AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 19:14   Link #1881
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well you could always for Sherman variants verses Sherman variant (they now have Soviet T-34s verses T-34 varients from China). I can see some Suez action sort of thing happening with Israeli M50 and M51 Super Shermans (Shermans with French guns) verse Egyptian M4A4s with French FL-10 turrets (off the AMX 13).
Old 2013-01-17, 19:25   Link #1882
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
In other news I've decided to hit the German TD tree to see what all the fuss is about and so far I'm working my through the hetzer and one thing that stands out with it is that its soooooo slow to start of with but its bouncy armour has saved me more than a few times.
Wait until you have it modded out, and your crew gets some experience. You will definitely see an improvement (as with most tanks I guess). Especially with clutch braking I can keep up with tanks trying to get around me.

Out of all my tanks, the Hetzer has the highest success rate, around 53%.
Old 2013-01-17, 19:28   Link #1883
Gravitas Free Zone

Chinese tech line = Notable increase in stupid borderline-racist-offensive comments. At least in NA. I'm fully aware of what the trash talk in East Asia is like normally.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:34   Link #1884
aly_angelflight

Uh, yeah... a lot of people making China "jokes" that are in really bad taste. Doesn't help that 90% of all tanks lately in the lower tiers are going to be Chinese, either.
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:42   Link #1885
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Wow... already making an impact huh? Them Chinese tanks...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:54   Link #1886
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hide & Seek Weekend

50% Credit Discount:
Tier V M24 Chaffee
Tier V Crusader
Tier V VK 2801
Tier V T-50-2
I've had the T-50-2 researched for the longest time, but have yet to acquire one for the garage. This is probably the push factor I need to finally plump for it.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:59   Link #1887
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I've had the T-50-2 researched for the longest time, but have yet to acquire one for the garage. This is probably the push factor I need to finally plump for it.
Same here. I've been avoiding it out of the principle of "a Superior man does not play troll tanks", but perhaps now I will succumb.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:10   Link #1888
Pen3

My stats. Check out Ferdi its decent.
http://www.vbaddict.net/wot.php?do=c...74c38307ee74a3
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 00:45   Link #1889
Gravitas Free Zone

Have unlocked the KV-1 in addition to the Tiger II now. Planning on getting them during the Super Brawl Weekend event, so who knows what sort of accumulated free XP shenanigans I'll get into during the next two weeks. (Decided not to spend any gold converting my elite tanks to free XP, and am working on my crews anyway.)
Old 2013-01-18, 01:10   Link #1890
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so they planned to have SPG line into ten tank. T8 get moved to TX and new tank in between or something like that

also they still thinking about China and UK TD and SPG line.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 03:02   Link #1891
Sumeragi
Banned

One of my stranger StuG III games:

No shots, no hits, pure detected damages.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 03:26   Link #1892
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Is the "Hide and Seek" weekend a NA sever thing ? if not then thats the third time I have saved and grinded for ages on a single tank only for it to get a big discount just after.......

In other news I've decided to hit the German TD tree to see what all the fuss is about and so far I'm working my through the hetzer and one thing that stands out with it is that its soooooo slow to start of with but its bouncy armour has saved me more than a few times.
It's a NA server thing, we'll be getting Leningrad: The Siege is Broken! event which probably involves a bunch of Russian and German tanks being cheaper and giving more money (details are still unknown)
Old 2013-01-18, 04:16   Link #1893
Sumeragi
Banned

Desparate for victories, I have decided to get the 10,5 cm KwK 45 L/52. Wish me luck.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 04:45   Link #1894
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

for some reason, just when my Winrate about to get the distance of win 100 more than lose, I suffer losing streak, and then winning streak, close to that distance again and then lose some match again....
Old 2013-01-18, 10:02   Link #1895
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Drake, how upgraded is your Hetzer?
Have just fitted the best engine and its made a notable difference so far, I'm going to work for the silly 10.5 canon as I have been one hit killed so much by it in the past so I want to try it out myself.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 10:33   Link #1896
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Any interesting mods working so far for 8.3? I'm particularly interested in the *cough* slightly unfair *cough* UI mods that give you the idea of tank weak spots.

The Sherman's 76mm has decent penetration, while the derp gun is, well, derp (though I can't really use it until my crew is better and I have a gun-laying drive, so I wouldn't be such a sitting duck if I miss), so this is basically the first tank I have where I actually stand a chance at trolling the heavies -- if I know where to hit them where it hurts.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 11:08   Link #1897
Awrya
U mad?

EU Weekend Special

Too bad the bonus/discount is PzKpfw IV and not PzKpfw III/IV, but I'll enjoy the KV-1S.
Nearly got the turret upgrade, which gun should I go for? 122mm has a long reload speed, can the 85mm penetrate tier 6 heavies?
Old 2013-01-18, 11:16   Link #1898
Gravitas Free Zone

Like I said, I was really enjoying the Derp Sherman, even without a gun-laying drive (though my crew is over 50% in first skill and I got the Smooth Ride/Snap Shot combo going).

Got the Fat Max from the sale...

First battle was in Westfield, no arty, but I forgot my binoculars and had a control problem mid-game, so it didn't go well, though I did get a feel for the cannon.

Second battle was in Port, which is about as unfriendly a map for a slow, open-topped TD as you can get. But I was top tier for this one, so I was able to shoot my way through a number of certain-death situations. With a top reverse speed of about 12 KPH, you cannot peekaboo with a Max. But I also sure as hell wasn't going to let myself get killed by a Pz38nA and an M3 Lee. The 38nA I slewed on and snapshot (and it went boom), the M3 I'm pretty sure I critshot the gun on first (at least I was aiming specifically at it) but it took two hits to kill. Mugged a Churchill along the way (about the only tank in that battle that I could actually drive faster than). Toughest fight was with a PzIV Schmalturm, which easily could and should have killed me, but my armor actually bounced a couple of shots while I was trying to back away, so I was able to finish it off.

So yeah... unsafe as hell, but a decent gun.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-01-18 at 11:38.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:55   Link #1899
Blaat

I loved the derp gun without using gun-laying drive nor did I use the Smooth Ride/Snap Shot combo. I did use the gun-rammer mind you. And yes the derp gun was still great although I did once had an embarrassing 1vs1 loss while brawling against a Covenanter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
EU Weekend Special

Too bad the bonus/discount is PzKpfw IV and not PzKpfw III/IV, but I'll enjoy the KV-1S.
Nearly got the turret upgrade, which gun should I go for? 122mm has a long reload speed, can the 85mm penetrate tier 6 heavies?
You have two choices really after the turret:
1. 122mm
2. 122mm.

The 122mm is pretty much the reason why people consider the KV-1S as overpowered, the gun is insane and you will be doing damage against Tier 8. The 85mm is at best a place holder to make live easier until you get the 122mm (the question is of course is it worth to spend the 4.5k research points while you need to grind 17k for the 122mm)

As for the weekend, we'll be seeing lots of KV-1S on the EU server that's for sure.
Old 2013-01-18, 12:04   Link #1900
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Hetzer gonna Hetz !

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Got enough from that and a battle after to research and fit the 10.5 gun however I haven't had a chance to try it out.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks