AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-25, 15:46   Link #7521
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Those creature's Cores weren't just drained, they were completely ripped out.

And that's where the difference lies. Draining allows the Core to recover, but ripping it out? That's as unhealthy as it would be for any organ.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:48   Link #7522
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No? Nanoha almost lost her ability to walk because she was stabbed and mauled by one of those stealth drones. The reason overstressing her Core was part of the debate was because her constant overstressing had weakened her to the point where she couldn't react fast enough at a critical time.

That does not take away, however, that overstressing a Core is bad for the health. Like any other organ, putting too much pressure on it causes failure, and like any other organ, that means the entire body suffers as a result.
I mis-typed that. ^^;

I meant to say that Nanoha couldn't walk after getting stabbed because of the over-stressing of her linker core, going into my earlier point of the body seemingly shutting down to protect the linker core.

It's kind of like the heart, really.

If a mage/knight loses too much magic, the body shuts down so they can recover (with help of course).

If the body loses too much blood, the body shuts down so that not all the blood leaks away.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:48   Link #7523
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The book would effectively be a pokedex, though I guess it does function as both.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 18:21   Link #7524
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I see what you tried to say, and I also see that when running into an argument you couldn't counter, you backtracked amazingly fast. So let's stay on the subject of bodycount for a moment. What, to you, counts as a "confirmed" death? Bodies? 'cause that's all we have for the Hucks. And in that case...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wendi's kill count in this image alone is already 17. For one of the younger Cyborgs.

But that's.... pretty much how Nanoha's treated everyone she saved as well. And nobody's giving her any flak over it either.

Don't get me wrong, Thoma being buddy-buddy with the Hucks definitely weirds me out as well, but I keep seeing people say this is different from the other Nanoha series when it really isn't.

There is a difference between Linker Core draining and Linker Core removing. Nanoha had her core drained, but still present. Those beasts that the knights hunted had their cores removed, and none of those looked much alive.
Well… I didn’t know just making your letters bigger means you were right. I think I just need to keep my small in that case.

First no, I didn’t want to enter an argument about what we know or not know by what we see or not see in the series because that is just impossible, doesn’t matter and we really see what we want most of the time. Like that picture: They can be just unconscious I don’t even see blood in those guys. Again picture with no context I can’t tell. Also those tanks look awful. Compare that to clear decease and acknowledge dead bodies in Force is kind of pointless because we never know the fate of those bodies. And I don’t think I care.

And again, you are not looking and the execution Keroko. Nanoha at least show more brains, heart and that her efforts were not just going over people who was a complete evil. I will insist Force doesn’t do a good job on Thoma’s attitude towards the Hückebein when almost any redeemable qualities they had is because they can use it to their advantage. It is different? No, but is not in the same level of Nanoha and is a lot weirder to take this from Thoma. I am saying that this is bad executed which it is.

Also about Linker Cores I just say we haven’t see any confirm case of a mage dying because their liker cores is take out. Also nobody died in the Book of Darkness Incident in A’s, can’t say the same from the Book of the Silver Cross Incident right now and we are not even close to the end according to some people.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:15   Link #7525
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Also about Linker Cores I just say we haven’t see any confirm case of a mage dying because their liker cores is take out. Also nobody died in the Book of Darkness Incident in A’s
Yes, the ships didn't explode and Chrono's father got abducted, Chrono's father went overseas and Lindy didn't go: Noooo
Old 2013-02-25, 19:18   Link #7526
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

To be fair that was Graham who destroyed those ships. Not the Wolkenritter. And the rest of my point still remains: the Hückebein are not like the other antagonist and Thoma’s attitude with them is really odd.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:34   Link #7527
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Well… I didn’t know just making your letters bigger means you were right. I think I just need to keep my small in that case.
...what does this mean?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 19:42   Link #7528
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
...what does this mean?
I pulled a Lex Luthor and went "WRONG!"

He still is, he just won't admit it.

Old 2013-02-25, 19:44   Link #7529
fukarming

I don't think it is whether the Wolkenritter did things as bad as the Hukes that matter at all. I think it is the presentation that is the problem. In A's after 4 episode of the Wolkenritter wrecking chaos, we have ep 5 and 6 which basically to tell us "love the Wolkdenritter!" In Force we never have the ep 5 and 6 moment of A's. They occasionally show the Hukes crack jokes at one and other but not good enough for us to love them the way we love the Wolkenritter.

