscilla may have remembered, but she was also freshly awakened and had a new warped sense of thinking. She probably didn't even know that she was an awakened being imo. she was only a recruit when she awakened and seemed 'seduced' by the power of it.
Yeah........
thats obvious
But she still awakened and went on to killing people.
Quote:
killing teresa from enjoyment well maybe. Teresa was evil, and she was good. because she is awakened of course she would enjoy it. It's a twisted sort of judgment being awakened.
Yes but after she had awakened she didn't care about what was good or evil. and she really wants to kill Clare again so that she can feel like she did after killing Teresa.

Quote:
and with the raki thing, well, don't forget that Priscilla literally didn't know anything at that point. all that she knew was that the answer to her humanity was with that scent. so of course it was important to her. besides, she seemed to have liked raki and actually saved his life.
Yes, she really wanted to find the source of the scent. She also did save him but that was just out of gratitude for leading her that far.
So i don't know what you are trying to say by these facts. You're not proving anything, (at least i don't think youu are. I don't know what you're trying to prove) you are just stating the obvious

Quote:
i'm not sure however if she ate the towns people at that point.
Well that destroyer rod might have killed a few people but im pretty sure that Priscilla killed most of them.

Quote:
you may be right but even if you are she had been in starvation for seven years and probably felt excited to figure out her own past.
Does that justify her killing so many humans?

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-03, 21:22   Link #283
Demon6666

Quote:
Yeah........
thats obvious
But she still awakened and went on to killing people.

Yes but after she had awakened she didn't care about what was good or evil. and she really wants to kill Clare again so that she can feel like she did after killing Teresa.

Yes, she really wanted to find the source of the scent. She also did save him but that was just out of gratitude for leading her that far.
So i don't know what you are trying to say by these facts. You're not proving anything, (at least i don't think youu are. I don't know what you're trying to prove) you are just stating the obvious

Well that destroyer rod might have killed a few people but im pretty sure that Priscilla killed most of them.

Does that justify her killing so many humans?
No ofcourse not. Justice is relative afterall.

Both of us are merely stating our opinions on the subject and the truth is that we don't really know just how much Priscilla remembers. Your saying that Priscilla is evil because she enjoys killing humans and wanting to kill Teresa/ Clare, but I'm saying that she's merely acting on instinct simply trying to figure out her own past.

Once again this is my opinion and am not stating it as fact.
Old 2011-12-03, 21:33   Link #284
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Well yes it is her instinct to kill humans. SHE IS A MONSTER. but as a monster she also enjoys doing it. It is her instinct to be a monster, but she also wants to figure out her past and when she did she went to go and try to kill Clare.

And we do know that priscilla remembers most of everything about her past. (Except Teresa's face, which is weird)
Chapter 103 page 16-21 it explains it well

Chapter 104, page 2 (it just says it in a caption)

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-03, 21:44   Link #285
Demon6666

Quote:
Well yes it is her instinct to kill humans. SHE IS A MONSTER. but as a monster she also enjoys doing it. It is her instinct to be a monster, but she also wants to figure out her past and when she did she went to go and try to kill Clare.

And we do know that priscilla remembers most of everything about her past.
Chapter 103 page 16-21 it explains it well

Chapter 104, page 2 (it just says it in a caption)
Just read those chapters you posted on my iPhone, but it seems a little contradictory. Chapter 103 16-21 states she only remembers a corpse and a head but not the face, then 104 pg 2 states she remembered everything.

To me it seems as if Priscilla remembers the ecstasy, humiliation and pain of being owned by teresa, but nothing much else. We dont even know of Priscilla remembers Teresa's name
Old 2011-12-03, 21:49   Link #286
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
To me it seems as if Priscilla remembers the ecstasy, humiliation and pain of being owned by teresa, but nothing much else. We dont even know of Priscilla remembers Teresa's name
No she does not remember Teresa's face, but i don't know if she remembers her name. I do know that she wants to kill Clare in hopes of feeling the same pleasure as when she killed Teresa.

But in Chapter 103 page 21 it also stated that she had regained her memories. (I assume all of them excluding Teresa's face)

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-04, 04:29   Link #287
murikibishii

I don't see what the big deal is with Cassandra talking shit to Roxanne of all people, a person with whom C has a very specific kind of relationship and is sure to want to get back at in every way possible, including verbally. If C talked the same way in general, that would be on the crude side, but not so much with R, and C's been focused on R from the moment C awakened. Given the way R has abused C, and the kind of air of superiority R likes to carry, calling R shit actually seems like a good move to try and get under R's skin. C likely isn't as articulate as the sharp-tongued R either way, so it works out better for C to just be plain and crude instead of trying to be clever with words to make the same point.
Old 2011-12-04, 05:20   Link #288
MalakTawus

I like the dialogue in this chapter.
Who cares if they talk like that?They are AB now so there is nothing wrong for them to be like that even if their human-personality is different.
Old 2011-12-04, 05:29   Link #289
Gooral
Banned

I care. Sure they've changed and have become someone else entirely and it's understandable Cassandra is pissed at Roxanne and wants to humiliate her. But that doesn't change the fact that it's annoying to read "shit" every time Cassandra opens her mouth. She became a villain with a Duff's brain. "Me crush. Me kill. You female or male shit?" It's easier to write a villain like that rather than more complex and intelligent like Riful. For now Cassandra as a Claymore seemed way more interesting than she is now and I doubt it will change since all that's left are fights and she won't have a chance to say sth intelligent for once. In other words she's in deep shit now and I doubt she will manage to overcome this.

