AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-10, 19:28   Link #221
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

A lot of English Trial Decks in release next year.

Oh god, I'll be hell happy if they'll re-release the old batch of JP Weiss Schwarz to English like Black Rock Shooter and Melty Blood. Take my money xD

HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 00:57   Link #222
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Releasing old ones aren't going to get them much justice. Those two especially need A LOT of new cards to compete against the new ones.

I'd rather we get an AB-style release soon. Also, LL!SIF BP announced. And Kantai "wut" Collection.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 17:11   Link #223
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Ever since the announcement of ENG Kantai, a lot of people are going crazy and gaga about it (especially those who have played the actual game). With a lot of characters, there are a lot of possible builds to make with this one xD unleash your inner waifus!

Old 2014-12-14, 18:15   Link #224
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Unfortunately, Kancolle has a lot of shortcoming in term of strategy options, to the point that despite the size of the first booster set, you have very little choices, even less because of the choice of 3 introduced back in August.

Playing Shimakaze and her CX is pretty much mandatory, and yellow give access to an anti salvage for the battle phase (Hatsukaze) and the (in)famous soul +1 support (junyou). Of course, we have a pretty good anti heal (Hibiki), but except Akagi, the best lvl3 are impaired by the lock options the deck provides, so it shuts down the viability of Kongou and Yamato deck.
But past that, the rest is pretty much average (Blue is pretty much trash before the second booster), and there is little to no synergy for specific ship class, except carriers but these are pretty much useless except Junyou, and Hiryuu/Souryuu kai ni in the new set.

And for some reason, Bushiroad is pushing a LOT of "put to clock" cost in the second set. KC2 looks like Rewrite Harvest Festa, but in a way more masochist way than the latter.
Old 2014-12-14, 19:04   Link #225
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I don't know... Blue is still freaking viable. They have a Change that's just....waay unbeatable as a beater, combined with a FIELD BACKUP...
Old 2014-12-14, 19:54   Link #226
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Huh? What change and field backup?
Old 2014-12-14, 21:23   Link #227
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Huh? What change and field backup?
The Change to this isn't just cheap; combine it with this and you got a scary field on your hands.

While you aren't Level 2, you can also use this not just as an attacker, but to keep your other charas from dying. Pretty sweet.
Old 2014-12-15, 05:29   Link #228
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's not exactly viable since you need 2-3 support to make it possible, and one of them is lvl2. The other issue with KC is that change isn't a great mechanic for it because you don't have lot of options to discard stuff (I often have Hibiki bricking my hand/deck because I have no bep in the graveyard, so I often have to suicide Hibiki for the sake of memory/anti heal), and without Souryuu as a backup, it is toasted quite quickly against any lvl1 from a metagame deck.
Meanwhile, Mikuma is a dead card at lvl2 because she doesn't get any marker if she isn't played from the graveyard, which means that you are paying 1 stock for a vanilla 7500.

But the biggest issue with this is that you must either forgo the anti heal mechanic if you want to handle lvl3, or your lvl3 will be weak as hell.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-12-15 at 05:52.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 07:04   Link #229
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's not exactly viable since you need 2-3 support to make it possible, and one of them is lvl2. The other issue with KC is that change isn't a great mechanic for it because you don't have lot of options to discard stuff (I often have Hibiki bricking my hand/deck because I have no bep in the graveyard, so I often have to suicide Hibiki for the sake of memory/anti heal), and without Souryuu as a backup, it is toasted quite quickly against any lvl1 from a metagame deck.
Meanwhile, Mikuma is a dead card at lvl2 because she doesn't get any marker if she isn't played from the graveyard, which means that you are paying 1 stock for a vanilla 7500.

But the biggest issue with this is that you must either forgo the anti heal mechanic if you want to handle lvl3, or your lvl3 will be weak as hell.
Mikuma isn't really that much of a dead card with the 2/1 Encore Giver, but it does make sense, since there has to be a "cost" to a 2/1 9500 card. Blue isn't really actually as "convenient" many "meta" decks (I call it "meta" only because it's "over"used, not necessarily because it's OP, Nisekoi aside.)

However, what actually makes the line-up good, if not downright great, is the flexibility of Haguro. Play it and attack with it without dying, and it essentially becomes a field Backup to your other charas, which still works even if it gets Reversed for some reason. That buffs the Level 1 9500 2/1 to 11000 (at Level 1, and 11500 - 12000 at Level 2) (should it be used) while still having a stable field (5k is a stable number.) and field configuration (forces your opponent to have a 6k, 12k, field at the least, not barring Backups) and forces the opponent to over-effort.

It has A LOT of flaws, mind you, and Yellow / Red is still preferrable, but I like to point out that Blue isn't as useless at first glance. It just needed like... self-support, which KC2 provided and more. Otherwise, the way to use Blue KC is to just use Blue (or probably some Green), and roll with it.

New News:
This is... just unexpected.

New New News:

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2015-01-08 at 22:13.
Old 2015-02-08, 19:39   Link #230
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Wow! xD

We had a mini-tournament yesterday. My Kill La Kill trial deck made it to the finals. Got beaten by Nisekoi 2-0. I just love spamming the Grade 2 Ryuuko and the climax card that go along with it. :3 The community's growing here so I hope this continues.

When it comes to Kill la Kill, I am planning to improving this deck but I just don't know what cards should I get and all. I want to prioritize on Satsuki and Ryuuko. So if you have any suggestions, then that would be great.

