Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-14, 14:50   Link #201
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Ah a fellow man of culture for best girl I see.

Ah a fellow man of culture for 2nd best girl I see.
I see you still mistake the 1st and 2nd places. But that's ok, we all have different tastes and that just means moar Student Council president for me
Old 2018-05-14, 17:26   Link #202
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ehhh the fact that they have to cut stuff out was an inevitability. But that doesn't guarantee that the pacing will be godawful. Some of the later arcs can go quite a bit faster since most of the fluff is out of the way already. I mean it's not like all 100 hours are spent telling the story. Conceivably they could wrap up the Madarame arc by next week. Although they might not. But they could.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 17:49   Link #203
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Ehhh the fact that they have to cut stuff out was an inevitability. But that doesn't guarantee that the pacing will be godawful. Some of the later arcs can go quite a bit faster since most of the fluff is out of the way already. I mean it's not like all 100 hours are spent telling the story. Conceivably they could wrap up the Madarame arc by next week. Although they might not. But they could.
At a minimum, I'd say two more episodes, following something similar to what happened with Kamoshida. One episode to get Yusuke on their side and deal with what Morgana saw, one episode for final battle and resolution of the arc. Kamoshida took 1 episode longer just because it also involved the whole set up of the series itself, and had both Ryuuji and Ann's recruitment to go through.

I imagine Target 4 and 5 can be done rather quickly if necessary.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 18:18   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I see you still mistake the 1st and 2nd places. But that's ok, we all have different tastes and that just means moar Student Council president for me
The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure Orion is talking about Makoto as well.
Old 2018-05-14, 18:20   Link #205
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I've just read comments about how the anime staff made Yusuke more sympathetic in the anime than in the game. What do you think?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 18:37   Link #206
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I've just read comments about how the anime staff made Yusuke more sympathetic in the anime than in the game. What do you think?
My memory isn't too good but I do think they changed a few things around and added an anime original scene to make him appear more sympathetic from the get-go. For a good while in the game, all he could think of was painting a nude Ann and treated Ren and Ryuji like nuisances. In the anime, it took us only 20 minutes to find out about his issues.
Old 2018-05-14, 21:57   Link #207
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure Orion is talking about Makoto as well.
Lady Ann and Futaba Sakura.
Old 2018-05-15, 08:27   Link #208
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
My memory isn't too good but I do think they changed a few things around and added an anime original scene to make him appear more sympathetic from the get-go. For a good while in the game, all he could think of was painting a nude Ann and treated Ren and Ryuji like nuisances. In the anime, it took us only 20 minutes to find out about his issues.
He just had the weird part of his personality showing more. If it feels like the anime has painted him in a different light, I gather it's because they gotta speed things up.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 12:52   Link #209
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

New episode: Had fun with this pacing. Yusuke's transition into a kabuki character was amazing. A shame it didn't end Madarame's arc. Wonder if there's a big to have a third episode for the boss.
Old 2018-05-19, 14:12   Link #210
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it's picking up in a fairly decent pace. The battle was much better with just physical attacks, too - unfortunately, throughout the episode, all mid-range character shots were shit. Next episode is definitely a Madarame finisher.

Abura-age joins the party!
Old 2018-05-19, 19:13   Link #211
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ann's antics were fun.

The palaces are completely flavorless in the anime. The way they're handling them really sucks. I get time is limited, but I'm sure they could have done better.
Old 2018-05-20, 03:37   Link #212
Random14

Well, they are really short on time. Like half of this episode alone was Yusuke backstory and we're not even close to a full crew yet (not to mention the obligatory boss fight for this arc). Nice to see Ohya show up, on paper her job makes her one of the more relevant confidants but the game didn't use her quite that much (not to mention having a useless bonus).

Ann's infiltration was funny, and glad to see Yusuke join the team. I don't expect the action scenes to improve though. Its cool seeing them wield their weapons rather than just their personas (as P4 did) but its probably too much for their budget. Maybe the action finale of this arc will be better, but I doubt it. At least they finally convinced Yusuke.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 05:44   Link #213
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Translating a gameplay mechanic (palaces) to an anime sounds like something that's more difficult than they have the budget for.
Old 2018-05-26, 17:33   Link #214
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The boss battle was a bit short. They could have combined it with last's episode battle and not enter into the palaces once again, killing two birds with one shot. Guess the problem was the time per episode. Still, I guess we need more screentime for Yusuke. Curiously, Akechi appeared for less than 10 seconds while in the flashforward Ren is already confessing the mondus operandi of the Phantom Thieves.
Old 2018-05-26, 17:39   Link #215
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That would totally mess up the order of events though. They have to enter the palace to find out about the door. And Yusuke doesn't become an ally until he finds out what was hidden behind the door.
Old 2018-05-26, 20:06   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The boss fight was so bad. I'm giving up on ever seeing a decent battle in this show. The rest was okay I guess, but it feels like they're just going through the motions/ticking the boxes. It's plain boring.

If the next episode is about who I think it is, it will be the best so far.
Old 2018-05-27, 09:11   Link #217
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I gave up on the action after the first episode. So this didn't bother me. Conveyance was done properly, that's all that matters to me. The emotional weight of what's happening to the characters is still intact.
Old 2018-05-27, 11:01   Link #218
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
The boss fight was so bad. I'm giving up on ever seeing a decent battle in this show. The rest was okay I guess, but it feels like they're just going through the motions/ticking the boxes. It's plain boring.

If the next episode is about who I think it is, it will be the best so far.
It's called operation maid watch, of course it's going to be about who you think it is. HYPED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I gave up on the action after the first episode. So this didn't bother me. Conveyance was done properly, that's all that matters to me. The emotional weight of what's happening to the characters is still intact.
Same here, the boss fights are particularly bad, but I enjoy the infiltration bits. Hotpot party had some strong FF8 orphanage vibes, it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the character drama for the next palaces too, there's just so much to let out.
Old 2018-05-28, 02:04   Link #219
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

2nd best adult girl's hair better be properly floofy or I riot.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 03:45   Link #220
Random14

That's still a ways off, isn't it? Unless they include more cameos, but they barely have time for Mr. Detective and Makoto cameos as is.

Nice end to the Yusuke arc. The boss fight was so-so, as is the Shadow breakdown, but I enjoyed the hotpot party more. Its good to see the gang enjoying each other's company. Ann called it, they really are a bunch of outcasts for various reasons.

Too bad the doctor lady didn't say anything, but at least that's another appearance from her. And I hope to see more of the cafe now that Sojiro is loosening up a bit.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote