Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2019-08-26, 10:06   Link #41
Toukairin
Banned

This happened yesterday.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hong Kong police fire gun and use water cannon on protesters

Water cannons are one thing, and those are already bad even when it's used in Western countries because of the risk for injuries out there. But pointing loaded firearms at a crowd and firing warning shots are a no-no in any playbook on crowd control. Furthermore, there's that one cop kicking a protester who was sitting on the ground. Finally, they also arrested a 12-year-old in that. Obviously, nothing to rebuild any form of trust between police and protesters.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-28, 10:00   Link #42
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49428931

BBC article on China’s tactics on taking on the protests.

Some highlights included showing old news footage of British LEOs dispersing protestors in the 1984 miner’s strikes and the 2011 riots to call out the West for double standards, having their own anti-China Gang of Four propaganda and praising foreigners who call out on the protest groups for breaking Chinese laws.

Aside from that Australian guy in the airport, a Greek man confronted protestors in Melbourne for breaking Chinese laws.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-29, 21:38   Link #43
Toukairin
Banned

Just in: Joshua Wong and Andy Chan arrested.

Quote:
The group said Wong was “forcefully pushed into a private minivan on the street” while walking to a subway station at about 7.30am. He was then taken to police headquarters in Wan Chai. Chow was arrested at her home and also taken to the Wan Chai police headquarters, according to Demosisto.
Quote:
In a separate incident, Chan, the head of a now banned pro-independence political party was arrested at Hong Kong International Airport while on his way to Japan, according to Hong Kong Free Press.
I don't know what they are playing at here. Wong was not even a major player in the summer riots so far unlike back in the 2014 Umbrella movement. Scattershot tactics never work at all.
Old 2019-08-29, 22:24   Link #44
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/08/2...vt-protesters/

A bounty website was put up for anyone who can provide assistance to arrest protestors involved.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2019-08-30, 04:39   Link #45
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I guess it's over

The "revolution" is dead now (not that they have any chance to begin with lol).
Now is the time to round up the criminals responsible for this mess and give them what they deserve.
Old 2019-08-30, 07:14   Link #46
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Agnes Chow, one of the party leaders, was also arrested in her apartment. This is an important development to cut the rioters off at the knees.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2023-04-28 at 13:36.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 09:31   Link #47
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

When Carrie Lam suggested withdrawing the extradition treaty, Beijing said no.

Quote:
The Chinese central government rejected Lam’s proposal to withdraw the extradition bill and ordered her not to yield to any of the protesters’ other demands at that time, three individuals with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN1VK0H6
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 09:37   Link #48
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
I guess it's over

The "revolution" is dead now (not that they have any chance to begin with lol).
Now is the time to round up the criminals responsible for this mess and give them what they deserve.

The only criminal I see here is the old c*** who started this mess with that extradition law proposal and then destroying the statu quo all by herself. Besides, we have seen throughout history that increasingly desperate people would eventually more desperate means tot push their agenda even despite the presence of a military force.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
When Carrie Lam suggested withdrawing the extradition treaty, Beijing said no.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN1VK0H6
Well, I should say "the old c*** and her d***ish handlers" now. They are the ones responsible for this mess unlike what supporters from that shit government think.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2019-08-30 at 18:58.
Old 2019-08-31, 10:05   Link #49
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

In the wake of major arrests and people protesting against that and the ban order on protesting, the PTU is throwing everything they got in their arsenal, including water cannons with blue dye water.

Old 2019-08-31, 13:14   Link #50
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

If the pro-Democracy folks are throwing Molotovs and bricks, they're not really protesting as much as they are rioting, which makes them criminals. Marking them with dye will be a way to ID who's present, and also acts as a deterrent: time will tell if this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
The only criminal I see here is the old c*** who started this mess with that extradition law proposal and then destroying the statusic quo all by herself. Besides, we have seen throughout history that increasingly desperate people would eventually more desperate means tot push their agenda even despite the presence of a military force.
Actually, you're being the disruptive presence here. If anything, the disorganised and unmotivated youth responsible for most of the trouble in Hong Kong have never tasted real adversity, having only played games and read their manga. When push comes to shove, the people behind the unrest will disintegrate and crumble.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2023-04-28 at 13:39.
Old 2019-08-31, 20:17   Link #51
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Blue dye just means more umbrellas.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-31, 20:19   Link #52
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

You figure there are umbrellas that can withstand the force of a water cannon and leave its user dry? I had a pretty solid umbrella and winds past 40 km/h render it unable to keep me dry.
Old 2019-08-31, 20:42   Link #53
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
If the pro-Democracy folks are throwing Molotovs and bricks, they're not really protesting as much as they are rioting, which makes them criminals.
And so are the pigs using pepper sprays and beating people with batons in a metro station, which are against all existing safety limits for most riot police units out there. When I see stuff like that on video, I want to puke on every single argument preaching horseshit on "law and order" and "blue lives matter" when specific police units are not even fit to perform the primary duty of "serving and protecting" the citizen.

On a different matter, it looks like protestors in London and in Moscow are also not standing down when it comes to tell their respective governments to go piss off after their respective abuses of power.

Protesters are marching in London, Hong Kong and Moscow today. Here's why. (Newsweek)

No matter where they come from, autocrats and wannabe autocrats deserve to fall in the hardest way possible.

edit: Now this is very interesting. Undercover cop being an agent provocateur much, eh?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

No anarchist would carry a red light on clothes and backpack for identification.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2019-08-31 at 21:17.
Old 2019-08-31, 23:25   Link #54
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

MTR is limiting ops to some stations like Wan Chai and Admiralty.

The Raptors are brought in again to back up PTU.

Word going around is to conduct blockades going in and out of the airport instead of going in the airport proper.

Old 2019-09-01, 00:01   Link #55
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
And so are the pigs using pepper sprays and beating people with batons in a metro station, which are against all existing safety limits for most riot police units out there. When I see stuff like that on video, I want to puke on every single argument preaching horseshit on "law and order" and "blue lives matter" when specific police units are not even fit to perform the primary duty of "serving and protecting" the citizen.
Which speaks to how ignorant and stupid you are. The rioters started it first, and the police are absolutely doing the right thing by breaking things up. The rioters need to realise that their actions aren't a video game, and that there are consequences for their actions. So don't act like we don't need cops doing their job: by stopping the rioters in their tracks, they're protecting the rest of us who haven't stooped to the low of destroying property and interfering with society.

At any rate, I’m kind of curious to know who paid for the bail. 1250 USD isn’t exactly outrageous, but not something those two look like they’d have just lying around.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2023-04-28 at 13:42.
Old 2019-09-01, 00:22   Link #56
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...1-20190830.htm

Agnes Chow and Joshua Wong are allowed to leave police custody via bail on HK$10,000. They're told not to go anywhere near Admiralty and stay at their residences between 11 PM - 7 AM.

Their cases are adjourned by the courts for the meantime.

Old 2019-09-02, 23:08   Link #57
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post

Edit: I’m kind of curious to know who paid for the bail. 1250 USD isn’t exactly outrageous, but not something those two look like they’d have just lying around.
I'm not surprised if anonymous people joined up to collect money enough to get bail. This is also happening in the recent Moscow protests.

----

MTR announced that all the stations are in operational control, but with limited service since a risk analysis is being done to determine how much time is needed to ensure all damaged equipment is replaced.

----

A boycott started in all the schools. Not all the students and teachers are doing it though for... schooling reasons.

----

Lam's denying the existence of leaked audio clips that she's willing to step down.

----

Nana Mizuki's agency announced that there's no performance in October due to the protests. I don't know if the Gundam marathon is still going to be done next month.

Old 2019-09-04, 10:07   Link #58
Key Board
Carbon

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN1VP0ZJ

Quote:
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam announced the withdrawal of a controversial extradition bill that has plunged the city into its worst political crisis in decades, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
Time to hold the police accountable for their brutality and give the victims what they deserve.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 20:37   Link #59
Toukairin
Banned

At this rate, there should be a good chunk of people in the HKFP who deserve to be both fired and then get their asses sued in a criminal court of justice. Considering how many photos and videos have been taken to identify individual officers and units involved in that fuckery against civilians, there are plenty of bad cops who should get sued and jailed.

After everything those cops did, they should feel lucky that the vast majority of people still believe in the rule of law. Otherwise, mob justice would have taken place by now in the streets.
Old 2019-09-04, 23:48   Link #60
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...supervisor-and

SCMP reports an incident in Po Lam where the MTR Supervisor was harassed over the closing of MTR stations when the protests started.