I don't think it is about facts at all, it is about the feelings. We were told to like the Wolkenritter, the numbers do a 180 "after" the series, yet for force I don't even know if I am supposed to like the Hukes or not: If I am supposed to like them, I need some reason to, if I am supposed to hate them, why did Touma like them so much?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 19:48   Link #7530
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I don't think it is whether the Wolkenritter did things as bad as the Hukes that matter at all. I think it is the presentation that is the problem. In A's after 4 episode of the Wolkenritter wrecking chaos, we have ep 5 and 6 which basically to tell us "love the Wolkdenritter!" In Force we never have the ep 5 and 6 moment of A's. They occasionally show the Hukes crack jokes at one and other but not good enough for us to love them the way we love the Wolkenritter.
THANK YOU!

I said the EXACT SAME THING 2 years ago!

I was trying to counter the bitching Aki and others were doing at the time about how much Force sucked (IIRC, Justin was a part of that as well) and pointing out that the fight, despite how LONG it was taking to complete, was basically episode 1 and 2 of A's and people should stop judging the whole series on the first freaking EPISODE!

Old 2013-02-25, 19:48   Link #7531
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I think that could be the case here but still has the fact the Hucks didn't get those kind of moments and don't show good nature at all. So I really stay there but those are the feelings they bring.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:52   Link #7532
Justin_Brett

I still think it sucks, I just got tired of arguing. We still haven't gotten that moment now, too: maybe in this month's chapter.

Quote:
I pulled a Lex Luthor and went "WRONG!"

He still is, he just won't admit it.
But he wasn't replying to that post, or even to you.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:55   Link #7533
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
I still think it sucks, I just got tired of arguing. We still haven't gotten that moment now, too: maybe in this month's chapter.

But he wasn't replying to that post, or even to you.
But he is right I was mention that thing about just using the word "wrong" in a large size like if that means how big my mistake was.

Also it does suck.
Old 2013-02-25, 20:10   Link #7534
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Wait, hold on...
why are you guys arguing? I lost track of the reason of why it started.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 20:25   Link #7535
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well it start with saying Thoma is too friendly with the Hückebein and he is being kind of an idiot about it. But then it comes out that he does just as Nanoha with the other antagonist. Then we start to compare if the Hückebein are like the other antagonist and here we are.
Old 2013-02-25, 20:40   Link #7536
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
THANK YOU!

I said the EXACT SAME THING 2 years ago!

I was trying to counter the bitching Aki and others were doing at the time about how much Force sucked (IIRC, Justin was a part of that as well) and pointing out that the fight, despite how LONG it was taking to complete, was basically episode 1 and 2 of A's and people should stop judging the whole series on the first freaking EPISODE!
My sincere apologiez i was too blind and biased back then by the S-incident xDU I'm still quite biased now but i started to like some parts of FORCE and while i still think it's pretty mediocre compared with past seasons i'm still eager to see what's gonna happen on the next chapters with Curren's plan, Hardis and the Grendels xD

And totally agreed with fukarming, so far i'm still lost about why i'm supossed to like the Hucks, i mean i like Curren for being ultrabadass but that's pretty much all i can say in their favor xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 20:43   Link #7537
Justin_Brett

Yeah, it sucked back then when you were completely blind to logic and reason about Signum.

Not like now, though.
Old 2013-02-26, 04:08   Link #7538
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Doubtful. So far the story hasn't tried to make the Hucks sympathetic in the same way as the Wolkenritter, where we kind of wanted them to win even though it was a bad thing because we felt for Hayate.

Rather, they've taken the road of the cyborgs, where they do evil things but we do kind of see where they're coming from and how few choices they have in the matter. I think it will follow that route more, where the Hucks are eventually shown the error of their ways and return to the light.

I mean, they gave the Hucks a loli. Third rule of Nanoha: The side with the loli cannot be completely evil.
Old 2013-02-26, 09:05   Link #7539
Justin_Brett

Two of them, maybe.

At least one will have character beyond that archetype.
Old 2013-02-26, 10:21   Link #7540
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Stella's pretty much confirmed due to her loli status.

Arnage's a pretty safe bet too.

Deville and Fortis we know little about. However with the former being a Zafira in all but name, and the later preferring to chase of the TSAB rather than just obliterate them then and there, those two stand a chance as well.

Veyron is the stereotypical "Look at me being all cool while doing morally questionable things" character. Those almost always turn over a new leaf.

Curren is... a wild card, but as the person with the plan and the most killing restraint shown of any infected bar Thoma, still a decent chance at redemption.

Which leaves Cypha, who has been enjoying her situation quite readily all things considered, and Sonica, who we know very little about so far.

Or so I like to believe.

Tags
manga, nanoha force