AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-03-09, 09:59   Link #1
fize4ever

Unhappy You Guys Maintain a Wiki, Right?

Alright, here's my story: I spent LITERALLY over 8 consecutive hours trying all sorts of search findings and tutorials to shorten up my MediaWiki URLs, I have became extremely frustrated with this, then it hit me, AnimeSuki has a WIKI! And they have tech savvy members too! Thus, I slapped my forehead and immediately stared to create this thread.

For some god forsaken reason, the rules work and the URLs rewrite, but they always hit me with a hard 404, no matter how many edits and messing I do. I swear, I think I'm starting to develop Arithmophobia here.

Would anyone here be willing to grace with his/her time, with any sort of assistance at all?
Here are the rules that SHOULD rewrite:
Spoiler for .htaccess:

The file is located in the "w" directory after I inserted it in the web root only to conflict with other rules that run WordPress and the site, and it's not like it did anything, it still 404'd me in all sorts of ways on the web root too.

PS: Willing to give root access here.
PSS: The mainsite is blocked in my location, so I'm not sure whether you guys have a wiki or not (pretty sure last time I was using a proxy that I've seen one though).
fize4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 10:27   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

(thread moved to Tech support as it doesn't directly involve AnimeSuki's Wiki site itself)

I'm afraid I may not be able to offer much help. My implementation for fancy Wiki URLs is simply this:
Quote:
Alias /wiki /path/to/wiki.animesuki.com/w/index.php
(in the VirtualHost configuration, not sure if this would work in .htaccess as well)
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 10:48   Link #3
fize4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
(thread moved to Tech support as it doesn't directly involve AnimeSuki's Wiki site itself)

I'm afraid I may not be able to offer much help. My implementation for fancy Wiki URLs is simply this:

(in the VirtualHost configuration, not sure if this would work in .htaccess as well)
Thanks for replying GHD, and also a big thanks for keeping the forums organized!

I might get to a sub domain just for the sake of trying that solution you posted, but while I was on my quest to fix this, I think I reached a resolution where the .htaccess rules are conflicting. Quite frankly, I think I am suppressing myself from expressing a very powerful orgasm from finally seeing this page once again, with a pretty URL.
Would you grace us with a proper settings for these pesky rules? Because right now, the solution is working on the account of the whole site being redirected to the wiki
Spoiler for .htaccess:

These are all my rules. Only "Pretty URLs" is existing at .htaccess file at the moment.

EDIT: GYAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IT'S ALL FIXED.

Last edited by fize4ever; 2011-03-10 at 11:35.
fize4ever is offline   Reply With Quote