AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 17:41   Link #241
kujoe
from head to heel

I hope they show some female turians this time around, though from what I've heard female and male turians have more or less the same features.

I can understand that female salarians and female krogans are rarely seen in public, but I always feel a disconnect when every alien you meet is male while asari represent the female side of the alien populace.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:08   Link #242
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I always wondered about that. With salarians and krogan it's understandable, but why don't we see any female turians?

Or for that matter, why aren't there any female qunari in Dragon Age? The handwave doesn't make complete sense because not all qunari follow the Qun--shouldn't we see some Tal-Vashoth females? Or unaffiliated ones?
Old 2011-04-22, 18:27   Link #243
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I always wondered about that. With salarians and krogan it's understandable, but why don't we see any female turians?

Or for that matter, why aren't there any female qunari in Dragon Age? The handwave doesn't make complete sense because not all qunari follow the Qun--shouldn't we see some Tal-Vashoth females? Or unaffiliated ones?
we've disgussed this in dragon age 2 topic XP
Old 2011-04-23, 04:05   Link #244
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I hope they show some female turians this time around, though from what I've heard female and male turians have more or less the same features.

I can understand that female salarians and female krogans are rarely seen in public, but I always feel a disconnect when every alien you meet is male while asari represent the female side of the alien populace.
There was a female turian in the Evolution comic, they look the same as males, well, the fringe may be a lil different and their hunchback (or whatever would you call that) is smaller XD
Old 2011-04-23, 15:55   Link #245
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
There was a female turian in the Evolution comic, they look the same as males, well, the fringe may be a lil different and their hunchback (or whatever would you call that) is smaller XD
So they can surprise you at anytime pretending to be a male Turian
Old 2011-04-27, 01:14   Link #246
Who

Just thought I'd drop this link here for all you Darwinists.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...f-species.aspx
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 09:11   Link #247
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

so apparently they are working on showing tali's face but MIGHT just leave it alone. they really dont want to dissapoint the fans.

if they really want to please the fans put a poll up. "do you want tali's face to be awe dropping beautiful? decent alien beautiful, asari like.. etc" or not show it at all.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:29   Link #248
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There will always be disappointment, poll or no. I say leave it alone and let everyone's fantasy Tali be the 'right one'.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 15:26   Link #249
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The best choice would be to keep Tali's face covered, because that's what charms people about her character never knowing what she might be behind that helmet. Or it may even increase the number of fans towards her, depending on how well and beautiful they make her face. But that's quite a challenge.
Old 2011-04-27, 16:18   Link #250
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
There will always be people disappointed by however way Bioware makes her true appearance be. Some will be happy with the face reveal while others will be disappointed that it didn't turn out the way they thought.

Which is why I can agree that it might be best if it's left to the fans imagination. But at the same time I wouldn't mind if Bioware decided to give her a face and be done with it.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 22:48   Link #251
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I hope Tali's face doesn't get revealed. Because Tali is such a beloved character of the fanbase, they'd make her at least mostly attractive. And the BAWWW'ing of the "ugly Tali" fanboys and the "bro gamer feminists" (what a contradiction in terms, lol, too bad it's really true) will be so loud our eardrums will explode.
Old 2011-04-28, 01:22   Link #252
kujoe
from head to heel

Might as well leave it alone. Fans have imagined quarians with human-like features and have ascribed similar standards of beauty for them that any deviation that Bioware will make to address their alien, non-human nature will likely be met with criticism. If they do the opposite, they'll be accused of pandering instead.

For now, all we know is that quarians have three fingers and toes on each hand and foot respectively, and that they possess two legs bowed backwards, two eyes and two weird alien ears. Plus, they have weak immune systems and eat more or less the same stuff as turians. They might as well be 'closer' to turians than human in the same way asari are 'closer' to humans than any other race.
Old 2011-04-28, 01:30   Link #253
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Honestly, the best I can see Bioware copping out of this is at most, by showing Tali's hair ( if Quarians even have any ) from her back or something, maybe in the Tali-side ending cutscene or something.

Bioware's stuck between a rock and hard place in terms of satisfying its fans. On one side, the clamor and call for Tali's unmasking is huge, yet so polarized because everyone has this unrealistic expectation. Yet the same time, it's a bit of a cop-out to keep it hidden, and not even hint or show anything of the forbidden fruit as something that has been in the hoping since Mass Effect 1.

Hair is the best middle ground for these kind of things, I would say. It gives a base for continued imagination, yet it also has a semblance of visual beauty to it, as long as it's done well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 01:37   Link #254
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hair is the best middle ground for these kind of things, I would say. It gives a base for continued imagination, yet it also has a semblance of visual beauty to it, as long as it's done well.
...if they even have whatever passes for hair in their race.

I think space is pretty limited inside that suit of theirs.
Old 2011-04-28, 04:35   Link #255
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

From what I gather from the recent interviews the flowing hood the quarians have is representative of hair so they probably don't have any under their masks.

To be honest I think they could get away with showing her face as I think alot of the fans will have the same expectation of her looks from the limited amount of her face you can see through the semi transparent glass of her mask.

I hope what I heard about legion being a non-playable character this time round isn't true =I

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 07:48   Link #256
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ their hoods have been stated to be thair "hair" in ME 1.. not sure tho

and i think legion will be playable at certain momments. like the rest of the crew.
Old 2011-04-28, 08:22   Link #257
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing Tali's face. She's a favorite, sure, and I think most fans would like some sort of canon representation.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 14:31   Link #258
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
News:

Mass Effect 3 is delayed untill the Q1 2012

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/04/ma...ect-3-delayed/

If only it were because EA learned something from the mess Bioware had been making the last year.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 15:07   Link #259
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing Tali's face. She's a favorite, sure, and I think most fans would like some sort of canon representation.
Same here but then I think keeping it hidden has charm as well.

Well it's the same thing with the Master Chief, I think his face should never ever be revealed in anyway but at the same time I really want to see under the mask.

Still I guess while I hold that thought for the MC, in Tali's case I lean towards wanting to see what she looks like more than keeping it hidden

EDITtotally forgot the reason for posting in the first place) The delay is a rather big disappointment, I guess it will be Skyrim for the time being time next year.

Last edited by Bonta Kun; 2011-05-04 at 15:40.
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 16:07   Link #260
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

good its getting pushed back, Im glad it is.

Tags
effect, games, mass