j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

additional info about the Vita VN game remake
the visuals are like Fate/Zero wow!!!
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/08/10/f...re-release-cg/
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 10:56   Link #4123
GDB

Now I'm confused. Are those stills from the OPs, or are they redoing CGs after all? Because previous showings of the "upgraded" CGs were just cropped versions of the originals.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 13:50   Link #4124
Vicious108

Yeah those definitely seem like just stills from the OP to me. ufotable is doing said OP and the animation is distinctly in their F/Z style, so it's gotta be from that.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:30   Link #4125
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Need ufotable Heaven's Feel. Neeeeeeeed it!
Old 2012-08-11, 17:35   Link #4126
Thess

They made Furcoat Gilgamesh look good. It's a miracle! Quick, have them animate Ataraxia and see if they can fix Red Parade Gilgamesh.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 20:58   Link #4127
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
They made Furcoat Gilgamesh look good. It's a miracle! Quick, have them animate Ataraxia and see if they can fix Red Parade Gilgamesh.
Furcoat Gilgamesh always looked good IMO. The new one is obviously superior though.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 21:01   Link #4128
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Furcoat Gilgamesh always looked good IMO. The new one is obviously superior though.
He didn't really look good, imo because of the Takeuchi anatomy made the design look awful.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 04:24   Link #4129
Nayim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RDVo...layer_embedded

New PV.
Old 2012-08-30, 04:38   Link #4130
Kirayuki

The new animation looks pretty good.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 08:44   Link #4131
GDB

They need to stop tempting us and just get us an ufoTABLE Heaven's Feel already!
Old 2012-08-30, 09:24   Link #4132
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They need to stop tempting us and just get us an ufoTABLE Heaven's Feel already!
Better would be rather complete Fate/Stay Night anime remake. I want to see Fate and Unlimited Blade Works from Ufotable too.
By the way, footage in the trailer are from Fate opening. I'm very curious about the openings for Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 09:52   Link #4133
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Better would be rather complete Fate/Stay Night anime remake. I want to see Fate and Unlimited Blade Works from Ufotable too.
I'm being realistic by going for the one that hasn't been done yet. The others can come later, but I think most people would rather have new than just rehash, even if the quality is much better.

Quote:
By the way, footage in the trailer are from Fate opening. I'm very curious about the openings for Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.
If Heaven's Feel even gets one. It didn't in the games.
Old 2012-08-30, 15:13   Link #4134
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The PV says that there are three new intros by ufotable so I assume it will get one.
And HF had an intro in realta Nua.
Old 2012-08-31, 02:04   Link #4135
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
The PV says that there are three new intros by ufotable so I assume it will get one.
And HF had an intro in realta Nua.
Of course, with three new intros they actually mean one with certain scene variation for each route (Like the original Realta Nua and Tales of Xillia).

And I need the full version of Arcadia NOW, the vocalist of earthmind has an amazing voice.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 16:43   Link #4136
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I'm being realistic by going for the one that hasn't been done yet. The others can come later, but I think most people would rather have new than just rehash, even if the quality is much better.
Agreed. All we need is Heaven's Feel. There are other series that don't have animes that can benefit from ufotable's touch, like Tsukihime.
Old 2012-09-01, 14:56   Link #4137
LostHanyou

PV had quite a bit of animated Sakura - THEY MUST BE TELLING US SOMETHING!

Also wut Fate/Zero hanafuda!?!
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 18:59   Link #4138
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Well ... I would hope that there is at least a couple new CG's (and maybe new music tracks) there, because otherwise they are merely repackaging Realta Nua with some shinier gift warping (and cutting off the top and bottom to make it ''HD''), and then selling it off for the same price as their latest VN release, which is just absurd.
I don't think they've tried to market it as anything but a Realta Nua port with "HD" cgs (as you said, just cropped) and ufotable OPs.

Quote:
Did they ever show some of the newer Realta Nua CG's back then before it's release?
No idea.

Quote:
This version is for the new comers (from the Fate/Zero anime, from the looks of it) who want to see what happens next in the story, so they are giving them an easy to access version to get. That's really the only scenario outside of a collector who might want to pay full price for a game that's been out for 8 years already.
Seems to be the case.

Quote:
Anyway, that's more appropriate for the game thread ...
Was thinking that myself, and thus...!
Old 2012-09-07, 20:28   Link #4139
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well then
Quote:
I don't think they've tried to market it as anything but a Realta Nua port with "HD" cgs (as you said, just cropped) and ufotable OPs.
Which is really the thing that bothers me the most, how this entire thing reeks of being a cash in after the Zero anime in order to get as much sales as possible for an overpriced re-release (even though you could still buy both versions of Realta Nua (PC and PS2) to this day ...) with apparently less new content than before (and cropped visuals). Like I said, I would hope that is not the case and there are some new CG's made for this version, but going by what we are seeing thus far ...

Quote:
No idea.
I've done a bit of searching, and I don't know how old these are (if they came out at the same time or before the PS2 port), but going by them, it seems like they have marketed the PS2 Realta Nua with showing off the new CG's in these scans (here and here).

Quote:
Seems to be the case.
Which is fine by me if they want to bring in new people or if these fans want to check out what happens after Zero, but at the same time I really wonder if they couldn't have taken the time to at least re-release it on PC or the PS3 with actual HD graphics, instead of just quickly milking the game to get more money from the new blood.

EDIT: I want to discuss this point since after thinking about it a little more (well a lot more actually, the benefits(?) of being high on coffee I suppose)

Well, on the plus side at least, it's now more likely that the game might see an English release thanks to the Vita version, so I guess that's okay.

Actually, what do you think about this? Can a Vita version with an eventual Fate/Zero English release (on Toonami even?) have a chance to be brought overseas? If so, do think it's a good idea?

I now think it's pretty possible that we might be seeing a fully translated version of Realta Nua(Vita) sometime after (or during) a Fate/Zero airing in North America sometime in the future. This might be the caffeine talking, but it might even be fully voiced, with options for both English and Japanese tracks.

Now if it is a good idea ... I think so, since even though the game has no chance of being commercially a hit (the game had been translated and circulating for forever on the net, VN's don't do well overseas) the Type-Moon fans are certainly going to pay for it, so ...

Last edited by Arabesque; 2012-09-08 at 01:29. Reason: had a crazy idea
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 10:29   Link #4140
Nayim

This is new?
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel