AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-26, 22:48   Link #901
Elvin

By all means, you don't even need my permission D: I've been too busy with other translation work to even listen to the rest, so it's pretty much out of my hands
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 16:47   Link #902
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hello everyone! Episode 1 of the Character disc Drama CDs (which I will call the After You've Gone Drama CDs from now on) has been translated. I know Elvin already did an excellent summary of it a few pages back (which was very helpful in my translation- thanks, Elvin), but I decided I wanted to give my hand at translating the whole thing, so I did Episode 1. This was a bit harder to translate than some of the other CDs, but not the hardest one- though as I mentioned earlier, later section will probably be hard for me because of all the medical and biological jargon featured here. I also did a bit of ad-libbing, but I think it fits.

So here it is, Episode 1!

Spoiler for After You've Gone Drama CD Episode 1 translation:

That's it. I'll see you later for Episode 2!

EDIT: 12/19/2012- Retranslated script.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2013-03-25 at 20:06.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 21:57   Link #903
Eab1990

Well, I went through the whole 2035 drama CD. And damn, my opinion of Kaburaki has not improved much. >_>

Spoiler:

Well, enough about that. Part 1 of this CD is already hilarious. Sara can be just as humorous as Coco when she starts talking about ninjas. I lol'd hard @ the talk about where they should live. Shame Sara spends most of this series panting in bed. Which might be fanservice for the listeners in itself... Kana Ueda is a very good seiyuu, after all. <_<

Lol @ Coco's pro-wrestling line too. Indeed, considering what she does later in the CD, she might be just as strong as a pro-wrestler...

Last edited by Eab1990; 2009-11-28 at 22:13.
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 00:18   Link #904
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eab1990 View Post
Well, I went through the whole 2035 drama CD. And damn, my opinion of Kaburaki has not improved much. >_>

Spoiler:

Well, enough about that. Part 1 of this CD is already hilarious. Sara can be just as humorous as Coco when she starts talking about ninjas. I lol'd hard @ the talk about where they should live. Shame Sara spends most of this series panting in bed. Which might be fanservice for the listeners in itself... Kana Ueda is a very good seiyuu, after all. <_<

Lol @ Coco's pro-wrestling line too. Indeed, considering what she does later in the CD, she might be just as strong as a pro-wrestler...
Spoiler for :

Oh, and I'm sorry, but the following episodes may come a little later than usual! I didn't have access to a Japanese-English dictionary today or yesterday, so there's a lot of blank lines that I have to fill, but at the same time I've got to catch up with post-Thanksgiving homework, plus my earphones broke. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.
Old 2009-11-29, 12:18   Link #905
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ok! Episode 2 is ready! This was one of the harder Drama CDs for me to translate due to all the medical jargon and words I didn't know, but I made it through somehow, though I did ad-lib some more bits as always.

Well, here you go!

Spoiler for After You've Gone Drama CD Episode 2 translation:

EDIT: 7/4/2013- Retranslated script.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2013-07-04 at 02:57.
Old 2009-11-30, 22:28   Link #906
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Alright, Episode 3 is here! This was probably the most difficult section to translate for a number of reasons, the main one being that the language this time had to be so precise in order to make sure the listener knows what was going on (particularly the specifics about the virus and Tsugumi's small speech about 2/3 of the way through the CD). There were also some words that I couldn't find a definition for for some reason, so I had to guess their meaning.

Well, that's enough of my talking. Here's Episode 3!

Spoiler for After You've Gone Drama CD Episode 3 translation:

EDIT: 7/4/2013- Retranslated script.

Ok, that's it for now. I'll try getting Episode 4 up as soon as I can, but I also have other things to deal with, so it may be a little late. See you there!

Last edited by GundamAce; 2013-07-04 at 03:46. Reason: Translation edits
Old 2009-12-01, 19:56   Link #907
Eab1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Spoiler for :

Oh, and I'm sorry, but the following episodes may come a little later than usual! I didn't have access to a Japanese-English dictionary today or yesterday, so there's a lot of blank lines that I have to fill, but at the same time I've got to catch up with post-Thanksgiving homework, plus my earphones broke. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.
Spoiler:

Really looking forward to episode 4. Comedy and action all-around, for the most part.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:24   Link #908
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Alright, next section's here! This episode was a rather mixed bag to translate- some sections were considerably easy, while the later sections tended to be somewhat harder. There were several words here that I couldn't exactly define, but I think I was close enough.

Here's Episode 4!

Spoiler for After You've Gone Drama CD Episode 4 translation:

Ok, that's it! The next episode is the last one! I've had fun translating this, so let's see where it ends up!

EDIT: 7/4/2013: Retranslated script.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2013-07-04 at 07:29. Reason: Translation edits
Old 2009-12-02, 23:23   Link #909
Eab1990

YESSSSSSSS IT'S FINALLY DONE

*listens to immediately*

Spoiler:

Last edited by Eab1990; 2009-12-02 at 23:50.
Old 2009-12-03, 23:27   Link #910
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

And here it is! The final episode of the After You've Gone Drama CDs! This episode was easier to translate than the last, but there were still some tricky words that I had trouble with. But now it's done!

Here's Episode 5!

Spoiler for After You've Gone Drama CD Episode 5 translation:

And that's it! I can't believe it's finally over! I really enjoyed making these and I hope I've helped you all by providing you with these translations! Please enjoy them as much as you want! I'd also like to thank Eab1990 for encouraging me on the way! See you later!

EDIT: 7/4/2013- Retranslated scripts.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2013-07-04 at 08:41.
Old 2009-12-04, 11:55   Link #911
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ah, everyone, I'm sorry, but have to admit I made a mistake in my translations. The Polter Virus is not a "killer" virus, the correct term was actually "extinct" (which makes much more sense in context, now that I think about it.) I've corrected every instance where I called the virus a killer virus by now calling it an extinct virus. I'm so sorry for this screw-up on my part!
Old 2009-12-04, 16:57   Link #912
Eab1990

Awesome, it's finished! I'll listen to the rest when I get the chance, but again, thanks a bunch!
Old 2009-12-05, 02:37   Link #913
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Wow, I need to listen to this!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 10:32   Link #914
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So...what happened with Kaburaki ? o.o; I was hoping for some scene containing him and You in this drama cd...but...

Well, at least my favourite couple is still in it and become the main characters xD;

thank you for translating it ;_;

*spamming cookies to Gundamace

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 13:24   Link #915
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

^
What happened to Kaburaki? Are you talking about in Disc 2 or the Drama CD as a whole?

Edit: If for the Drama CD as a whole, I can think of two reasons:
Spoiler for :

Last edited by GundamAce; 2009-12-05 at 20:45.
Old 2009-12-09, 12:09   Link #916
Xapheron

Hey, I've just finished Tsugumi's ending and am now in the middle of one of the kid's path, and I got a question. Why is it when Takeshi's perspective is played, Sara isn't found? Is it something that's shown later or in another route? I find it weird 'cause I remember that Tsugumi kept looking at the elevators in her path but never really thought much about it until now.
Xapheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 12:28   Link #917
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapheron View Post
Hey, I've just finished Tsugumi's ending and am now in the middle of one of the kid's path, and I got a question. Why is it when Takeshi's perspective is played, Sara isn't found? Is it something that's shown later or in another route? I find it weird 'cause I remember that Tsugumi kept looking at the elevators in her path but never really thought much about it until now.
That's part of the big mystery. Just finish it and all will be revealed.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:48   Link #918
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hey, I was randomly looking up Ever 17 stuff today when I came across this:

http://vre.sakura.ne.jp/game/ever17/

Anyone got a clue what it is? It seems like some kind of Ever 17 doujin game, but I'm not sure.
Old 2009-12-10, 21:56   Link #919
Eab1990

Damn, I haven't had the time to finish up After You've Gone... Blah, finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Hey, I was randomly looking up Ever 17 stuff today when I came across this:

http://vre.sakura.ne.jp/game/ever17/

Anyone got a clue what it is? It seems like some kind of Ever 17 doujin game, but I'm not sure.
That'd be that Crossover game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_P_dIze2vQ

I took little interest in it due to lack of Coco. >_>

Tags
visual novel