Anyway, Cassandra is on my shit list, Hysteria is full of shit, Audrey is shitting bricks and about Rachel I don't give a shit. But shit happens, let's hope Yagi will make a better chapter next time.
Old 2011-12-04, 06:08   Link #290
MalakTawus

Ok i get it.
For some people the way they talk is annoying,i guess i'm lucky that i don't find it annoying at all,on the contrary i find it interesting since it's very different from the usual

Also i don't agree that Cassandra is like Dauf,not at all.
They talk in a very similar way,but their attitude and feeling around them is completely different imo.
For example Dauf gave me the impression of being really stupid,Cassy not at all.Just because a character speaks like that it doesn't mean that it can't be a great character,they are "newborn" monsters afterall and their emotions are probably completely out of control,it's not so strange for them to behave like that imo,and sure as hell it's not so strange for them to not be as composed as the old AOs that had TONS of years to gain their "equilibrium"......(even if Luciela gave me the impression to have a dirty mouth too,lol)

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-12-04 at 06:27.
Old 2011-12-04, 08:47   Link #291
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

It's amazing how quickly the topic veered to Priscilla and her motives

What's my current stance on it? Honestly....I don't know at this point -- most of my recent analysis' on her, have been more rants on Yagi's part then trying further to understand her (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=840, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost......admittingly, these posts are on the old-side now (even though nothing relatively new has come up on her), and it has been awhile since I've deep-thinked on my favorite mystery girl, but could you blame me?

Yagi threw a wrench at basically everything we knew about her with this scent-business, leaving us precious little to really understand her -- and it doesn't help with, with certain aspects we figured out through better translations (like Raki is born, not in Luciella's south, but in the southern part of the west...Riful's territory)...

Really, in all honestly, while I do think we've gotten closer to understanding her better then ever in one sense, I'm sort of lost on the other...it's why I'm hoping against hope that Yagi really doesn't muck up this whole Blob-stuff....because, beyond Claire and many other things, it's a huge opportunity for development on Priscilla as well; in particular, to streamline alot of issues and clear up some mysteries, and at this point, we kind of deserve it.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-12-05 at 13:44.
Old 2011-12-04, 09:29   Link #292
Arlenis
Of Lights

I thoroughly enjoy the Dialogue between Roxanna and Cassandra. Finally Cassandra is just being the confident girl she should have always been. If she had been that way initially she would have never been killed by that scheming bitch, Roxanna. Roxanna now decides "Oh wait, I'm amazing according to umm...myself...so I think I'll attack her." She then finds out she's not that amazing (aside from her lovely supermodel form which I LOVE). Cassandra then restates it for her that she is JUST the number two and could never have beaten her in the first place if she went all out on her one on one. Just my opinion.

Also, does anyone else think that Miria's deep throating Hysteria caused her warped form in any way? I mean what if she gets that sword out of her throat and "finishes" her forms design...so to speak. (Wishful thinking) I still hate her either way.
Old 2011-12-04, 09:46   Link #293
Gooral
Banned

I'm pretty sure that whoever will manage to pull the sword out of Hysteria's throat will become the king of the island. Now I know the purpose of Raki in the story. He's going to become next king Arthur AKA Arturro.

Edit:
English scanlation is out.
Old 2011-12-04, 09:54   Link #294
Arlenis
Of Lights

It seems I will NEVER be able to rep you again Gooral. Sigh. That doesn't stop me from trying. I nearly died laughing at that. AHAHAH.
Old 2011-12-04, 10:33   Link #295
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 121:
Old 2011-12-04, 10:35   Link #296
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I just read the translated version. It was okay i guess.
My grading scale:
General story/plot +4 (just to start it off)

Hysteria has an ugly AB form and was very annoying -1

Cassandra kept saying shit -1

But at least Roxanne has an interesting AB form +1

The Ghosts arrived so that was the best part of the chapter +3

And Raki was in this chapter +1

I will give this chapter a 7 overall.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-04, 10:37   Link #297
Gooral
Banned

BTW, vol. 21 had it's premiere on December the 2nd with some awesome undercovers. You can check them out in the image thread. Three ZAOs made their appearance there and there is also naked woman with a snake.
Old 2011-12-04, 10:39   Link #298
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I actually liked this chapter a bit. Awakened Cassandra completely proved me wrong when I thought she wouldn't be mobile...though I'm not exactly sure how she is dodging. It's like she's reading Roxanne's memory card...time for controller port #2.

I'm starting to wish again that we would have seen far more of the former Abyssals in combat. That way we could actually compare these new ones to them. I'm just trying to imagine each of them vs Cassandra and Roxanne so far. But due to having such limited examples, it's kinda hard to say. Perhaps Priscilla fighting them will show the truth.
Old 2011-12-04, 11:12   Link #299
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Shit Shit Shit Shit......Lol those crazy kids and their profanity and Cassandra with her bullet time shenanigans.

All an all a decent chapter, but really how can Hysteria not reach one of her damn crab legs up to the hilt of the sword I mean come on!

Also great ending "Miria we came all this way too beat you up!"

Then look at that last page look right at Miria she looks completely back to normal damn she calms down fast. But thats probably just because of the distance shes at on the page.

Last edited by TheRussianMeatClob; 2011-12-04 at 11:23.
Old 2011-12-04, 11:13   Link #300
lordshadowisle

Pretty decent chapter. The new awakened forms are rather unusual, though only Roxanne's was as impressive as the previous Abyssal forms. Hysteria's form was quite... impractical, though combat wise its probably the most mobile form ever. Won't count for much though if she dies of starvation due to being unable to remove the sword stuck in her throat, though its likely that she's just taunting Miria.

Lol at the MIB's reactions. Probably shit their pants. Looks like its a good time to return to the mainland and surrender.
Closed Thread