Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-13, 14:51   Link #381
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Is the game good? Absolutely.
The anime won't do justice to it specifically because the game even has better animated sequences .
Indeed! The game doesn't just have better animation, it has some of the absolutely best animation in the business full stop. Some of the sequences in game are absolute masterpieces when it comes to character animation. The amount of craftsmanship in some of them is absolutely impressive. My personal favourite is the scene where Futaba scares Ren and Makoto in the corridor. It's not only funny but also has an attention to detail to get all the lightning and movements right that I don't think I've ever seen in a videogame before.

As for the ending (late to the party I know) I admit I liked how trollish it was. Having a bad end there was pretty cool even if expected for a game player given the pacing. Bonus points for using the track "Freedom and Security" since it's one of my favorites in the OST.

But I don't know if it was just me knowing before hand what was going to happen or if it was because I marathoned all the episodes for the last palace but if felt like the betrayal was heavily telegraphed (and not only on the last episode, even before that there were hints imho).

Now to wait for the special to see if they can make it work. There's still so much of the game to go, almost everything is yet to be resolved. The game story truly is insanely large to fit into a tv series.
Old 2018-10-13, 19:19   Link #382
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Akechi's betrayal was just as obvious in the game too. I don't know what it was like for most players but I caught on to the pancake hint, which made me strongly suspect him since pretty much his introduction.

It's not like this is the biggest twist in the game, anyway. That big twist is so sweet.
Old 2018-10-14, 09:34   Link #383
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Akechi's betrayal was just as obvious in the game too. I don't know what it was like for most players but I caught on to the pancake hint, which made me strongly suspect him since pretty much his introduction.

It's not like this is the biggest twist in the game, anyway. That big twist is so sweet.
Yeah, I personally got it when he was "shocked" that Morgana was talking. It just felt like the show was being even more blunt than the game originally was.

But yeah, can't wait to see the rest of the twists. The anime really hasn't covered virtually nothing yet. Almost the entire story is still to be told.
Old 2018-10-14, 21:47   Link #384
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think the obvious thing about Akechi is that the opening never featured him as a Thief. Not even in the game intro he is present.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 21:52   Link #385
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://personacentral.com/persona-5...ember-30-2018/

Dark Sun is due to to be out by 12/30.

Meanwhile, the anime art book will be released by 12/29.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 10:15   Link #386
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://personacentral.com/first-loo...cast-released/

First details of Dark Sun and some spoilers.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2018-12-27, 19:11   Link #387
xellos2099

Is 1 hour enough to cover so much content?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 06:24   Link #388
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I have the exact same question. I can see them getting the normal ending done in the short amount of time they have but doing all of it just seems like it'll end up as rushed or more than the tv show already was :/
Old 2018-12-28, 07:43   Link #389
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Not even remotely close. IMO they'd need an entire cour to get the rest of the story done. Where the anime left off is where it gets real story heavy.
Old 2018-12-28, 15:05   Link #390
Frontier

They might need to really rush it a little but I can at least see them covering the next Palace in an hour.

Spoiler:
Old 2018-12-30, 12:57   Link #391
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-march/.141464

In March, there is another special. Guess that while the December one focuses on Akechi, the March one could be the finale. I hope at least. Did something happen to the studio to have this pauses? Even Kekkai Sensen closed its story faster.
Old 2018-12-30, 14:36   Link #392
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

This series has basically been perfect on timing for the credit roll. Would have liked a little bit more from the confidants but what we got was pretty great. Kawakami sensei still best girl.

There was way too much story for 1h of show. The March special should wrap things nicely.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 16:45   Link #393
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just watched the special. Don't know what to say about the animation (I mean it's hilarious when the Personas are not working and Ren starts using his gun at Akechi) but the story was wellplayed. It felt a bit like Death Note due to how the Thieves organized everything in advance.

The other hilarious part was how simply they got Akechi was already experienced with the metaverse thanks due to Akechi reacting to Morgana due to a pancake commentary. No wonder it's such a meme.

Then the most important part might be how Ren finally had something unique due to his relationship with Shido but I would have preferred if he were more the center considering he says everything offscreen. Then we had the cliffhanger. No idea what's going on.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2018-12-30 at 21:25.
Old 2018-12-31, 13:36   Link #394
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was way too rushed. At least they didn't try to fit everything in this special, which would have been impossible in the first place anyway.

Next special will probably have a better pace.
Old 2019-01-01, 08:06   Link #395
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

They did some adaptation expansion on a conspiracy member, albeit minor, who was whacked off.

PS - Has anyone seen any cover art for the show on the Japanese Volume 6 DVD/Blu Ray without any logos/words on it?

Old 2019-01-01, 09:53   Link #396
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm still glad that they put some of main interesting characteristics in the dungeon to the anime... well, other than swimsuit parts The scene with the party turning into mouse and balcony jumping was really on point though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 12:45   Link #397
Wandering Soul

I expected them to rush the dungeon, so I can't say the pacing really surprised me.
Old 2019-01-01, 13:51   Link #398
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
They did some adaptation expansion on a conspiracy member, albeit minor, who was whacked off.
Who are you talking about?
Old 2019-01-01, 21:18   Link #399
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I expected them to rush the dungeon, so I can't say the pacing really surprised me.
I agree that it was pretty much expected. I think they did decent job though considering the time they were budgeted. I just hope they are able to do justice to the final battle and ending in the next episode.
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 21:23   Link #400
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

"The next episode is in March!"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote