AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-06, 05:39   Link #1
tyciol
*Artist

Listing censored Hentai?

I'm not talking about mosaics, but a lot of very interesting anime series classified as 'hentai' due to their sex scenes have otherwise enjoyable plots and non-sexual interactions in them.

This got me wondering: since a lot of groups do editing and stuff, if a group were to take out the sex scenes (clip the video) would it be possible to host the shortened versions of these series (non-licensed ones that is) on Animesuki? Maybe with a special "censored H only" category to keep track of them any make sure that nobody's adding actual sukebei-ish content?
Old 2012-03-06, 06:39   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

That's a pretty funny idea. I would imagine it's not against site policy since the series in question would be "hentai" in name only. Are there such series though... and how much would there be left per episode.
Old 2012-03-06, 12:06   Link #3
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
I'm not talking about mosaics, but a lot of very interesting anime series classified as 'hentai' due to their sex scenes have otherwise enjoyable plots and non-sexual interactions in them.

This got me wondering: since a lot of groups do editing and stuff, if a group were to take out the sex scenes (clip the video) would it be possible to host the shortened versions of these series (non-licensed ones that is) on Animesuki? Maybe with a special "censored H only" category to keep track of them any make sure that nobody's adding actual sukebei-ish content?
Interesting point, but the underlying question is why would a group take out the sex scenes anyway (since I'm sure that's the "selling" point ).
Old 2012-03-06, 13:02   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Interesting point, but the underlying question is why would a group take out the sex scenes anyway (since I'm sure that's the "selling" point ).
I think his point appears to be a group would do this for a series where it's story is actually it's main selling point but it has enough sex scenes that it's still hentai. Some sort of "spread the love" movement (by tacking out "the love" ).
Old 2012-03-06, 13:11   Link #5
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Most of the hentai animes don't have any redeeming qualities besides the sex scenes. The animation and music are quite poor in lots of them and the story is also pretty minimal.
Also even if it was adapted from an eroge, the hentai anime will make it look like as if it was a nukige even if the orginal eroge was not that type.

I tend to avoid them, but sometimes watch them if they were adaptions from eroge and so far i am pretty disappointed in pretty much all of them.

However in the case of most eroge that i have read, those games could have had the H-scenes removed and i would still have enjoyed the story, comedy, drama or romance.

Edit:
If you wanted hentai animes without the sex scenes but for other factors like the story, then i would suggest to watch the anime adaptions of eroge that have aired on TV instead of Hentai anime. Like Air, Kanon, D.C. , EF a tale of memories, White Album, Fate Stay Night, Mashiro iro Symphony.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-03-06 at 13:22.
Old 2012-03-06, 17:50   Link #6
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Are you really asking for groups to cut out scenes from an anime they fansub just to let it be listed on a tracker? What do you think they are, 4Kids? That sort of editorializing is way beyond what any self-respecting fansub group should be doing.

The better "solution" would be for Animesuki to allow H content if they want to, and since that's not happening, well...
Old 2012-03-06, 18:49   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The further problem is that someone would have make a decision about what shows are censored enough to qualify in the "censored" category, and I have no idea on what basis we'd make that judgement. I don't think we want to have a screening process/committee to watch all the submissions and see if they're safe to list (though I imagine we may no have trouble recruiting volunteers for such a job, at least at first... )

If someone were to re-edit a show and remove scenes (essentially to make their own edit of a show), I think that would make it a more of a fan creation.

(Also, I was not aware that a lot of groups did any editing as far as the content is concerned (only edits to their subtitled script). In fact, I'm not aware of any that do content edits, but maybe I'm just misinformed.)
Old 2012-03-10, 03:04   Link #8
tyciol
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Are there such series though... and how much would there be left per episode.
I think there would be a good bit left, I recently watched "can I be your lover" or something like that and they talk for around 5 minutes between sex scenes.

As for whether they exist, I don't know, but they would be easy enough to create from hard-subbed subtitled hentai series simply by clipping out the offending scenes.

Soft-subbed translations on the other hand, would require a lot more work, and aren't something I'd know how to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Entertainment value perhaps, and exposing the series to a wider audience who may not otherwise enjoy it if they intentionally avoid shows that have sex scenes in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Most of the hentai animes don't have any redeeming qualities besides the sex scenes. The animation and music are quite poor in lots of them and the story is also pretty minimal.
This is a matter of perspective and taste that may differ.

Besides, poor animation hasn't stopped us from hosting anime yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
If you wanted hentai animes without the sex scenes but for other factors like the story, then i would suggest to watch the anime adaptions of eroge that have aired on TV instead of Hentai anime. Like Air, Kanon, D.C. , EF a tale of memories, White Album, Fate Stay Night, Mashiro iro Symphony.
Have seen Kanon/Ef/Fate, will look into Air/DC/WA/MAshiro though thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Are you really asking for groups to cut out scenes from an anime they fansub just to let it be listed on a tracker? What do you think they are, 4Kids? That sort of editorializing is way beyond what any self-respecting fansub group should be doing.

The better "solution" would be for Animesuki to allow H content if they want to, and since that's not happening, well...
Since the latter solution isn't coming, we go with what we can get.

Also no, I wouldn't badger groups about that, as I agree most would not. Rather, I'd just manually edit out the scenes and leave the remainder of their work.

Most of those scenes have less dialogue anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If someone were to re-edit a show and remove scenes (essentially to make their own edit of a show), I think that would make it a more of a fan creation.
I think as long as things are in order and nothing was added it wouldn't be a fan creation. Skipping scenes is no different than skipping episodes, and in some cases we don't have all the episodes of some series here.

There are probably some case with DVD/Bluray releases of some anime series where we can show the TV airing, but not show the special copy due to the un-obscuration of things like breasts which is more common lately.
Closed Thread