AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-09, 20:35   Link #1
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Reformatting pc need info in moving bookmarks

HI, I'll be reformatting my pc and I was wondering if I can retain my bookmarks in mozilla. I know how I can keep the bookmark but I don't know how to apply it on the new formatted pc. Any ideas? thanks
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 04:14   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
when you download, reinstall firefox and lanuch it, an automatic screen will come up that will ask you do you wish to import bookmarks, check the 2nd option (not internet explorer) and find the file image that has all your saved bookmarks. all done.

I am assuming when you say u know how to retain them you mean you know how to export.

click on bookmarks organize books marks, file, export.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 06:44   Link #3
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
when you download, reinstall firefox and lanuch it, an automatic screen will come up that will ask you do you wish to import bookmarks, check the 2nd option (not internet explorer) and find the file image that has all your saved bookmarks. all done.

I am assuming when you say u know how to retain them you mean you know how to export.

click on bookmarks organize books marks, file, export.
I see thanks alot...also the file image that you speak of is the mozilla document right? located in documents and settings(with show hidden items enabled)?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 06:44   Link #4
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Try MozBackUp.
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 06:48   Link #5
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Try MozBackUp.
Never heard of it but I'll give it a try. thanks

edit: what does the mozilla bookmark file look like? I'm not sure if its the bookmarks files in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9lmdp8ok.default????
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 07:58   Link #6
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
Never heard of it but I'll give it a try. thanks

edit: what does the mozilla bookmark file look like? I'm not sure if its the bookmarks files in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9lmdp8ok.default????
It's just a bookmarks.html is I recall correctly. So if you find it, open it in a text editor and see if your links are there, backup the file somewhere, and when you have everything back just copy the file over to your Mozilla account folder.
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 08:22   Link #7
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
It's just a bookmarks.html is I recall correctly. So if you find it, open it in a text editor and see if your links are there, backup the file somewhere, and when you have everything back just copy the file over to your Mozilla account folder.
Thanks problem solved...

Side topic how can I boot to safe mode?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 08:39   Link #8
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
Thanks problem solved...

Side topic how can I boot to safe mode?
You press F8 during bootup which makes a choice appear, before the Windows logo with the progress bar appears. So when you just turn on your computer keep pressing F8 just to be sure.
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 09:02   Link #9
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
You press F8 during bootup which makes a choice appear, before the Windows logo with the progress bar appears. So when you just turn on your computer keep pressing F8 just to be sure.
Ah thanks...

Oh yeah can you install some programs even in safe mode?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 10:02   Link #10
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
Ah thanks...

Oh yeah can you install some programs even in safe mode?
I don't see a reason why you shouldn't, however problems might arise, si personally I wouldn't attempt to do so...

I reckon it might be quite program specific, depending on what system resource the installation procedure might require.
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 06:32   Link #11
Syaoran
Inactive Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Have you tried Foxmarks? That Firefox plugin saves your bookmarks on a central server and it can be used to synchronize them with different PCs or just for backup purposes.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 06:14   Link #12
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Sorry for bringing this back to life but I did the reformat and well I decided to use MozBackUp but I don't know use it to reuse my bookmark...I have the bookmark file its the a mozilla file, if you click it you can see all the bookmarks but you can't but it in bookmarks...
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:44   Link #13
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 29
Is it that bookmarks.html? Go to Bookmarks > Bookmarks Manager. In there, File > Import, grab your bookmarks.html.

If not, I guess you want to use MozBackUp to move everything back. I personally see no reason why to use that when the browser has an export function already.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 08:56   Link #14
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Is it that bookmarks.html? Go to Bookmarks > Bookmarks Manager. In there, File > Import, grab your bookmarks.html.

If not, I guess you want to use MozBackUp to move everything back. I personally see no reason why to use that when the browser has an export function already.
Sorry I was suppose to edit my message since I manage to figure it out...thanks anyways
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.