Old 2015-02-08, 19:49   Link #231
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

There are a couple of routes you can go down with Kill la Kill, from Ryuuko only to Ryuuko x Nui to Ryuuko x Satsuki... or Ryuuko x Mako. It depends on what you pick, eventually. The easiest to expand obviously is Ryuuko x Mako.
Old 2015-02-08, 20:43   Link #232
GDB

Finally got a "local" scene again (I quote it since it's 70-90 minutes away, but closer than the 4 hours I'd have had to do before moving) and played in a tournament yesterday. Everyone was shocked when I whipped out Fate/Zero since no one plays it and it's like impossible to get now. Ended up tied for 2nd. Only game I lost was to Nisekoi when I drew 6 of my climaxes by the time I hit level 1 (drew, not canceled).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 20:46   Link #233
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

There are a couple of reasons why people would be shocked that someone uses Fate/Zero, like HUSBANDO powers (unless you use Saber), F/Z's lack of tenacity against some of the fiercer opponents like LL and Nisekoi, etc.
Old 2015-02-08, 20:51   Link #234
GDB

It has two Saber brainstorms.

But yeah, it definitely looks like it'd have problems against the burnier decks. Intend to tweak the build to deal with that when I get a chance, just trying to figure out how. Not sure if it's by making the level 2 game beefier to try and push their soul damage faster or if it's by switching from Rider to Saber to Excaliblast their stuff.
Old 2015-02-08, 20:54   Link #235
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

There are a couple of.... I think I said this message too much recently.

You can either:
(1) You can go Rider L3 to do clock-kick for game.
(2) You can go Saber L3 to simply lose their ability to go soul-rush, but you'll need at least 3 copies to do it effectively. Just putting one on stage won't do you much.
Old 2015-02-08, 21:25   Link #236
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
There are a couple of routes you can go down with Kill la Kill, from Ryuuko only to Ryuuko x Nui to Ryuuko x Satsuki... or Ryuuko x Mako. It depends on what you pick, eventually. The easiest to expand obviously is Ryuuko x Mako.
Hmm... we'll see what's going to happen. I'm buying two booster packs this week. Who knows I might think of something up with the hauls I'll get. I'll pm you or place my card list here for evaluation.

Speaking of Fate/Zero. My first "tutorial" Weiss Schwarz fight that I had while waiting at the freedom halls in Cosplay Mania 2014 last year was Fate/Zero. That was also the same time I got to hold my Kill La Kill deck for the first time. It was a powerful deck though the "deck is only used for beginner and tutorial purposes" xD. I also got to taste Angel Beats as well. Pretty strong with all the music cards and effects.

Old 2015-02-08, 21:59   Link #237
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
There are a couple of.... I think I said this message too much recently.

You can either:
(1) You can go Rider L3 to do clock-kick for game.
(2) You can go Saber L3 to simply lose their ability to go soul-rush, but you'll need at least 3 copies to do it effectively. Just putting one on stage won't do you much.
Well, Rider is what the standard Fate/Zero deck has always done. Problem with that standard build is it isn't as fast as current burn builds. That's why I'm thinking the level 2 game is what needs to be beefed up, that way I kick them to level 3 earlier and I can absorb the burn damage a bit easier.

Especially since Fate/Zero cannot soul rush solely from climaxes. The only +2 soul climax is from the TD and doesn't combo with ANYTHING (not even Japanese only cards). If we could use FSN Excalibur it'd be different, since then one could run the Excaliblast build but with a +2 soul all climax instead of +1 stock +1 soul all.

My only fear with Saber level 3 is giving them the ability to fine tune their damage to prevent cancels. Was never a fan of -1 soul level 3s, but that was before burning everything was a thing.

And yeah, Music Angel Beats is a super fun build, but it's not even the best build. It's just a fun (cheap) build.
Old 2015-02-08, 22:20   Link #238
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, Rider is what the standard Fate/Zero deck has always done. Problem with that standard build is it isn't as fast as current burn builds. That's why I'm thinking the level 2 game is what needs to be beefed up, that way I kick them to level 3 earlier and I can absorb the burn damage a bit easier.

Especially since Fate/Zero cannot soul rush solely from climaxes. The only +2 soul climax is from the TD and doesn't combo with ANYTHING (not even Japanese only cards). If we could use FSN Excalibur it'd be different, since then one could run the Excaliblast build but with a +2 soul all climax instead of +1 stock +1 soul all.

My only fear with Saber level 3 is giving them the ability to fine tune their damage to prevent cancels. Was never a fan of -1 soul level 3s, but that was before burning everything was a thing.
I don't think there are much improvements to do before L3, since the L2 game is almost always just spam Excalibur until you get things right.

...unless you plan on using the 2/1 Assist that is.
Old 2015-02-08, 22:29   Link #239
GDB

Well, that's if you run yellow. The standard build is Red/Green using Chibi Archers and a Rin (to tutor out Rider for level 3). Thinking it might be better to switch out the Chibi Archers for beefy Archers (since he has 2 soul instead of 1), or switch Green out entirely for Yellow.

I'd just try it myself, but I don't have any of the level 3 Sabers.
Old 2015-02-08, 23:57   Link #240
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

L3 Archers are great and all, but they honestly don't help much except for the heal (which btw is a lot unless you're playing against Burn decks and KC and KLK which has anti-fun.)

The beefy Archers are a bad idea. Not only is 9.5k not that great, it easily loses to 2/2 Nico from LL and other 2/1 beaters that do A LOT better than 2/2 Archer, and it's not like they have Encore or something like that. You're better off using the Beserker combos, honestly, which at least has Clock Encore that will save you handsize in the long run.

Stock conservation is important in any Weiss game. And you won't save stock by having 2/2 charas that just get reversed the turn after you play them, not with the overwhelming powers of LL and Nisekoi. And SAO. And Madoka.

Tags
schwarz, tcg, trading card game, weiss